Dryer VENT Powell

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How often?

3+ times a year
15%
2 times a year
No votes
Once per year
15%
Once in a while
15%
Never, you're supposed to clean it?
46%
I don't have a dryer
8%

Total votes: 13
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm Get a 4-1/4" hole saw
Make howl
profit
:notbad:

Make a howl with the quickness using that.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:07 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm

:notbad:

Make a howl with the quickness using that.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:40 pm Late to the party here. I do not have a dryer :hai:

Its on the list of shit to do in the house. Need to blow through a wall to vent it outside.
Johnnyp:

:disappoint: :rolleyes: :troywax:
The house list is long and distinguished :dedong:

-Install vent for a new gas dryer. Buy dryer, have it shipped, disassemble it in the house. Wedge it down the narrow basement stairs. Reassemble, hook up.

-Finish the kitchen that she paid someone to do and they never finished. Paint everything, re-do some cabinet side boards that are wrong. Re-do wiring on the under cabinet lighting. Fix some bullshit trim pieces. Get a countertop bro to come out and re-cut the sink hole to a normal sized sink and replace the stupid bar sink we have (her dad did the designs all by himself at ikea..... ). Install a working garbage disposal with a shutoff switch.

-Re-do downstairs closet with shelving so it's actually usable. Will de-clutter the living room immensely.

-Rip out the useless half-ass built-ins in the master bedroom and build out a new closet. Transfer all of GF's clothes into it and out of guest room. Oh and while we're there, rip out the kid's size ceiling fan, rip out the disgusting tile ceiling that's ugly as sin. Rip out the painted over wood paneling, and insulate, new walls, drywall, bring electric up to code, remove the knob and tube wiring, etc.

-Rip out shelving unit in guest room, convert to a home office so GF's shit stops ending up all over the damn house.

-Fix leaky shower faucet.

-Fix broken medicine cabinet door

-Re-point the back of the house.

-Replace downstairs wall unit AC

Bold ones I'm willing to tackle. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Johnny_P

Make howl
profit
So my problem is.... the house is shaped like a rectangle with a cutout going halfway down the side. It's typical of a rowhome. Ideally, I'd vent the dryer there for two reasons. 1) I have enough room between the floor joists to drill. 2) I won't be blowing CO into an area that I frequent and at most might kill my neighbor's cat that sleeps on the roof of the bump out closet.

I have never drilled through brick. I kind of don't know the do's and don'ts of it. Like where is it OK to drill, where do you have to leave a brick intact, etc. I also have to rent a drill I think because I don't think my little cordless will have enough ass to go through it.

It's really just locating it that I'm a bit nervous about. The wall already is bowing out and should be looked at for structural integrity. And I'd be drilling at the base of it. Between floor joists.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:14 pm
Make howl
profit
So my problem is.... the house is shaped like a rectangle with a cutout going halfway down the side. It's typical of a rowhome. Ideally, I'd vent the dryer there for two reasons. 1) I have enough room between the floor joists to drill. 2) I won't be blowing CO into an area that I frequent and at most might kill my neighbor's cat that sleeps on the roof of the bump out closet.

I have never drilled through brick. I kind of don't know the do's and don'ts of it. Like where is it OK to drill, where do you have to leave a brick intact, etc. I also have to rent a drill I think because I don't think my little cordless will have enough ass to go through it.

It's really just locating it that I'm a bit nervous about. The wall already is bowing out and should be looked at for structural integrity. And I'd be drilling at the base of it. Between floor joists.
CO only gets made in dangerous quanties if the air is oxygen depleated.
Fuck the neighbors cat as well
you cant really drill a hole the big through brick, you need to hammer drill (with chisel attachment) out a few bricks then come in after you install a vent and patch mortar
i'd not worry about wall, just dont hit studs.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:14 pm

CO only gets made in dangerous quanties if the air is oxygen depleated.
Fuck the neighbors cat as well
you cant really drill a hole the big through brick, you need to hammer drill (with chisel attachment) out a few bricks then come in after you install a vent and patch mortar
i'd not worry about wall, just dont hit studs.
Yeah I saw the hammer drill method. Would need to rent equipment.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yeah, if you have questions let me know. I didn't have to bust out brick, but I know how. And I had to grout around and put in my dryer vent.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:40 pm Late to the party here. I do not have a dryer :hai:

Its on the list of shit to do in the house. Need to blow through a wall to vent it outside.
What do you do, just fart on your clothes til they're dry?
:therapist:
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:15 am

What do you do, just fart on your clothes til they're dry?
Hang dry in basement. Dehumidifier. Clothes are usually dry in a day.