Tiny Houses

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:41 am
Johnny_P wrote:
Imageol: buy this trailer, it comes with a broken down iroc-z and 2 cinder blocks as "yard decoration."
I want an IROC-Z. Maybe I should buy a trailer.
My buddy's sister had an IROC-Z in 1990ish. White, 350 TPI automatic, T-tops, the thing was perfect because it was new. Both the sister and the car were smoking hot at the time. The sister is still hot.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:41 am I want an IROC-Z. Maybe I should buy a trailer.
My buddy's sister had an IROC-Z in 1990ish. White, 350 TPI automatic, T-tops, the thing was perfect because it was new. Both the sister and the car were smoking hot at the time. The sister is still hot.
I still think that they're the best looking Camaro, maybe the best looking GM car. C2 vettes and the 50s cars (really all old Cadillacs) are pretty baller too but entirely different.

On topic:Image
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:41 am I want an IROC-Z. Maybe I should buy a trailer.
Pics
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

This is the "bro, do you even lift?" tiny house

https://tinyhouseswoon.com/the-silhouette/

I seriously wonder where the extra weights, bar, and bench are stored. But very nice how the power rack is built into the wall unobtrusively.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Where can you legally park and live in a tiny house? A trailer park? Or do you buy a bunch of land to plop it on? At that point, why bother with wheels?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 am This is the "bro, do you even lift?" tiny house

I seriously wonder where the extra weights, bar, and bench are stored. But very nice how the power rack is built into the wall unobtrusively.
:fuckyeah: I'd be worried about picking up a 400+ lb deadlift doe and falling through the floor if it's not rated for 600+lbs/sqft
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 am Where can you legally park and live in a tiny house? A trailer park? Or do you buy a bunch of land to plop it on? At that point, why bother with wheels?
yea, all that.

Also, some people like to be mobile.

also also, the fact that its on wheels allows you to skirt some newer building codes that require min. sq. feet, depending on where you plan to live.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 am Where can you legally park and live in a tiny house? A trailer park? Or do you buy a bunch of land to plop it on? At that point, why bother with wheels?
yea, all that.

also also, the fact that its on wheels allows you to skirt some newer building codes that require min. sq. feet, depending on where you plan to live.
Interesting.

I don't get it personally, but it's pretty neat to see the creativity in packaging and whatnot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 pm

yea, all that.

Interesting.

I don't get it personally, but it's pretty neat to see the creativity in packaging and whatnot.
:dat: I like having "stuff", and while the idea of living in a tiny minimalistic spot like this sounds awesome, I don't think I could do it long term.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm
Interesting.

:dat: I like having "stuff", and while the idea of living in a tiny minimalistic spot like this sounds awesome, I don't think I could do it long term.
My thing is space. I'm a giant, and being jammed in a tiny space would not be enjoyable to me. I don't want a mansion at all, but I love the 10' ceilings in our house and the fact that everywhere I go in the house doesn't make me feel like a bull in a china shop.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I'm pretty sure i could do 300 square feet with lofts included.

The allure of a debt free life would lead me to make serious scafricices when it comes to my stuff.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 am This is the "bro, do you even lift?" tiny house

:fuckyeah: I'd be worried about picking up a 400+ lb deadlift doe and falling through the floor if it's not rated for 600+lbs/sqft
Don't drop your deadlifts. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:06 pm I'm pretty sure i could do 300 square feet with lofts included.

The allure of a debt free life would lead me to make serious scafricices when it comes to my stuff.
:dat:

I get it. Scenarios are churning right now.
For the long term doe? I feel like it would work for a while then get old. :iono:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm

For the long term doe? I feel like it would work for a while then get old. :iono:
I want to see some of these tiny house people 5-10 years in. I get the allure, it is fantastic, but how practical for the long term?

I guess people live in trailers forever, so it can be done.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm
I want to see some of these tiny house people 5-10 years in. I get the allure, it is fantastic, but how practical for the long term?

I guess people live in trailers forever, so it can be done.
exactly.
ChrisoftheNorth

And to me, you have to have a place to park it long term. So that means you're buying land, and anywhere desirable i.e. close to work is going to be :waxer:

Then you have to pay property taxes on that land, and I'm sure the city/county/state is going to try to assess the tiny house as part of that. So being truly "debt free" isn't really possible. Significantly reduced cost, sure.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

It's like living in a hotel room. I've been thinking about this too, not specifically tiny :haus: but an apartment - and I really don't know how I'd :dealwithit:

What does one do with the garage full of tools and parts for example, throw it all away? 4 seasons worth of clothing for 2 people takes up a lot of space, as does a relatively fully stocked kitchen+pantry if you want to cook anything. I'm thinking that having to pay people to fix shit because I've no workspace+tools and having/wanting to go out more often because of cabin fever would likely eliminate much of the potential savings from the minimalist lyfe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Right. So you give up bike (pretty much all hobbies), and family, and cooking. So you just sit in your 300 sq ft box staring at the wall eating rice for all eternity.

Sounds great.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:22 pm

you are missing out on half the work of the movement.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

I don't drop shit, mama didn't raise no bitch. I'm talking when I'm standing with 405 in hand.. all that weight, plus my body weight concentrated on a very small footprint...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:30 pm And to me, you have to have a place to park it long term. So that means you're buying land, and anywhere desirable i.e. close to work is going to be :waxer:

Then you have to pay property taxes on that land, and I'm sure the city/county/state is going to try to assess the tiny house as part of that. So being truly "debt free" isn't really possible. Significantly reduced cost, sure.
yea so that's the thing.... if you had a paid for house and cheap land in the sticks.... would you even need a job like you have now? Would a couple shifts at the local ace hardware cover you monthles with no mortgage?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:30 pm

It's like living in a hotel room. I've been thinking about this too, not specifically tiny :haus: but an apartment - and I really don't know how I'd :dealwithit:

What does one do with the garage full of tools and parts for example, throw it all away? 4 seasons worth of clothing for 2 people takes up a lot of space, as does a relatively fully stocked kitchen+pantry if you want to cook anything. I'm thinking that having to pay people to fix shit because I've no workspace+tools and having/wanting to go out more often because of cabin fever would likely eliminate much of the potential savings from the minimalist lyfe.
For many years I had 3 tool boxes and a jack I worked out of, they took up maybe 4 cubic feet.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 pm

I don't drop shit, mama didn't raise no bitch. I'm talking when I'm standing with 405 in hand.. all that weight, plus my body weight concentrated on a very small footprint...
Good :sawce: just making sure we're on the same page with that.
DIY on the tiny :haus: build so you know the structure is sufficient where the platform is seems like the best option.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:30 pm And to me, you have to have a place to park it long term. So that means you're buying land, and anywhere desirable i.e. close to work is going to be :waxer:

yea so that's the thing.... if you had a paid for house and cheap land in the sticks.... would you even need a job like you have now? Would a couple shifts at the local ace hardware cover you monthles with no mortgage?
Good point.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm Right. So you give up bike (pretty much all hobbies), and family, and cooking. So you just sit in your 300 sq ft box staring at the wall eating rice for all eternity.

Sounds great.
eh, plenty of people do it :iono: I've seen families, lots of pets, everything really. Even in our 2k ft house there is so much damn wasted space we simply don't use its almost sickening.

Hell there are tons of people that do the MTB bike thing and live out of fucking sprinter vans.
brain go brrrrrr