Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Two showings today, (edit: 4) scheduled for tomorrow, and (two more) scheduled for Saturday morning so far. :notbad:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 pm Two showings today, (edit: 4) scheduled for tomorrow, and (two more) scheduled for Saturday morning so far. :notbad:
:notbad:
Hope you get a bite!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm :notbad:
Hope you get a bite!
Here's hopin! One showing down, now 5 more to go. Fingers crossed for an offer or two!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Offer received! 98% of asking price. We had another showing this morning and have another early this afternoon, but unless either one of those two buyers decides to offer we’re going to just accept. It’s still over what we wanted to get for the place and accepting the initial offer will give us some extra leverage if anything comes up during the inspection.

:fuckyeah:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 am Offer received! 98% of asking price. We had another showing this morning and have another early this afternoon, but unless either one of those two buyers decides to offer we’re going to just accept. It’s still over what we wanted to get for the place and accepting the initial offer will give us some extra leverage if anything comes up during the inspection.

wap

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 am
coogles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 am Offer received! 98% of asking price. We had another showing this morning and have another early this afternoon, but unless either one of those two buyers decides to offer we’re going to just accept. It’s still over what we wanted to get for the place and accepting the initial offer will give us some extra leverage if anything comes up during the inspection.

:dat: :fuckyeah:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks fellas.

We got a last minute request for a showing at 3:15, deadline to respond to the offer is 5pm. Our realtor told their agent we have an offer on the table and will be responding by 5pm, and they still want to come see the :haus: . :notbad: :popcorn:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 am Meanwhile, the :haus: that we originally tried to buy for $290k in February but the sellers wouldn't take it is STILL for sale. They have moved out, repainted the interior, taken new photos, added a $4700 allowance for kitchen updates, and lowered the asking price to $270k so far... :thisisfine:

What do you think of this 4 bds • 3 ba • 2,326 sqft home I found on Zillow? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3592 ... 9682_zpid/
thats some real :fuckyeah: justification. Glad you listened to yourself on this play. :like:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

love when they have to photoshop some fake shit in the pics. :lolol:

wap

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:06 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanks fellas.

We got a last minute request for a showing at 3:15, deadline to respond to the offer is 5pm. Our realtor told their agent we have an offer on the table and will be responding by 5pm, and they still want to come see the :haus: . :notbad: :popcorn:
Oh wow. :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks fellas.

Oh wow. :popcorn:
:dat: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm Oh wow. :popcorn:
Nothing came of it, sadly. We actually also had a showing at 9:15 yesterday and were told they were really interested, but just weren't in a position with their financing to make an offer that day.

The 3:15 group got to the house early at 3pm as I was walking out to leave, and when I got back at 4:25 or so they were just leaving, so they were in the house for a long time. Our realtor never got a response from their agent, though, and we submitted a response to the current buyer right before 5pm. Oh well.

From what we gathered from the feedback, the original windows bothered people more than we thought they would. Like yes, only 1/3rd of them open (painted shut), and of those in only a few do the pullies/weights still work, but I still find them to be really nice. They have full storm windows making for two panes of glass, so they're not drafty in the least. They're not rotting, we recently had all of them sealed and painted on the exterior, the sills and sashes are in great shape, and the lattice work is beautiful. Had we stayed for a long time we would have gone through the process of rehabbing them, at least cleaning up the layers of paint inside, putting new locks on them and redoing the cables and weights, but we never would have gone with replacements. Ever. Definitely cost us an offer or two, but fuck'em.

Here's hoping the buyers won't put in cheap shit vinyl replacements that will leak and fail before the originals do.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am
wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm Oh wow. :popcorn:
Nothing came of it, sadly. We actually also had a showing at 9:15 yesterday and were told they were really interested, but just weren't in a position with their financing to make an offer that day.

The 3:15 group got to the house early at 3pm as I was walking out to leave, and when I got back at 4:25 or so they were just leaving, so they were in the house for a long time. Our realtor never got a response from their agent, though, and we submitted a response to the current buyer right before 5pm. Oh well.

From what we gathered from the feedback, the original windows bothered people more than we thought they would. Like yes, only 1/3rd of them open (painted shut), and of those in only a few do the pullies/weights still work, but I still find them to be really nice. They have full storm windows making for two panes of glass, so they're not drafty in the least. They're not rotting, we recently had all of them sealed and painted on the exterior, the sills and sashes are in great shape, and the lattice work is beautiful. Had we stayed for a long time we would have gone through the process of rehabbing them, at least cleaning up the layers of paint inside, putting new locks on them and redoing the cables and weights, but we never would have gone with replacements. Ever. Definitely cost us an offer or two, but fuck'em.

Here's hoping the buyers won't put in cheap shit vinyl replacements that will leak and fail before the originals do.
Interesting.

Here, people actually like original windows in old houses. The buyers of our last house loved the original leaded glass windows on the first floor. Our current house has all original windows, and they look/work fine for the most part.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 am Interesting.

Here, people actually like original windows in old houses. The buyers of our last house loved the original leaded glass windows on the first floor. Our current house has all original windows, and they look/work fine for the most part.
People who like old houses being okay with old things makes more sense than the feedback we received.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

sendit
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 am
coogles wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am

Interesting.

Most of our windows are original, too, and they work fine for the most part. I love the old, thick leaded glass. Over the years I've replaced broken sash ropes so most of them work as well as new, I even got a couple of the upper sashes working, too. I've got one window left to fix, probably get to it next summer.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm
Who's filling the soap and cleaning the kitchen?
That house is far too old to purchase. Too many things about it are cobbled together and will need repairs like mad.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I was trying to talk my wife into this one, but she flat out refused due to the climate in the area. :(

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/917- ... 0956_zpid/?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm I was trying to talk my wife into this one, but she flat out refused due to the climate in the area. :(

:boner:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm I was trying to talk my wife into this one, but she flat out refused due to the climate in the area. :(

Due to the climate? In North Carolina? :wat:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

NC woods is hot and humid as fuck for 6 months and it gets snow. That's hell compared to Utopia.

Also, 5800 square feet... What is that, a house for ants?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Climate? You mean, like... it rains in the summers and might get the occasional snow in the winter?

Sounds like weather to me.

Epic place, though.
She has a low tolerance for humidity. According to her, if it's humid her hair turns into a clown wig and frizzes out, but TBH I didn't notice that in Hawaii. I think she just has something against the south east.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm NC woods is hot and humid as fuck for 6 months and it gets snow. That's hell compared to Utopia.

Also, 5800 square feet... What is that, a house for ants?
Acreage to expand :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Climate? You mean, like... it rains in the summers and might get the occasional snow in the winter?

Sounds like weather to me.

Epic place, though.
She has a low tolerance for humidity. According to her, if it's humid her hair turns into a clown wig and frizzes out, but TBH I didn't notice that in Hawaii. I think she just has something against the south east.
Humidity in the mountains isn't nearly what it is here in Charlotte... but yeah, CA weather is definitely better. That area would see a legitimate four seasons, although fairly mild on the summer/winter end.