Fax's haus: Red door resurrection

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am

Detroit wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 am


yea. He told me to either not run filters in the primary return or use the shittiest see through shit i can find, then change the one in the attic every six months. Makes sense.
No filter on the returns is interesting. Wouldn't that be important for keeping things clean?

I honestly have very little experience with forced air HVAC. I'm all about that boiler/minisplit lyfe.
Well there is a big olde dude on the unit itself in the attic, so if you put one in the returns as well you are adding to the restriction of the fan, and that does no favors to the fan and maybe killed the VFD on my fan unit.

So basically, his advice was to run one and not the other. The one upstairs is more expensive but changed less often, and fits better so will filter better too.
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed May 22, 2019 10:49 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am
Detroit wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am

No filter on the returns is interesting. Wouldn't that be important for keeping things clean?

I honestly have very little experience with forced air HVAC. I'm all about that boiler/minisplit lyfe.
Well there is a big olde dude on the unit itself in the attic, so if you put one in the returns as well you are adding to the restriction of the fan, and that does no favors to the fan and maybe killed the VFD on my fan unit.

So basically, his advice was to run one and not the other. The one upstairs is more expensive but changed less often, and fits better so will filter better too.
Oh, so both are on the return end? Redundancy makes little sense there.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Wed May 22, 2019 12:04 pm

Detroit wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:49 am
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am


Well there is a big olde dude on the unit itself in the attic, so if you put one in the returns as well you are adding to the restriction of the fan, and that does no favors to the fan and maybe killed the VFD on my fan unit.

So basically, his advice was to run one and not the other. The one upstairs is more expensive but changed less often, and fits better so will filter better too.
Oh, so both are on the return end? Redundancy makes little sense there.
yea, and no one told me, so that didnt do the unit any favors
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
200 bucks to not have to fuck with it is worth it to me at this point
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm
Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
200 bucks to not have to fuck with it is worth it to me at this point
Good for you.

That's 30 minutes of cursing followed up with a nice bottle of scotch to me.

I'm also :scrooge: and :baby: less :doe:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm


200 bucks to not have to fuck with it is worth it to me at this point
Good for you.

That's 30 minutes of cursing followed up with a nice bottle of scotch to me.

I'm also :scrooge: and :baby: less :doe:
Yea. I have a moto getaway planed this weekend, fuck canceling that it took 4 months to peg on the calendar. Can't leave the house with a busted faucet either.

I'll poke my head under there before i call a plumber but its not looking good is all im saying.
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Good for you.

That's 30 minutes of cursing followed up with a nice bottle of scotch to me.

I'm also :scrooge: and :baby: less :doe:
Yea. I have a moto getaway planed this weekend, fuck canceling that it took 4 months to peg on the calendar. Can't leave the house with a busted faucet either.

I'll poke my head under there before i call a plumber but its not looking good is all im saying.
Kitchen faucets are a bitch to replace due to accessibility with the fucking sink in the way. I've worked on them in every house we've lived in, and it's always a cursefest. Wife finds it humorous. I don't, but I'm cheap.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8079
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
This is the kind of thing where I just send everybody away......kid, wife, dogs.....EVERYBODY. Another one of those would be jacking with ceiling fans. There's certain times when it's going to be you or the inanimate object that emerges victorious, and it's not going to be the inanimate object. Tolkienesque struggle, good vs. evil, victor or vanquished. COME AT ME, fucking faucet.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
This is the kind of thing where I just send everybody away......kid, wife, dogs.....EVERYBODY. Another one of those would be jacking with ceiling fans. There's certain times when it's going to be you or the inanimate object that emerges victorious, and it's not going to be the inanimate object. Tolkienesque struggle, good vs. evil, victor or vanquished. COME AT ME, fucking faucet.
:dat: :amazing:

We had A/C installed in the house and as such took every ceiling fan out and to the curb. There was one in each room on the 2nd floor...we sent 5 fans packing. Was brutal, but I emerged victorious.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2608
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meotwa/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Luckily for me, I'd just remove the sink and do the work, and then put it back and reseal the outside edge. Less headaches.
I think I installed our sink faucet with the sink already in. Wasn't too bad. But it's probably just an easier layout to work with.
A couple of Benjis sounds like it's worth it to not have to deal with the headache.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 21264
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Fucking sink faucet failed. 400 dollar fixture. Lifetime warranty, but will have to pay a plumber to do it.

