Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:17 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:28 pm

Wow that brown looks classy, I really dig it!
Tx. dood. We were happy with how it turned out.
:dat:
Somehow makes your :haus: look more...stealthy. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Dat Cloaking Device
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It looks badass, the desert folks have their own kind of thing going on... never seen this look before.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Dat Cloaking Device
Always suspected you were a fucking Romulan.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:25 pm

It looks badass, the desert folks have their own kind of thing going on... never seen this look before.
I love the look. I would live in AZ, NV, UT 5/7 times.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:26 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:41 am Ahhh gotcha. In that case tough call. I feel like everything has to go down, but I have felt like that for 10 years... :derp: :wrong:
Pretty much the same here.

The reason I'm concerned is due to the house we are in now. We did almost zero research before jumping in and buying it, only to find out there are things about the neighborhood that would have driven us away from buying it. I don't want to make that same mistake again.
Ok, hear me out.

1. Go visit the promise lands of East TN.
2. Forget all this desert :haus: nonsense.
3. Buy something like this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2536 ... ?mmlb=g,39
4. Move in and live like a king.
5. Hire me as a pool boi/deck hand.
6. Profit?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

And on my meager deck hand salary,

Ill get this :haus:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4424 ... 0227_zpid/?

:jimp:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I like that vine thing desert. I need to do something like that on my back wall. The sun cooks the bricks in the afternoon and they stay heat soaked well into the night, makes sleeping unbearable sometimes. Leafy vines would be great to block the sunlight.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:haus: hunting has begun amongst coronadome.

Checked out our first one yesterday. It was in the neighborhood we wanted, price was right, and it was just listed. Despite being a 3 bedroom it seemed a bit cramped. And we found a water leak in the ceiling of the kitchen. Didn't get anymore info from seller but it was soft so that's a big ole :nope:

Have 2 appointments for tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:14 am I like that vine thing desert. I need to do something like that on my back wall. The sun cooks the bricks in the afternoon and they stay heat soaked well into the night, makes sleeping unbearable sometimes. Leafy vines would be great to block the sunlight.
That is a bougainvillea. Pretty sure that no workie in Philly but I'm sure there are vines that will.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:14 am I like that vine thing desert. I need to do something like that on my back wall. The sun cooks the bricks in the afternoon and they stay heat soaked well into the night, makes sleeping unbearable sometimes. Leafy vines would be great to block the sunlight.
That is a bougainvillea. Pretty sure that no workie in Philly but I'm sure there are vines that will.
Only thing to watch out for when letting a vine creep up brick is they'll tear up the mortar between the bricks. Highly recommend a trellis or something for the vine to creep up instead of the brick.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Only thing to watch out for when letting a vine creep up brick is they'll tear up the mortar between the bricks. Highly recommend a trellis or something for the vine to creep up instead of the brick.
Some vines are less destructive to to the underlying brick than others. I spent 2 months of my youth using propane torches to burn the attachment points of the latter kind off a 2 story brick house prior to repainting it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:10 pm
Some vines are less destructive to to the underlying brick than others. I spent 2 months of my youth using propane torches to burn the attachment points of the latter kind off a 2 story brick house prior to repainting it.
Yep, we had to do that at our first house in Detroit where IIRC ivy was really tearing up the mortar. Ever since, I have PTSD when I see vines climbing a brick house.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Good point. It'll also eventually crack stucco.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 pm
Good point. It'll also eventually crack stucco.
Yea, I'm sure it will. Fortunately, we don't have any creeping things on our stucco.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Found a place for :waxer: big enough to fit his toy collection.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5650 ... 9092_zpid/
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 pm Found a place for :waxer: big enough to fit his toy collection.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5650 ... 9092_zpid/
The showers don't have a view. 1/7 taking back my offer on it.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Picking up a couple of nest thermostats from a girl at work at a :waxer: discount. Fingers crossed they work with our ancient wiring...Nest's site says they will.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Went to go look at a house to rent tonight. Best prices I’ve seen in my area. In a quiet little hood called Cherokee Point. Huge (by SD standards) back yard, so that’d be nice for Ava. No garage, but they’re extending the driveway into the backyard and putting an 8’x12’ she’d still the end of it, so I’d still have storage for tools and be able to put the hardtop and doors of the Jeep in there if I want to take them off.

Submitted an application. See what happens.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:19 pm Went to go look at a house to rent tonight. Best prices I’ve seen in my area. In a quiet little hood called Cherokee Point. Huge (by SD standards) back yard, so that’d be nice for Ava. No garage, but they’re extending the driveway into the backyard and putting an 8’x12’ she’d still the end of it, so I’d still have storage for tools and be able to put the hardtop and doors of the Jeep in there if I want to take them off.

That sounds pretty :notbad:
Good luck!
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:19 pm Went to go look at a house to rent tonight. Best prices I’ve seen in my area. In a quiet little hood called Cherokee Point. Huge (by SD standards) back yard, so that’d be nice for Ava. No garage, but they’re extending the driveway into the backyard and putting an 8’x12’ she’d still the end of it, so I’d still have storage for tools and be able to put the hardtop and doors of the Jeep in there if I want to take them off.

Good luck!
Thanks! They started showing it yesterday, and have two people coming to look tomorrow. They already took down the CL ad because of how many responses they got. I’ll post pics if it works out.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:48 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 pm

Good luck!
Thanks! They started showing it yesterday, and have two people coming to look tomorrow. They already took down the CL ad because of how many responses they got. I’ll post pics if it works out.
:popcorn:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:nice:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

....I thought the dog crossed the rainbow bridge?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:34 am

....I thought the dog crossed the rainbow bridge?
There were two dogs. Now only one.