Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

But at least this way I won’t put my :dong: anywhere I’m not supposed to.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:57 pm But at least this way I won’t put my :dong: anywhere I’m not supposed to.
So wait, it's a girl that used to be a dude and her boyfriend? Or the other way.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:27 pm

:fuckyeah:
:popcorn:
In4pics
Not cute. I’ll grab one off her Fb.
:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:56 pm Image

Jessi Ryan appears to be her “partner”, also not cute.
I mean, she's better looking than me. :iono:
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:57 pm But at least this way I won’t put my :dong: anywhere I’m not supposed to.
So wait, it's a girl that used to be a dude and her boyfriend? Or the other way.
Girl through and through as far as a know.

I was just referencing sleeping with a roommate and potentially ruining a good cohabitation. Had that temptation with other gals I’ve lived with in the past that were fuckable.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Home inspection came and went at my place, here are the open issues and my response:

-GFCI at front door (outside) not working right:
Me: ok I'll replace
-No GFCI at laundry outlet:
Me: ok I'll install

-light fixture in upper foyer not enough, add a second:
Me: Go and pound sand, there is a fixture and it is one I should have removed before these sluts arrived. It is on a three way switch and access from two sides. You get no extra light switch.

Living room window hard to open:
Me: We will fix it, there is a $50 kit that gives the windows new gears. I've fixed a few to date and they are pretty quick and easy.

Basement stairs: no railing
Me: :aintcare: , install your own

Basement washroom: hot is cold, cold is hot.. fix it
Me: :gtfo: , I'm not messing with plumbing. Risk is high. I actually dont think the inspector knows how to use the faucet, i never noticed it to be backwards.

I told them they could have their deposit back and be on their way if they think I'm bending at all after their 50k discount. They will be fine and not going anywhere, it's turning into a hotter market.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 pm Home inspection came and went at my place, here are the open issues and my response:

Me: Go and pound sand, there is a fixture and it is one I should have removed before these sluts arrived. It is on a three way switch and access from two sides. You get no extra light switch.

Me: We will fix it, there is a $50 kit that gives the windows new gears. I've fixed a few to date and they are pretty quick and easy.

Me: :gtfo: , I'm not messing with plumbing. Risk is high. I actually dont think the inspector knows how to use the faucet, i never noticed it to be backwards.

I told them they could have their deposit back and be on their way if they think I'm bending at all after their 50k discount. They will be fine and not going anywhere, it's turning into a hotter market.
The GFCI issues sound reasonable. The rest? :ayfkm:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 pm Home inspection came and went at my place, here are the open issues and my response:

I'll do it for the sake of electrical safety standards that in the case of the front door were in place in 1999 when the house was built but I think to try and get me to pay for those other items is unreasonable. It is not a new house with a warranty :rolleyes: . The house we have offered is in better shape then anything else I've been in on the market. I didn't go beating up my home seller for petty stuff, it's pretty uncharacteristic of people to be demanding these things. I mean it doesn't hurt to try, but this is a turn key executive appointed home with zero real issues. It doesn't even need paint unless the new owners really don't like the color. I told my agent I wasn't going to tolerate the demands with the discount they got, and I'm pretty sure the agents talked and knew what my bottom line was before they put in their offer.

My favorite was the second light in a foyer that is like ten feet by 20 feet and already has a bright ass light fixture running off of a three way.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Found the old railing but its rough, going to tell the buyers that they can install it themselves if they decide they actually want to throw it back on. :grumpycat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Girl through and through as far as a know.

I was just referencing sleeping with a roommate and potentially ruining a good cohabitation. Had that temptation with other gals I’ve lived with in the past that were fuckable.
OIC.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Re: GFCI washer
If it was not required when the house was built tell them to pound sand IMHO. The washer might trip the fucking thing anyway.

The basement railing sounds most serious. Everything else is pound sand. Also, they saw house,50k off...I'd be inclined to say pound sand
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 am

Re: GFCI washer
If it was not required when the house was built tell them to pound sand IMHO. The washer might trip the fucking thing anyway.

The basement railing sounds most serious. Everything else is pound sand. Also, they saw house,50k off...I'd be inclined to say pound sand
I think they mean a GFCI on the outlet in the laundry room above the counter. They should do that themselves, but I will do it because I think they are dumb enough to kill themselves.

Thankfully I remember that I have the builder supplied railing from the pre-basement reno and will leave it on the floor for them. It is pretty beat to shit so they can now decide if THEY want a new one or mount it as is.