And yes, I could do it... but its a 6" deep space under my deep ass sink with disposal under it... :nope:
:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
As someone who just replaced said kitchen faucet... I remarked several times that a plumber would be a poor vocation for me.

Long arms make contorting oneself under a sink very difficult.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Zillon wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

:impressive:

I hate dealing with kitchen sink faucets because of the placement behind the always deep ass sink.

I'm too cheap to pay someone :doe: I usually just pay myself with copious cursing. Wife usually :lolol: at me.
As someone who just replaced said kitchen faucet... I remarked several times that a plumber would be a poor vocation for me.

Long arms make contorting oneself under a sink very difficult.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 31695
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 am

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:53 pm


This is the kind of thing where I just send everybody away......kid, wife, dogs.....EVERYBODY. Another one of those would be jacking with ceiling fans. There's certain times when it's going to be you or the inanimate object that emerges victorious, and it's not going to be the inanimate object. Tolkienesque struggle, good vs. evil, victor or vanquished. COME AT ME, fucking faucet.
:dat: :amazing:

We had A/C installed in the house and as such took every ceiling fan out and to the curb. There was one in each room on the 2nd floor...we sent 5 fans packing. Was brutal, but I emerged victorious.
My ceiling fan's hot and ground wire are on different circuits. Flip the breaker and it all powers off. Go to disconnect it and you get zapped. lol.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:48 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 am
Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

:dat: :amazing:

We had A/C installed in the house and as such took every ceiling fan out and to the curb. There was one in each room on the 2nd floor...we sent 5 fans packing. Was brutal, but I emerged victorious.
My ceiling fan's hot and ground wire are on different circuits. Flip the breaker and it all powers off. Go to disconnect it and you get zapped. lol.
:wat: :lolol:

Old house shit...
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

getting next day air shipping :fuckyeah:

not in stock wont ship until thursday :rage:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm
Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

getting next day air shipping :fuckyeah:

not in stock wont ship until thursday :rage:
At least it'll be in before the weekend? :iono:

What brand BTW? Sounds like :notbad: customer service.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm
Getting replaced under warranty :fuckyeah:

getting next day air shipping :fuckyeah:

not in stock wont ship until thursday :rage:
At least it'll be in before the weekend? :iono:

What brand BTW? Sounds like :notbad: customer service.
elkay. Im leaving thursday :doe:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29015
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Detroit wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm

At least it'll be in before the weekend? :iono:

What brand BTW? Sounds like :notbad: customer service.
elkay. Im leaving thursday :doe:
:rage: of course
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 am
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm

So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Devilchrono wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm
So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?
not stellar and i cant devote anymore mental energy to it, for now atleast. maybe in a few weeks after im less :triggered:
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 am
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm
Devilchrono wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm
So, unless I missed an update, how did the board meeting on the 5th go?
not stellar and i cant devote anymore mental energy to it, for now atleast. maybe in a few weeks after im less :triggered:
:excited: :popcorn: :triggered: :dafuq:

Damn, that's not good. Hopefully you can recap then once you've had time to decompress some.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14005
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am

Plumber is 135 for first hour and 90 for second, its 95% likely to be a one hour job for a pro, fuckin sold.
Weekly :fax:
? wrote: "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid."

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1696
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:36 pm

I need to do faucet work too...kind a difficult with 6 inch incision across my neck doe.....hoping we can scrape by for a few weeks until I can do it myself.....I HATE paying plumbers for basic shite.....

We have on of those touch faucets which seemed like a novelty at the time but I have really grown to love it.....it ruins you for all pleb faucets ever after :doe: I always laugh at my self when I go tapping people's faucets expecting them to turn on or off.....
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest