Fax's haus: Red door resurrection

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Irish wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:36 pm
I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

We have on of those touch faucets which seemed like a novelty at the time but I have really grown to love it.....it ruins you for all pleb faucets ever after :doe: I always laugh at my self when I go tapping people's faucets expecting them to turn on or off.....
Um...now might be the one acceptable time to call someone dude. Take a load off and let someone else do the work for a change.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am
Plumber is 135 for first hour and 90 for second, its 95% likely to be a one hour job for a pro, fuckin sold.
Absolutely
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Detroit wrote:
Irish wrote:
I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

We have on of those touch faucets which seemed like a novelty at the time but I have really grown to love it.....it ruins you for all pleb faucets ever after :doe: I always laugh at my self when I go tapping people's faucets expecting them to turn on or off.....
Um...now might be the one acceptable time to call someone dude. Take a load off and let someone else do the work for a change.
:dat:
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Detroit wrote:
Irish wrote:

:dat:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 pm

:scrooge: won this fight. I did the daym faucet myself. It wasn't awful.
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Rewarding now that you can have a beer and wash the pots you've filled. :hue:
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Zillon wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:
:notwrong:

Also another bonus : doing the install myself i can remove / did remove the Obama flow restrictior. :jizz:

The sprayer works WAY better now

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Zillon wrote:

Also another bonus : doing the install myself i can remove / did remove the Obama flow restrictior. :jizz:

Yeah, I never installed the :thanksobama: flow restrictor on my new faucet. It's got some good flow. :midol:
Zildor the Magnificent

Detroit

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

Zillon wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:

Yeah, I never installed the :thanksobama: flow restrictor on my new faucet. It's got some good flow. :midol:
They usually come pre-installed. I remove them from every faucet I get.

We're having flooding problems, water conservation here isn't a concern.
Desertbreh wrote:
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am

Detroit wrote:
Zillon wrote:

in4picsofunderpasses :moist:
Zildor the Magnificent

Detroit

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

Zillon wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am
Detroit wrote:

in4picsofunderpasses :moist:
Yea...we're not there yet thankfully...BUT

Lake levels are the highest they've been in years. They're so high that storm drains are flooding onto streets near the lakes, making them impassable. A number of neighborhoods are inaccessible.

So flow restrictions are a bit :butwhy: around here right now.
Desertbreh wrote:

Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:50 pm

So, now that some time has passed, curious to know how the HOA meeting went at the start of the month if you're calm from it now to talk about it.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Devilchrono wrote:
So, now that some time has passed, curious to know how the HOA meeting went at the start of the month if you're calm from it now to talk about it.
A select few people were straight up attacking me, and derailed the meeting to the point that we were not able to vote on the bylaws. We extended the comment period. I still have not gotten any comments.

They of course liked to talk about the door color, and I outlined my justification. They were all like "you are wrong" and I basically said its a matter of interpretation and these days I'm doing the interpreting.

It was stressful and they continue to be dicks both in person and online. Fuck em.

Meanwhile the lawn service fired the neighborhood. So I've been dealing with that, in addition to the bylaws.

Detroit

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:04 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:
A select few people were straight up attacking me, and derailed the meeting to the point that we were not able to vote on the bylaws. We extended the comment period. I still have not gotten any comments.

They of course liked to talk about the door color, and I outlined my justification. They were all like "you are wrong" and I basically said its a matter of interpretation and these days I'm doing the interpreting.

It was stressful and they continue to be dicks both in person and online. Fuck em.

Meanwhile the lawn service fired the neighborhood. So I've been dealing with that, in addition to the bylaws.
:wat: does :dat: mean?
Desertbreh wrote:

Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meotwa/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Detroit wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:

Lol. It means that they fired their customer. I told my boss to do this a few times to some problem people.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Detroit wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:

They sent an email saying they wont be cutting the grass (and doing the front flowers) anymore and to find someone new.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Acid666 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:06 pm
Detroit wrote:

Lol. It means that they fired their customer. I told my boss to do this a few times to some problem people.
yea. I suspect the old pres. wife called and complained a lot (which to be fair, they were slacking and I called a few times too) and they got tired of taking calls.

Detroit

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Detroit wrote:

They sent an email saying they wont be cutting the grass (and doing the front flowers) anymore and to find someone new.
Oh, wow.
Desertbreh wrote:

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Detroit wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:

Oh, wow.
These neighbors of El :fax: sound like the kind of customers you'd definitely fire.
Zildor the Magnificent

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Zillon wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm
Detroit wrote:

Oh, wow.
These neighbors of El :fax: sound like the kind of customers you'd definitely fire.
I'd fire them. Fuck them.

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:

El oh El

New Sheriff Lawdog Bradmaster Flash, at your service.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:09 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 pm
golftdibrad wrote:

El oh El

New Sheriff Lawdog Bradmaster Flash, at your service.
yea. as i said, fuck. them.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: mk7 :gorf:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:45 pm

So my new beach house is in a condo corp, and I have the same sentiments as most people here. There is nothing worse than the old c**** that have nothing better to do than complain about their neighbors. This red door thing is an excellent example.

+1 for never again.

We have stupid rules, can't leave the garage door open for more than an hour, no parking on the road even in front of your own units, strict rental rules, front lawn landscaping restrictions, And the list goes on.

The complainers are so bad, it makes me think that I made a mistake and should sell the f****** place some days. And I haven't even broken rules yet, at least not real ones. I thought about pulling a Brad, and trying for president status. This, literally just to scrape away some of the b*******. Reading this a long thread makes me second-guess those efforts.

What I did learn though, is that the condo board has quite a bit of power. It's better to lay low and stay out of the Limelight. This is my goal LOL

Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:

Sweet baby Jesus, these people sound wound tighter than a thong that's holding on for dear life on the backside of a large woman. Do they really have nothing better to do than complain about a red door?

I'm sorry you have to deal with the bullshit like that, on top of having to deal with actual HOA stuff like the lawn service. At this point, I'd be leaving the door red out of principle and they can start talking to your lawyer if they want to continue down this path.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am

Devilchrono wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am
golftdibrad wrote:

Sweet baby Jesus, these people sound wound tighter than a thong that's holding on for dear life on the backside of a large woman. Do they really have nothing better to do than complain about a red door?

I'm sorry you have to deal with the bullshit like that, on top of having to deal with actual HOA stuff like the lawn service. At this point, I'd be leaving the door red out of principle and they can start talking to your lawyer if they want to continue down this path.
i mean...thats pretty much where im at

• Information