If they paid over ask I'd be nice, but fk them.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 am
wap wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 pm

I'll do it for the sake of electrical safety standards that in the case of the front door were in place in 1999 when the house was built but I think to try and get me to pay for those other items is unreasonable. It is not a new house with a warranty :rolleyes: . The house we have offered is in better shape then anything else I've been in on the market. I didn't go beating up my home seller for petty stuff, it's pretty uncharacteristic of people to be demanding these things. I mean it doesn't hurt to try, but this is a turn key executive appointed home with zero real issues. It doesn't even need paint unless the new owners really don't like the color. I told my agent I wasn't going to tolerate the demands with the discount they got, and I'm pretty sure the agents talked and knew what my bottom line was before they put in their offer.

My favorite was the second light in a foyer that is like ten feet by 20 feet and already has a bright ass light fixture running off of a three way.
Yea that's :fullretard:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Rediculous turn of events today...

Home inspection crew walked today, they had five days for home inspection and finance and had a few hrs left to lift the conditions. I new when they dropped the deposit from 60k (5%) to 35k something was off about the position they were taking, it was one foot in and one food out.

After they walked my agent contacted the first group who tried to lowball by 100k and it turns out they really want the house and have remorse after under bidding at 1.1M, and getting outbid at their "final offer" of 1.135M. They have send a new offer for 1.150M and he tells me they are :moist: for the house right before the fall market hits. Interest rates are going to drop and lower fixed rates are already here so we are signing back 1.17M. Three new calls came in for showing requests as well. I will be a full blown alchohol by the time this is over :lol:

At least the market in leaning in our favor. :excited:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Sorry to hear it man...but it seems like you are in a good spot regardless.....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 pm Sorry to hear it man...but it seems like you are in a good spot regardless.....
Over ask is starting to appear on sold properties again, this is new news so I'm pretty stoked about it. Would be nice to have the sale behind us but we are really lucky with our timing and our agent is amazing! He literally replaced one offer with another through the power of persuasion! I'm :mindblown: right now!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Newest offer sent back to buyer, a second showing happened today and the new group is French speaking and need to be in the area for work relocation and excellent French schools. This is getting interesting. If the buyers sign back my counter offer it's another five day waiting game for them to do their due diligence before the sold sign goes up. If not we wrangle in the new party... :excited:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sold again! 12,800 more then the group that walked. They essentially threw in a gen two MR2 and any surprise repairs and maintenance. Hmm...
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 pm Sold again! 12,800 more then the group that walked. They essentially threw in a gen two MR2 and any surprise repairs and maintenance. Hmm...
:fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

So I've been price shopping different areas of NC and came across this garagemahal.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4017 ... 6513_zpid/
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 pm So I've been price shopping different areas of NC and came across this garagemahal.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4017 ... 6513_zpid/
:impressive:

5/7 would buy this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Another showing canceled because the seller's accepted an offer before we could get in. :rage: :ayfkm:
SAWCE

Nest owners/users: do you have trouble with the auto-schedule feature?

I’ve disabled mine, because it kept cranking the AC temp way down at night, and even with it turned off, it’s still doing it. When I look at the history for any of the nights in the last week, around 2AM it drops down to 72° and says “auto-schedule”. Then when I check my settings, auto-schedule is turned off. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it? 72° is more cold than I need it and I don’t want to pay for energy usage that I’m not actually wanting...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:45 am Nest owners/users: do you have trouble with the auto-schedule feature?

I’ve disabled mine, because it kept cranking the AC temp way down at night, and even with it turned off, it’s still doing it. When I look at the history for any of the nights in the last week, around 2AM it drops down to 72° and says “auto-schedule”. Then when I check my settings, auto-schedule is turned off. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it? 72° is more cold than I need it and I don’t want to pay for energy usage that I’m not actually wanting...
Haven't had that happen to me and I'm an early adopter for Nest thermostats.

Did you wipe the entire schedule? Remember it scrolls to the right too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Second set of buyers did their home inspection yesterday. Today is a big day for us, either they firm up or they walk.

Home inspector #2:

1.) Some residual taping in basement came loose when our old dishwasher leaked on us.. they want it fixed. I'll do it myself or have a contractor do it so I can provide a receipt of completion if required.

2.) Front window crank getting stuck (that's the second inspector that noted it, which I'm surprised about because we've always had no trouble and I even tested it before they came... I must be talented or something).

Everything else came up clean, I left a note on the humidifier stating that it is 20 yrs old and not part of the newly installed HVAC system. They didn't bother mentioning it to me in the home inspection process so I'm in the clear there.

Looking forward to good news by dinner. 🙏🤞