Tiny Houses

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Caspian
сибирский
Drives: Horse and wagon

Page three and no one has addressed the sewage system on those ugly shipping containers. You gonna build yourself a small out house like back in the old days and trek out there in the dark if you have to shit late at night/early am?
:themoreyouknow:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Caspian wrote:Page three and no one has addressed the sewage system on those ugly shipping containers. You gonna build yourself a small out house like back in the old days and trek out there in the dark if you have to shit late at night/early am?
Yup it's called Glamping
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Caspian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:38 am Utility trailer camper idea... :notbad:

Legitimate way to disappear and go off the grid for cheap.
I used to do the toy hauler thing for a few seasons at the dunes, 8-10 times each season. Burned a lot of fuel during those times, it was a fun lifestyle but my carbon footprint was larger than a sasquatchs'. Of course one could live modestly in a camper without the ATV's or dirt bikes, or other fuel powered toys, but with a camper you still need a water and sewage system, and to dump & clean tanks on a regular basis.

Going off grid is something that has appealed to me for a few years now specifically using solar and wind, and possibly water power as well. I would like to find a community of farmers, kind of a private community that all chip in and farm food and live sustainable. I look at all these people today in the car world and motorcycle world, power boats, airplanes, motorsports, etc, and I think, how stupid are these people, they are all seeing who can use up the planets resources the fastest. I love cars and bikes, boats, etc but to me they are now an obsolete "technology" that is being heavily controlled and forced upon mankind for the profit of the corporate industries. :neek:
BS, those weekend warriors and enthusiasts are an inconsequential drop in the bucket compared to all the trucks, trains, planes, and boats that are constantly bringing me my Amazon boxes on a daily basis.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Caspian
сибирский

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:39 pm

I used to do the toy hauler thing for a few seasons at the dunes, 8-10 times each season. Burned a lot of fuel during those times, it was a fun lifestyle but my carbon footprint was larger than a sasquatchs'. Of course one could live modestly in a camper without the ATV's or dirt bikes, or other fuel powered toys, but with a camper you still need a water and sewage system, and to dump & clean tanks on a regular basis.

Going off grid is something that has appealed to me for a few years now specifically using solar and wind, and possibly water power as well. I would like to find a community of farmers, kind of a private community that all chip in and farm food and live sustainable. I look at all these people today in the car world and motorcycle world, power boats, airplanes, motorsports, etc, and I think, how stupid are these people, they are all seeing who can use up the planets resources the fastest. I love cars and bikes, boats, etc but to me they are now an obsolete "technology" that is being heavily controlled and forced upon mankind for the profit of the corporate industries. :neek:
BS, those weekend warriors and enthusiasts are an inconsequential drop in the bucket compared to all the trucks, trains, planes, and boats that are constantly bringing me my Amazon boxes on a daily basis.
Good point, they are all part of it. True, it is nice to have consumerism at our fingertips (hehe tip), but humanity does need to slow down.

Caspian
сибирский

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm
Caspian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm Page three and no one has addressed the sewage system on those ugly shipping containers. You gonna build yourself a small out house like back in the old days and trek out there in the dark if you have to shit late at night/early am?
Ever heard of a cat hole? :hubba:
No, I don't do beastiality. Thanks for the offer though. :horse:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:35 am

:wtf: :caspian: :gtfo:
He's not lying :doe:

We all :baby: about bubbles and how the car industry is one that is primed to burst, and then :225: is all :wtf: :triggered: :doomed: when he looks at the beans, and everyone else makes fun of TRUK, etc. etc.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:35 am :wtf: :caspian: :gtfo:

We all :baby: about bubbles and how the car industry is one that is primed to burst, and then :225: is all :wtf: :triggered: :doomed: when he looks at the beans, and everyone else makes fun of TRUK, etc. etc.
:caspian: is an all right guy. At first I was a little :notsure: but he is just trying to share his many nights of research.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm
razr390 wrote:

:caspian: is an all right guy. At first I was a little :notsure: but he is just trying to share his many nights of research.
I agree there is some sort of mutual respect regardless of agreement or else he would've either :nuke: from here himself or been :ban: by :[user not found]:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Caspian
сибирский

Conspiracy theories :doe:

I think all structures should have solar panel roofs.
Caspian
сибирский

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm :caspian: is an all right guy. At first I was a little :notsure: but he is just trying to share his many nights of research.
I agree there is some sort of mutual respect regardless of agreement or else he would've either :nuke: from here himself or been :ban: by :[user not found]:
I'm still here because you're still here. :science:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Caspian wrote:Conspiracy theories :doe:

That's an accessory I'd be happy to bolt onto my shipping container house! :fuckyeah: :like:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm
razr390 wrote:

:notsure: :wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm :caspian: is an all right guy. At first I was a little :notsure: but he is just trying to share his many nights of research.
:iono: , his version of making people aware of controlling politicians and making the world a more fair place?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 am
Caspian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm Conspiracy theories :doe:

It seems wasteful that this isn't so.
Big time. But in some areas (like mine) it doesn't really pay off.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Do you have nay idea how much energy it takes to make a solar panel?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:18 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 am

Do you have nay idea how much energy it takes to make a solar panel?
I don't. Enlighten me. :derp:
A SHIT LOAD.

Tech has gotten alot better, but the payoff to where the module "repays" the energy used to mine, make, and install it is anywhere from one to 4 years. In a lifetime they can make anywhere between 15 and 60 times the energy they used to make em.

I'm not sure if these calculations account for losses for conversion to AC though the inverter. They almost certainly do not account for the energy used for making that component.

Solar works, but its still a niche thing.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am

A SHIT LOAD.

Tech has gotten alot better, but the payoff to where the module "repays" the energy used to mine, make, and install it is anywhere from one to 4 years. In a lifetime they can make anywhere between 15 and 60 times the energy they used to make em.

I'm not sure if these calculations account for losses for conversion to AC though the inverter. They almost certainly do not account for the energy used for making that component.

Solar works, but its still a niche thing.
I just think it's easier to track the amount of waste in the solar energy industry than any other industry simply because there's less moving parts and less room for fudgery (gov't grants notwithstanding). You have the solar panel production, and the solar panel installation. Instant delivery of energy to the consumer, and excess gets delivered back into the grid.

Because there are less stakeholders (and thus less profit), it's easier for the :troywax: and :waxer: of the world to go :nope:

Meanwhile, for the other energy industries: You have the people finding said energy source, machines and people mining or harvesting said energy source, machines and people building the facility to process the raw material, the machines and people needed to transport said energy source, and finally the machines and people building the facility to expend said energy source, all before it finally gets transmitted to the consumer. Lots of room for padding the profits.

raw materials still need to be mined for solar panels.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 pm
wap wrote:
:iono: , his version of making people aware of controlling politicians and making the world a more fair place?
Sorry. I don't buy what he's slinging. Even though there are a few truths sprinkled among his massive BS spewings, I'm convinced he's just a :trollface:
When I see his yuuge image-dump posts, all I see is :sass:
wap

:dat:
It should be mandated for every warehouse, factory, office building, storage facility, big-box store, government building, etc. There must be hundreds if not thousands of square miles of flat roof surface in this country that should have panels on them.
SixSpeeder

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 pm
wap wrote:
Futility
SixSpeeder

wap wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am

It should be mandated for every warehouse, factory, office building, storage facility, big-box store, government building, etc. There must be hundreds if not thousands of square miles of flat roof surface in this country that should have panels on them.
And they should be manufactured in coal powered facilities in China, keep the pollution over there while we get nice and green.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am

And they should be manufactured in coal powered facilities in China, keep the pollution over there while we get nice and green.

china going nuke :doe: Building ap1000's as fast as westinghouse can crank out vessels.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

http://newatlas.com/winnebago-revel-4x4 ... 5/#gallery

I'd live in this van, even if it's parked down by a river.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm http://newatlas.com/winnebago-revel-4x4 ... 5/#gallery

:impressive:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm http://newatlas.com/winnebago-revel-4x4 ... 5/#gallery

:notbad: