The Haus of Zildor

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Zillon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:22 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:26 am :nice: yard. It's gonna look :tits: when you're done with it.

What else needs to be done to the porch?
Aluminum trim finish work, soffit under the overhang, new gutter and downspouts, lattice underneath with framing between the piers, the ribbon around the perimeter, paint the pillars, and railings.
That's still a fairly extensive list. Bringing in a pro is probably not a bad idea.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Detroit
Drives: CT

wap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:57 pm
Zillon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Aluminum trim finish work, soffit under the overhang, new gutter and downspouts, lattice underneath with framing between the piers, the ribbon around the perimeter, paint the pillars, and railings.
That's still a fairly extensive list. Bringing in a pro is probably not a bad idea.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Zillon
Drives: 🌮

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am
wap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Pro got back to me "too booked up"

Yeah, more like you just don't want the job. Be honest.

This is likely going to be tough. Permit is already pulled, literally just need someone to show up and fucking do work.
Garage: 2013 Terrorist 🌮 | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Got a parts itch that needs scratchin'? Hit me up: Momentum Worx
Detroit

Zillon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am

This is likely going to be tough. Permit is already pulled, literally just need someone to show up and fucking do work.
Labor is in short supply for this stuff right now. Our building contractor is hiring Mexican labor right now, not because they're cheaper but because he can't find anyone locally willing to work that much. He said people give him crap for it, but it's literally that or no work gets done. Wild times.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Zillon
Drives: 🌮

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm
Zillon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Labor is in short supply for this stuff right now. Our building contractor is hiring Mexican labor right now, not because they're cheaper but because he can't find anyone locally willing to work that much. He said people give him crap for it, but it's literally that or no work gets done. Wild times.
Nah, I talked to the guy last week - I was referred to him by my neighbor, and he's done work on two of my neighbors' houses. Wasn't some random hero.

He didn't sound booked up when I spoke to him last week; said to send him an email with an outline of what needs to be done, and said he was going to stop by to take a look. Then went full radio silence after I sent the email.

He doesn't want the job.
Garage: 2013 Terrorist 🌮 | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Got a parts itch that needs scratchin'? Hit me up: Momentum Worx
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Zillon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm
Nah, I talked to the guy last week - I was referred to him by my neighbor, and he's done work on two of my neighbors' houses. Wasn't some random hero.

He didn't sound booked up when I spoke to him last week; said to send him an email with an outline of what needs to be done, and said he was going to stop by to take a look. Then went full radio silence after I sent the email.

He doesn't want the job.
He can afford to pick and choose what jobs he takes on these days.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Detroit

wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:26 pm
Zillon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:14 pm

He doesn't want the job.
He can afford to pick and choose what jobs he takes on these days.
:dat: :|