Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote:Subway tile is actually coming back. Infamous sends me a bunch of pinshit photos of kitchens with that tile now.

I don't mind it since it's cheap. :iono:
Does aren't subway tiles, :doe: , which I'm guessing you know but just sayin' to build post count.
:rolleyes:

What are they then Mr. Vila?

I know subway tiles are usually rectangle, but I've seen squares like this called it too. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:Everyone should rent forever.

Am I doing it rite?
yes.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote:Everyone should rent forever.

Am I doing it rite?
yes.
Reality, we're both doing it wrong.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: yes.
Reality, we're both doing it wrong.
:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Does aren't subway tiles, :doe: , which I'm guessing you know but just sayin' to build post count.
:rolleyes:

I know subway tiles are usually rectangle, but I've seen squares like this called it too. :iono:
Those are just 4" square tiles laid in a running bond pattern. Subway tiles are traditionally 3" x 6", and are also laid in a running bond pattern.

And, I have been watching This Old House since Vila's first season back in 1979. ;)
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: :rolleyes:

Those are just 4" square tiles laid in a running bond pattern. Subway tiles are traditionally 3" x 6", and are also laid in a running bond pattern.

And, I have been watching This Old House since Vila's first season back in 1979. ;)
I remember my parent's watching it and I was all :butwhy:

Now, I watch a ton of it because I hate myself and keep buying old busted ass houses.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Reality, we're both doing it wrong.
Amirite then?

:yesth:

Rentpoor4ever
:yesth:
wap

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Those are just 4" square tiles laid in a running bond pattern. Subway tiles are traditionally 3" x 6", and are also laid in a running bond pattern.

I remember my parent's watching it and I was all :butwhy:

Now, I watch a ton of it because I hate myself and keep buying old busted ass houses.
:lolol:
So irony. Such house woes. Wow.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: I remember my parent's watching it and I was all :butwhy:

So irony. Such house woes. Wow.
:(
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: :yesth:
Maybe I should start leasing, too. Own none of the things!
Now you're getting it!
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Now you're getting it!
Next you'll have me saying: "Lease all the GM things!"

:notsure:
:zing:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I'm really torn on the subway tile. I like it because it's so simple, but I'm afraid it's too trendy and will be out of style in 3.5 years. I'm really digging the geometric tile though

Also, had to choose hardware for my cabinets today. What a stressful decision. All these decisions are stressful. At least I'm really happy with the shade of white I chose for the cabinets. So many shades of white out there... Pics coming later. Not all the cabinet doors and drawers were in yet.
wap

Hales, FWIW, like me, subway tile has been around for many many decades (maybe a century?) so I don't think it will ever completely go out of style, unlike me. Kinda like stainless steel appliances. It'll always look at least fairly contemporary.

That geometric tile looks cool, but louder, bolder designs are what typically age badly over a shorter length time. Think loud, flowery wallpaper, patterned shag carpeting, or avocado green appliances.

Of course, in the end you do what makes you happy and fuck everyone else's opinions.
ChrisoftheNorth

I feel like geometric tile would get dated fast. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:Hales, FWIW, like me, subway tile has been around for many many decades (maybe a century?) so I don't think it will ever completely go out of style, unlike me. Kinda like stainless steel appliances. It'll always look at least fairly contemporary.

That geometric tile looks cool, but louder, bolder designs are what typically age badly over a shorter length time. Think loud, flowery wallpaper, patterned shag carpeting, or avocado green appliances.

Of course, in the end you do what makes you happy and fuck everyone else's opinions.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

wap wrote:Hales, FWIW, like me, subway tile has been around for many many decades (maybe a century?) so I don't think it will ever completely go out of style, unlike me. Kinda like stainless steel appliances. It'll always look at least fairly contemporary.

That's a good point. I'm going to put in subway tile and think of you every time I see it.
wap

haleyann wrote:

That's a good point. I'm going to put in subway tile and think of you every time I see it.
D'awwww :wub:

Maybe someday you'll cook me a meal in your beautiful new kitchen... :)
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I still haven't sanded the first coat of mud on the drywall I put up last weekend. I was going to do it on Monday, but the wife wanted to go out drinking instead. Had to go pick up a bunch of shit on Tuesday night, bought a bike for the wife on Wednesday, and went out for dinner again last night. Tonight the wife drug me to the mother in law's place, where I ended up taking over the kitchen and cooking anyway, and now I'm home with a frosty beverage.

I'm now a week behind from where I wanted to be, but a week ahead of where I knew I would be. Next weekend I work Saturday, so I need to buckle down during the week next week.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So Kitchen upgrade. I'm going to get new countertop, new shucker cabinet doors and paint the cabinet sides. I'm not sure if I'll need to take my tiles out. Hoping that the new counter will perfectly replace the old height wise. Then I'll be :fuckyeah: on keeping the tiles which are coincidentally subway tiles white with white grout. I really like mine and get lots of compliments. They are 10yrs old and still look in style.

It's going to be close to 8k-10k based on first estimates and me painting my own cabinets and ordering installing doors from Home Depot.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I live with the 'rents. Only until I get a job, which will probably commence around summer of 2017.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Have I got a house for you!
The house I'm staying in (my mother's) has the very worst of what you just described.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Melon wrote:

The house I'm staying in (my mother's) has the very worst of what you just described.
:lol: Pics!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote:
Melon wrote:
Image Pics!

Sent from the beer depository
:therapist:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Wallpaper on the ceiling in the kitchen.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Oh good lord. :gag: :gag: :gag: