Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
66%
Rent it
21%
:crang: in mom's basement
8%
:dong: grabbing frat house
3%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
3%

Total votes: 38
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:58 pm

That house is epic. Love the look inside.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

coogles
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:13 pm

That house is badass. 8,712 sq. ft lot isn't small, although the :haus: is big so it takes up a good chunk of it. Looks like it has a yuuuuge carriage house in the back?

troyguitar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Hot Rod Lincoln

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:24 pm

coogles wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:13 pm
That house is badass. 8,712 sq. ft lot isn't small, although the :haus: is big so it takes up a good chunk of it. Looks like it has a yuuuuge carriage house in the back?
Yeah I can't tell what's going on in the back, another reason I'd like to see it just for :science:

I'm wondering if the quoted 4k square feet is including the second building, the photos don't seem to show a YUGE looking :haus: to me.

wap
Drives: Mk6Veyron

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Detroit wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:58 pm
That house is epic. Love the look inside.
Dem pocket doors :drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: mk7 :gorf:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm about to embark on another reno, this time in the new :haus: prior to moving in. We have two weeks to tear out two levels of questionably cared for carpets and low grade builders strip flooring. Might as well :doit: before we put furniture in it. At this time 1990 sq ft of flooring will be $12/sqft (9US) installed which is really not bad at all. Same floor as our current place, 8" wide oak hand scraped planks in a light grayish wash and flat finish. All in about $18k, another 7k for refinishing the staircase/spindles, 4k for paint on the whole main floor and up to the landing and my office upstairs. Demo and disposal is 3k, 750 linear feet of baseboards and nosing to finish it all off. 33k US plus tax.

In other canadian news, here is the cheapest Toronto house available right now...

https://www.narcity.com/real-estate/ca/ ... ute-photos

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: mk7 :gorf:

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 am

Saw the spindles and posts for the staircase.. 5/7 design and prepainted which will save on all the painting costs. I'm sure that my GC will turn a bigger profit but he's still cheaper and better with a repeating weakness leaning towards holding timelines. Surely there will be disarray for a week or so. Also, I think this is all going into HELOC so :notsure: if we made the right choice, it is a yes... for now.

• Information