Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

PSA: never buy a DCS stove. Id generally recommend against all the fancy 'pro grade' units, but DCS specifically. This thing is a POS. The jets clog. Its extraordinarily difficult to clean. And now, as part of the bi-annual jet cleaning disassembly, the main power burner is broken because jet assembly tore loose from the underside of the burner tray. Its built backwards. Totally idiotic design. Next time I'm getting a basic GE for a quarter of the price and being done with it.
Now I have to go down the parts catalog rabbit hole to see what this is going to cost, provided i can actually take it aparat.

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Welp, looks like I have to either cut off the broken jet holder & venturi and remove the cooktop OR try to take off that mess in the front to access from there....which I already decided looked too difficult for today at least.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Not to rub salt in the wound, but we bought the fanciest GE range they make...CAFE series blah blah. 30" 6 burners with griddle, multiple burner sizes with a power 20k BTU one, double oven...it's been flawless. We use the WiFi all the time, it's relatively easy to clean, and maintenance is minimal. I was just remarking to Michele the other day how pleased I was with the thing since it always just works. We had an issue with a knob getting a rust stain, and they replaced all the knobs for free. I don't know what a fancy "pro" unit would do better than this, and it was half the price.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dang. I haven't had any jet problem in the almost 14 years we've owned our DCS. Sorry to hear that.

I also find it really easy to clean. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I don't know if this is still the case, but when we were shopping for :fancy: ranges, the GE Monogram line was built by DCS.
Last edited by wap on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

My mid-range Whirlpool gas stove makes dope ass food and hasn’t broken yet.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Poverty Frigidaire checking in. Shit works. Electrical buttons designed by a tard, but makes food. Better than our old one which was starting to do the gas explosion thing every time the oven burner tried to ignite :thisisfine:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

All y'all cooking on these :waxer: ranges and gas I'll out pancake you on my 30 year old electric stove ERRDAY
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 am All y'all cooking on these :waxer: ranges and gas I'll out pancake you on my 30 year old electric stove ERRDAY
Electric? :gag:

Pancakes are best cooked by dead dinosaurs, not the wind
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 am All y'all cooking on these :waxer: ranges and gas I'll out pancake you on my 30 year old electric stove ERRDAY
Electric? :gag:

Pancakes are best cooked by dead dinosaurs, not the wind
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I will never again buy anything made by fysker & Payel. The website is shit, the build quality is shit, this thing has been one of the most troublematic appliances ive ever owned. And for way it cost? eff that.

Now 200 bucks of parts deep.

The thing is built inside out, and poorly.

Root cause: Simmer jet clogs causing igniter to click inssessedly. Maybe this is bad gas supply, but its probably just cheap fucking material.

To clean it you have to take things apart. Well its built wacky. The venturi tube holds the igniter ring to the cooktop tray. The venturi tube screws into the main jet holder. the main jet holder is pot metal and only keyed into like 18ga sheet metal. If the venturi tube gets stuck...because, like dissimilar metals, heat, etc.... the jet holder breaks. Usually takes the gas tube out with it.

So, now, to get the top off you have to DRILL OUT the fucking venturi tube because its the only way to access it. At least its brass.

One burner broke like this, then in the process of trying to fix it TWO MORE broke. Started the day with 5 working burners, ended with 4 and 120 dollars lighter pocketbook....after already spending 80.

And yes, i did soap suds test my new gas connections before anyone asks. I don't want to blow up. I also anitseized the shit out of those tubes upon reassembly, and they are only goin on hand tight. Whomever put this together the first time didn't just go hand tight, I assure you.

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

so, I'll use this to update the moving / housing situation in the future, as I have to start a new job out of state in three weeks holy fucking shit!

Broke the news to parents and close friends of the weekend. Reactions were mixed. My parents were NOT happy. :iono:

So, high level we are not against trying to sell pot filler palace but we are pretty sure the numbers won't make sense, and we stand to make money if we can rent and not get complete shithead renters.

So..the path forward.... we are going to try to find a rental for the first year at least in Knoxville. Reasons are several, but high points:

• Aforementioned lack of access to any equity in pot filler palace
• We want to get to know the new area
• With the coming economic BS house prices in general are almost sure to depress some
• Asses stability of new position / city
• We'd like to build, on land, outside the city so this gives us time to look / learn / plan / reassess

So, we've shortlisted 2 houses to rent, will talk to agency about them tomorrow, they are fortunately with the same one. Parents offered to come this next weekend and watch the offspring and dags for us so we can go up and view / sign / maybe even bring a car load of shit.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:Image

so, I'll use this to update the moving / housing situation in the future, as I have to start a new job out of state in three weeks holy fucking shit!

Broke the news to parents and close friends of the weekend. Reactions were mixed. My parents were NOT happy. :iono:

So, high level we are not against trying to sell pot filler palace but we are pretty sure the numbers won't make sense, and we stand to make money if we can rent and not get complete shithead renters.

So..the path forward.... we are going to try to find a rental for the first year at least in Knoxville. Reasons are several, but high points:

• With the coming economic BS house prices in general are almost sure to depress some
• We'd like to build, on land, outside the city so this gives us time to look / learn / plan / reassess

So, we've shortlisted 2 houses to rent, will talk to agency about them tomorrow, they are fortunately with the same one. Parents offered to come this next weekend and watch the offspring and dags for us so we can go up and view / sign / maybe even bring a car load of shit.
Another brother moves on to the promised land. Landing the dream gig while everyone else is fucked is some serious :alpo: :carlton: :fuckyeah:

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Also, these guys are outside Nashville but they did the right thing. :doit:

https://carpartment.wordpress.com/
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:Image

Another brother moves on to the promised land. Landing the dream gig while everyone else is fucked is some serious :alpo: :carlton: :fuckyeah:

thanks, you are :notwrong: the :alpo: is real

I for real laughed out loud
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:47 am I will never again buy anything made by fysker & Payel. The website is shit, the build quality is shit, this thing has been one of the most troublematic appliances ive ever owned. And for way it cost? eff that.

Now 200 bucks of parts deep.

The thing is built inside out, and poorly.

Root cause: Simmer jet clogs causing igniter to click inssessedly. Maybe this is bad gas supply, but its probably just cheap fucking material.

To clean it you have to take things apart. Well its built wacky. The venturi tube holds the igniter ring to the cooktop tray. The venturi tube screws into the main jet holder. the main jet holder is pot metal and only keyed into like 18ga sheet metal. If the venturi tube gets stuck...because, like dissimilar metals, heat, etc.... the jet holder breaks. Usually takes the gas tube out with it.

So, now, to get the top off you have to DRILL OUT the fucking venturi tube because its the only way to access it. At least its brass.

One burner broke like this, then in the process of trying to fix it TWO MORE broke. Started the day with 5 working burners, ended with 4 and 120 dollars lighter pocketbook....after already spending 80.

And yes, i did soap suds test my new gas connections before anyone asks. I don't want to blow up. I also anitseized the shit out of those tubes upon reassembly, and they are only goin on hand tight. Whomever put this together the first time didn't just go hand tight, I assure you.

Sorry dude. That is frustrating as hell. Cheap, poorly engineereed shit enrages me. Particularly expensive poorly engineered shit.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:34 am Image

All great reasons.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:27 am
troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 am Another brother moves on to the promised land. Landing the dream gig while everyone else is fucked is some serious :alpo: :carlton: :fuckyeah:

thanks, you are :notwrong: the :alpo: is real

I for real laughed out loud
You probably wouldn't want your parents to be TOO excited that you are moving away from them. Natural reaction. The only thing that really matters is that your wife backs this play. Incredibly happy for you. You're a stud.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Hopefully having your dude in LA doing property management will help avoid the shithead renters, or at least minimize your headaches associated with them. I will never rent out a property again without using a PM company. I’d still love to layout any of my old tenants on sight if I ever saw them again.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Oh and your neighbor town to the south is pronounced Mare-Uh-ville. They get :triggered:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

So, uh, we are going to look into selling first. Starting with a pre-purchase appraisal to see where we are at.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Hopefully we have a place secured... anxiously waiting for them to get back with us.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:13 am Hopefully we have a place secured... anxiously waiting for them to get back with us.
Rental prices pretty reasonable out there?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:13 am Hopefully we have a place secured... anxiously waiting for them to get back with us.
Rental prices pretty reasonable out there?
yea nothing too obscene.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Rental secured. Trailer loaded full of bikes and bullshit, dads truck full of totes and shit. We ride tomorrow morn.
brain go brrrrrr