Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:19 pm Pics of the new place. Owners were there this morning hanging curtains, and the patio in the back just got poured. Front yard will hey desert landscaping, shed in the backyard will go and be replaced by a nice new one at the end of the patio. Washer/dryer get delivered this week and go in that cut out to the side of the stove.

that looks great man
brain go brrrrrr
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 am Michelle drove her parents by the house yesterday, her dad got all excited about buying us a grill and told her he’d get us whatever we wanted :notbad: we’ll get something decent but not go over the top.

Sent pics to my parents and my dad offered to come down and help fix up the backyard with me one weekend. We’ll probably do that early September. Will give me some time to plan stuff out, start clearing weeds and shit, and Michelle and I are going to be in Iowa for almost a week near the end of August, and I don’t want whatever I lay down to go unwatered first that long while it’s trying to grow.
:notbad: at all.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:19 pm Pics of the new place. Owners were there this morning hanging curtains, and the patio in the back just got poured. Front yard will hey desert landscaping, shed in the backyard will go and be replaced by a nice new one at the end of the patio. Washer/dryer get delivered this week and go in that cut out to the side of the stove.
that looks great man
Thanks dude!

Pretty excited about it. When we showed up Saturday morning to measure rooms and take pictures we noticed it was way way cooler in the house than outside. Mentioned it to the owners and they told us that the people that bought the house before them treated the outside with a coat of this heat rejecting stuff when they repainted it. :fuckyeah: the house doesn’t have AC, but it legitimately felt 10-15° cooler inside than outside, which will make a huge difference. We’ll possibly still get a window AC unit for the bedroom just to make sleeping comfortable, but I suspect that we might not even need to do that.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Hell yeah man that place looks fantastic!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:42 am

that looks great man
Thanks dude!

Pretty excited about it. When we showed up Saturday morning to measure rooms and take pictures we noticed it was way way cooler in the house than outside. Mentioned it to the owners and they told us that the people that bought the house before them treated the outside with a coat of this heat rejecting stuff when they repainted it. :fuckyeah: the house doesn’t have AC, but it legitimately felt 10-15° cooler inside than outside, which will make a huge difference. We’ll possibly still get a window AC unit for the bedroom just to make sleeping comfortable, but I suspect that we might not even need to do that.
:science:
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Chatted with a mortgage officer today. Looks like my “back of the envelope” :math: wasn’t far off and I should be in a decent spot next year. Employee mortgage program is :nice: too, an eighth discount on the rate and they waive a grand in fees.

All the :fuckyeah: s.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

That backyard looks like the perfect place to put project cars that don't run and never will.
Grats!
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:41 pm All it takes is money. :waxer:

https://www.cityfeet.com/cont/listing/r ... cs19470735
That looks like you could open up a Ghostbusters location bruh.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:22 pm

That backyard looks like the perfect place to put project cars that don't run and never will.
Grats!
:lolol: true..
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:23 pm Chatted with a mortgage officer today. Looks like my “back of the envelope” :math: wasn’t far off and I should be in a decent spot next year. Employee mortgage program is :nice: too, an eighth discount on the rate and they waive a grand in fees.

:fuckyeah: :nice:
Pecs is gonna be a homo-ner next year. :hubba:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:nice:

Congrats dude!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:58 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:23 pm Chatted with a mortgage officer today. Looks like my “back of the envelope” :math: wasn’t far off and I should be in a decent spot next year. Employee mortgage program is :nice: too, an eighth discount on the rate and they waive a grand in fees.

:hubba:
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:36 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:58 pm

:hubba:
:sissyfight: :gaydance:
troyguitar

We keep thinking about buying a place. Maybe Corning is the best we can do and we might as well just give up and settle down. Rates are low, prices are down, taxes are "only" $10k a year. Can't afford not to buy.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-H ... m=referral
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm We keep thinking about buying a place. Maybe Corning is the best we can do and we might as well just give up and settle down. Rates are low, prices are down, taxes are "only" $10k a year. Can't afford not to buy.

That's a really cool home and nice lot! Not sure you'll ever like the weather and I'd be scared to recommend to you to pursue it knowing that you'd be unhappy with the regional climate. I do really like it though.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm We keep thinking about buying a place. Maybe Corning is the best we can do and we might as well just give up and settle down. Rates are low, prices are down, taxes are "only" $10k a year. Can't afford not to buy.

dude.... I never went into detail on here but I was FUCKING done with BR and my job in 2019. I had a 5 year plan to get the fuck out.

sure, we have accelerated it HUGELY, but keep the goal in sight and don't move the posts.

You can add. YOU KNOW flushing 10k in taxes and insurance a year is a bad call. YOU KNOW that even with 20% down if you sell in 5 years all your doing is maybe making 10k in equity after paying all the fucking fees. (and iirc that looks even more bleak in NY because of the taxes). Stay the course and eject when the time is right. renting gives you freedom to eject instantly without even worrying about a house.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

dude.... I never went into detail on here but I was FUCKING done with BR and my job in 2019. I had a 5 year plan to get the fuck out.

sure, we have accelerated it HUGELY, but keep the goal in sight and don't move the posts.

You can add. YOU KNOW flushing 10k in taxes and insurance a year is a bad call. YOU KNOW that even with 20% down if you sell in 5 years all your doing is maybe making 10k in equity after paying all the fucking fees. (and iirc that looks even more bleak in NY because of the taxes). Stay the course and eject when the time is right. renting gives you freedom to eject instantly without even worrying about a house.
Eh. I'm not convinced the time is ever going to be right at this point. In the greatest economic expansion of our lives we couldn't do any better than Corning. In a global recession? Yeah we are fucked.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:02 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Eh. I'm not convinced the time is ever going to be right at this point. In the greatest economic expansion of our lives we couldn't do any better than Corning. In a global recession? Yeah we are fucked.
With that attitude you certainly will be
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:02 am Eh. I'm not convinced the time is ever going to be right at this point. In the greatest economic expansion of our lives we couldn't do any better than Corning. In a global recession? Yeah we are fucked.
I'd rather expect the worst and occasionally be pleasantly surprised than to be :disappoint: every day.

Sitting here :waiting: for someone to throw us a lifeline is getting old. We've been at it since 2008. At some point you have to give up the dream of playing pro ball and teach gym.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
I'd rather expect the worst and occasionally be pleasantly surprised than to be :disappoint: every day.

Sitting here :waiting: for someone to throw us a lifeline is getting old. We've been at it since 2008. At some point you have to give up the dream of playing pro ball and teach gym.
:eeyore: the Troy

on some level you need to drive your own future it's no one's responsibility to throw you a bone.

you and the lady seem to hate NY. look for jobs in other places, doing different things if you have too. Get somewhere you like doing something that you can tolerate. Move on from there.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am I'd rather expect the worst and occasionally be pleasantly surprised than to be :disappoint: every day.

on some level you need to drive your own future it's no one's responsibility to throw you a bone.

you and the lady seem to hate NY. look for jobs in other places, doing different things if you have too. Get somewhere you like doing something that you can tolerate. Move on from there.
We apply to stuff all over the country on a regular basis. Definitely well over 1000 applications in by now. She got exactly three offers since 2008 and took all three, Corning in 2013 was the last offer.

She changed roles and industries three times and got 2 masters degrees during that time as well. Nobody gives a fuck.
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 am

I think I need a plan like this. Wife and I get sicker and sicker of this state the more time passes.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 am I think I need a plan like this. Wife and I get sicker and sicker of this state the more time passes.
Word, too bad my job keeps me here.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:53 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

We apply to stuff all over the country on a regular basis. Definitely well over 1000 applications in by now. She got exactly three offers since 2008 and took all three, Corning in 2013 was the last offer.

She changed roles and industries three times and got 2 masters degrees during that time as well. Nobody gives a fuck.
:rolleyes:

in what? underwater basket weaving? With that level of education she should have a ton of options. Or she could teach.

I mean, have you considered she is just not an exceptional worker and that's why the opportunities don't present? Is she unmotivated to make a change and is this you bitching?
brain go brrrrrr