The Haus of Zildor

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25322
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Image

Inching closer to completion.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 38425
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm

That looks fantastic.
What are you going to do with that gap to the left of the steps?
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25322
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:13 am

wap wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm
That looks fantastic.
What are you going to do with that gap to the left of the steps?
Likely a piece of white trim to match the white trim from the lattice surround going between the brick pillars up front. It’s not big enough to do a piece of lattice with trim.

In hindsight, I should’ve dug the hole for the stairs another 10” larger so that they could’ve covered that gap.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 36873
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Gladiatrice

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:50 pm

Looking fantastic ZIl. Huge improvement, you should be proud.

Got any extra siding from the house? That could fill the gap between the stairs and column perfectly.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 38425
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Zillon wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:13 am
wap wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm
That looks fantastic.
What are you going to do with that gap to the left of the steps?
Likely a piece of white trim to match the white trim from the lattice surround going between the brick pillars up front. It’s not big enough to do a piece of lattice with trim.

In hindsight, I should’ve dug the hole for the stairs another 10” larger so that they could’ve covered that gap.
:ohwell:
A piece of white trim will look :fine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25322
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Detroit wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:50 pm
Looking fantastic ZIl. Huge improvement, you should be proud.

Got any extra siding from the house? That could fill the gap between the stairs and column perfectly.
We’ll likely have a piece of vinyl trim left over from the ribbon on the porch. NBD.

But very happy with how it’s turning out. Have had several neighbors offer their compliments thus far.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Zillon wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:44 pm
Image

Inching closer to completion.
Kick Ass!
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia

User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25322
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Had a couple shrubs left over from a customer job, had to pick up a couple more to complete my vision.

Image

Image

Getting antsy. Want to get irrigation set for the downspouts, but can’t do that until the gutters are done, and can’t get the gutters done until the aluminum trim work is finished by my FIL.

Really hate not being able to get stuff done right now.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 38425
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Blue Meanie
Location: Pepperland

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Looking good, :doe: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 28908
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 pm

:haus: is looking noice Zill!

User avatar
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10258
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm
Drives: Microbus
Location: Canada

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:38 am

Nice symmetry! :like:

User avatar
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17480
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Looks fantastic. Come do mine next.
:sawce:

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 36873
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Gladiatrice

Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 am

Excellent work!

You'll like those shrubs. we've planted similar ones at each house so far, and they're surprisingly resilient and hearty. Always look great with shades of gold and green.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Zillon wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 pm
Had a couple shrubs left over from a customer job, had to pick up a couple more to complete my vision.

Image

Image

Getting antsy. Want to get irrigation set for the downspouts, but can’t do that until the gutters are done, and can’t get the gutters done until the aluminum trim work is finished by my FIL.

Really hate not being able to get stuff done right now.
This looks absolutely kick ass.
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3734
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:23 pm

I drove by on the way home from Mercer this afternoon. Looks awesome.

User avatar
Zillon
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25322
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:23 pm
I drove by on the way home from Mercer this afternoon. Looks awesome.
Danke.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest