Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

In other news..... was having company over for Easter.....mowed for the first time......last pass, hard turn trying to mulch the clippings, yuge plume of smoke.....bye bye belt..... :rage:

TIme to get me one of dese

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:33 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 pm

:gonbgud:
Got her done. :amaze: how much better the dryer works...... Mad at myself for not doing the relo sooner..... Bonus: My handy ass brother-in-law cut the time it would have taken in half because I am an overthinker and he is a doer..... 2nd Added bonus: He is a GE repairman so he fixed our icemaker and tore the dryer apart and gave it a deep clean ..... while he was doing the appliances I raised my sump pump up about two inches .... al da work done before lunch..... :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :nice: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 pm

:gonbgud:
Got her done. :amaze: how much better the dryer works...... Mad at myself for not doing the relo sooner..... Bonus: My handy ass brother-in-law cut the time it would have taken in half because I am an overthinker and he is a doer..... 2nd Added bonus: He is a GE repairman so he fixed our icemaker and tore the dryer apart and gave it a deep clean ..... while he was doing the appliances I raised my sump pump up about two inches .... al da work done before lunch..... :fuckyeah:
Wut
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Wut
He removed all the panels, then the drum, vacuumed all the errant lint and lubricated the drum wheels/runners and drive motor couplings....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Wut
He removed all the panels, then the drum, vacuumed all the errant lint and lubricated the drum wheels/runners and drive motor couplings....
Got it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wut
Lint gets everywhere, Dirk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Lowe’s is doing a promo if you text either Spring or April to 78133 you guys get a $5-500 coupon for in store use TODAY only.

I did it and got $5 but my friend got a $500 coupon. Worth a shot. Takes 15-20 minutes to receive the coupon
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish

razr390 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm Lowe’s is doing a promo if you text either Spring or April to 78133 you guys get a $5-500 coupon for in store use TODAY only.

I did it and got $5 but my friend got a $500 coupon. Worth a shot. Takes 15-20 minutes to receive the coupon
Fuq...I just got back from Lowes.... :disappoint:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:Lowe’s is doing a promo if you text either Spring or April to 78133 you guys get a $5-500 coupon for in store use TODAY only.

USPS will give you a coupon for 10% off your entire purchase at Lowes when you file a change of address with them online. AFAIK it works on any items. I used it to order some Gladiator shelving units here.
Irish

Replaced deck belt on my Troy Bilt mower today. Not one of my favorite jobs, but got it done. I had to drill new holes on both pulley covers and bend to fit because of rust. Nothing is made to last these days.
troyguitar

I would have given you mine. 2015 TB110, garage kept in a salt free climate!

I have no use for it up here and have been meaning to throw it on crangslist.
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:43 pm I would have given you mine. 2015 TB110, garage kept in a salt free climate!

:wub: very generous......but I have about a half acre with a fairly steep hill in the back so riding (ride on) mower is a must for me....
troyguitar

Irish wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:43 pm I would have given you mine. 2015 TB110, garage kept in a salt free climate!

:wub: very generous......but I have about a half acre with a fairly steep hill in the back so riding (ride on) mower is a must for me....
Sounds like our old :haus: in the blessed lands, 0/7 would not mow that with the little push mower.
Irish

Any of you guise have a whole house water filter system? I priced my refrigerator filter at $50 at Lowes, fuq that. SO I started pricing replacement filters online and found them considerably cheaper. It looks like they filter to 1 micron (although its difficult to find good info on the web), But now I'm thinking I might put in a simple filter housing in the incoming water line and filter down to the same 1 micron. We are on "city water" and they send reports that say that the water is already good (a little on the hard side), but the fridge water tastes a lot better than tap.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Dang.
Fucking "Hoo Shoo Too Rd".

The names must be named that way so the feds don't take it seriously.

Agent: "Boss, fresh intel came in that there's a coke landing strip in airboat land"
Boss: "Excellent! Got a location?"
Agent: PAUSE....PAUSE...
Boss: "Well?"
Agent: "Yessir, it's off Hoo Shoo Too Rd"
Boss: "What the...stop making shit up and get out of my face. Next time do some real work"
for reference, I just got an email notification. That place sold for $287k. Im pretty happy they countered out $265k offer with $292k. :lolol: Bullet dodged. Enjoy that $12k/yr of flood insurance.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2322 ... 1715_zpid/

and a comp in our hood just went for $269k.

