Irish's it ain't no thatched cottage...

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
User avatar
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18581
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm
Drives: Willys Wheeler

That reddish stain makes for a handsome table.

I’d eat the fuck out of those bagels too.
:sawce:

www.animalpak.com
Use ALIUS10 discount code when you check out :like:
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 pm That reddish stain makes for a handsome table.

I’d eat the fuck out of those bagels too.
Thanks mang! Congrats on the upcoming nupitals!
User avatar
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18581
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Irish wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 pm That reddish stain makes for a handsome table.

I’d eat the fuck out of those bagels too.
Thanks mang! Congrats on the upcoming nupitals!
Thanks! Nothing set in stone yet, but it’s highly likely.
:sawce:

www.animalpak.com
Use ALIUS10 discount code when you check out :like:
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

I mistakenly initially posted this on Huckleberry's cool Electrical Panel of Presidential Shame thread. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=860

I subsequently realized I was kinda hijacking (sorry HB) so I decided to move it here.

Back in 2012, I went into a shortlived business with a dude I worked with at Dr Pepper/Snapple.

He had a presidential pin collection that he asked me to sell for him on E-Bay. He generously offered to split all proceeds with me. We ended up slitting about $2000 all tolled. I cant find all the pics of the impressive pins and other election memorabilia we sold but here is a smattering.....






User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Found some more.....











User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

Tentative delivery date of 6/2. According to :dillerman: they are flying out the door and this next shipment of 2 of these units is the last they will get until fall. Could be sales :bs: but I don't doubt it in this cray cray post Covid werld....
User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29954
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 pm
Drives: Abominable
Location: NJ

Irish wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

Tentative delivery date of 6/2. According to :dillerman: they are flying out the door and this next shipment of 2 of these units is the last they will get until fall. Could be sales :bs: but I don't doubt it in this cray cray post Covid werld....
:fuckyeah:
In4review!
User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41118
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

Apex wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:27 pm
Irish wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

Tentative delivery date of 6/2. According to :dillerman: they are flying out the door and this next shipment of 2 of these units is the last they will get until fall. Could be sales :bs: but I don't doubt it in this cray cray post Covid werld....
:fuckyeah:
In4review!
:dat:
Sounds :neat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

The average reading in PA basements is 7.1pCi/L .....
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

My tractor is in.... unfortunately I had a choice of tomorrow or Tuesday for delivery and I am busy tomorrow..... :sad:
User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29954
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 pm
Drives: Abominable
Location: NJ

Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 pm My tractor is in.... unfortunately I had a choice of tomorrow or Tuesday for delivery and I am busy tomorrow..... :sad:
:balls:
User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41118
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

:excited:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Image

Image

Image

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29954
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 pm
Drives: Abominable
Location: NJ

:fuckyeah:
User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 27044
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 pm
Drives: 🌮
Location: Dirty JerZ

Irish wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Image

Image

Image

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
Didn't spring for the :waxer: covered transport, eh?

:lol:
Garage: 2013 Terrorist 🌮 | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Got a parts itch that needs scratchin'? Hit me up: Momentum Worx
User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41118
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

:megusta:
Good luck with it!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Zillon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Irish wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Image

Image

Image

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
Didn't spring for the :waxer: covered transport, eh?

:lol:
No I opted for the Failing E Brake Express (note the chocked wheel that I pulled out for him as he left) .....
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Apex wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:38 pm:fuckyeah:
wap wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:33 pm :megusta:
Good luck with it!
Thanks guise
User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41613
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: CT

Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 pm Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

The average reading in PA basements is 7.1pCi/L .....
Oh man, I really hope it's not bad. If it is, hopefully remediation is NBD.

Our second house was owned by a guy that died from lung cancer at 40. Never smoked a day in his life, but doctors contributed his cancer to second hand smoke. His family then because activists to lobby the .gov to ban smoking indoors.

But looking back on it, I never did a radon test in that house. We lived there for 2 years, and it never occurred to us. At the next house a mile or so away, the local .gov sent us radon tests and informed us that the entire region can have radon issues, and to test every year. Our house had minimal traces, but it makes me wonder about the house prior.

I HATE invisible killers like that. Especially with someone spending a lot of time in the basement, probably not something to mess around with.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41613
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: CT

Irish wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Image

Image

Image

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
User avatar
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:31 am
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41613
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: CT

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
I like the versatility. Watched a farmer use a machine just like this with a small trailer to haul around mulch this weekend. He had a massive tractor, but this was way more maneuverable for the job.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:51 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
I like the versatility. Watched a farmer use a machine just like this with a small trailer to haul around mulch this weekend. He had a massive tractor, but this was way more maneuverable for the job.
Yeah, it mows like a dream compared to everything else I've ever owned. It seems to takes my 20 degree hill with ease and its three blades cut evenly even at top speed. The V Twin motor is super smooth. I guess there are like 23 attachments/pull behinds for it...... I'm gonna keep my eye out for a used trailer.
User avatar
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am
Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 pm Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

The average reading in PA basements is 7.1pCi/L .....
Oh man, I really hope it's not bad. If it is, hopefully remediation is NBD.

Our second house was owned by a guy that died from lung cancer at 40. Never smoked a day in his life, but doctors contributed his cancer to second hand smoke. His family then because activists to lobby the .gov to ban smoking indoors.

But looking back on it, I never did a radon test in that house. We lived there for 2 years, and it never occurred to us. At the next house a mile or so away, the local .gov sent us radon tests and informed us that the entire region can have radon issues, and to test every year. Our house had minimal traces, but it makes me wonder about the house prior.

I HATE invisible killers like that. Especially with someone spending a lot of time in the basement, probably not something to mess around with.
Thanks man...yeah I'm pretty sure that fucking radon was at least a partial culprit in killing both my parents young (Dad 68 - Mom 60).

I just set up 3 confirmatory tests and a longer term one yesterday.
User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 41613
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: CT

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am
Oh man, I really hope it's not bad. If it is, hopefully remediation is NBD.

Our second house was owned by a guy that died from lung cancer at 40. Never smoked a day in his life, but doctors contributed his cancer to second hand smoke. His family then because activists to lobby the .gov to ban smoking indoors.

But looking back on it, I never did a radon test in that house. We lived there for 2 years, and it never occurred to us. At the next house a mile or so away, the local .gov sent us radon tests and informed us that the entire region can have radon issues, and to test every year. Our house had minimal traces, but it makes me wonder about the house prior.

I HATE invisible killers like that. Especially with someone spending a lot of time in the basement, probably not something to mess around with.
Thanks man...yeah I'm pretty sure that fucking radon was at least a partial culprit in killing both my parents young (Dad 68 - Mom 60).

I just set up 3 confirmatory tests and a longer term one yesterday.
Hopefully they come back low. Radon is really no bueno and seriously overlooked I think because it doesn't occur everywhere.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Post Reply