We nearly ready to list.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:09 pm Any of you guise have a whole house water filter system? I priced my refrigerator filter at $50 at Lowes, fuq that. SO I started pricing replacement filters online and found them considerably cheaper. It looks like they filter to 1 micron (although its difficult to find good info on the web), But now I'm thinking I might put in a simple filter housing in the incoming water line and filter down to the same 1 micron. We are on "city water" and they send reports that say that the water is already good (a little on the hard side), but the fridge water tastes a lot better than tap.
I did this on my first home when I went to a tankless water heater. it was added piece of mind to prevent build up or corrosion in the unit. Just make sure to look at water flow (GPM) vs running a shower and appliance at same time.

https://www.amazon.com/Culligan-WH-HD20 ... way&sr=8-4

something like that?
Irish

dubshow wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:02 pm
Irish wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:09 pm Any of you guise have a whole house water filter system? I priced my refrigerator filter at $50 at Lowes, fuq that. SO I started pricing replacement filters online and found them considerably cheaper. It looks like they filter to 1 micron (although its difficult to find good info on the web), But now I'm thinking I might put in a simple filter housing in the incoming water line and filter down to the same 1 micron. We are on "city water" and they send reports that say that the water is already good (a little on the hard side), but the fridge water tastes a lot better than tap.
I did this on my first home when I went to a tankless water heater. it was added piece of mind to prevent build up or corrosion in the unit. Just make sure to look at water flow (GPM) vs running a shower and appliance at same time.

something like that?
Yes, something exactly like that. Do you have a recommendation on GPM i should be looking for?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:10 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:02 pm

something like that?
Yes, something exactly like that. Do you have a recommendation on GPM i should be looking for?
From my research: try to match the dia of your pipe. Never create a bottle neck of reduction in size. 1" pipe should flow fine. Just don't get a 3/4" if your main is 1". Those single filters should match flow. Multi stage filters can reduce flow
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish, what's the GPM of your shower and say dishwasher? You got to look at your needs. If you have a hi flow shower with 3 spouts you have different needs. It's a simple addition equation.
Irish

dubshow wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 pm Irish, what's the GPM of your shower and say dishwasher? You got to look at your needs. If you have a hi flow shower with 3 spouts you have different needs. It's a simple addition equation.
I will have to look at this. Pretty sure I am 3/4" throughout, standard shower heads in two bathrooms, middle of the line dishwasher.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 pm Irish, what's the GPM of your shower and say dishwasher? You got to look at your needs. If you have a hi flow shower with 3 spouts you have different needs. It's a simple addition equation.
I will have to look at this. Pretty sure I am 3/4" throughout, standard shower heads in two bathrooms, middle of the line dishwasher.
Tank water heater?
Irish

dubshow wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:25 pm
Irish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Tank water heater?
Yes.... I really need to take stock, because now that I think about it, I'm sure at some point the water lines turn into 1/2" copper.......
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:26 pm Has anyone done a crushed stone patio? It seems pretty easy (dig down, build a box, put in landscaping fabric, fill it up with sine) way to gain some usable square footage.
Totally depends what you want to do with it and how you use it.

We made a fire pit at our last house with crushed stone...did exactly as you described, and it ended up meh. Looked fine and functioned fine, but the issue was mostly something that should have been foreseeable...we often go outside in bare feet. NO crushed stone is friendly to bare feet.

We ended up removing the stone and using it for landscaping, and filling the pit with sand like a "beach". People were :mindblown: by it, and I'll admit that it was nice to dig your feet into the sand as the fire went on. Maintenance was easy too...just sift it with screens every so often to get the junk out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

We made a fire pit at our last house with crushed stone...did exactly as you described, and it ended up meh. Looked fine and functioned fine, but the issue was mostly something that should have been foreseeable...we often go outside in bare feet. NO crushed stone is friendly to bare feet.

We ended up removing the stone and using it for landscaping, and filling the pit with sand like a "beach". People were :mindblown: by it, and I'll admit that it was nice to dig your feet into the sand as the fire went on. Maintenance was easy too...just sift it with screens every so often to get the junk out.
Sand makes a TON of sense as part of it will be a children's play area (and the rest just a relaxing area. My concern is we have tons of feral cats and I don't want it to be one big litter box.
That's where your friends Smith and Wesson come in.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Sand makes a TON of sense as part of it will be a children's play area (and the rest just a relaxing area. My concern is we have tons of feral cats and I don't want it to be one big litter box.
Our indoor/outdoor cat would :poop: in our sand pit...always under the same chair for some reason, so I'd just scoop it out like I did the litterbox. Our cat also kept all other cats away, so we didn't have an issue with multiple cats. That would certainly be annoying.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.