Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
70%
Rent it
21%
:crang: in mom's basement
3%
:dong: grabbing frat house
3%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
3%

Total votes: 33
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm
How thick are those shelves?
Century-old barnwood...varies in thickness from 2" to 2.75" Fuckers are HEAVY.

I just realized that I never posted a finished photo. There's 6 shelves that go up the wall and follow the hood. I'll take a photo tonight. It honestly turned out way better than I initially anticipated.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Mazda6

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Detroit wrote:
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm
How thick are those shelves?

I just realized that I never posted a finished photo. There's 6 shelves that go up the wall and follow the hood. I'll take a photo tonight. It honestly turned out way better than I initially anticipated.
Plaster and lath walls? I know you said they were anchored with toggles. Got to be some heavy duty stuff

Detroit

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Detroit wrote:

Plaster and lath walls? I know you said they were anchored with toggles. Got to be some heavy duty stuff
Yep, plaster and lath throughout the entire house. I've gotten pretty good at patching.

Massive toggles...claimed to be good for 250lbs. I have 3 on each shelf "bracket" pipe thing and the 4th screw is in a stud (that's why they're spaced the way they are.

Amazingly sturdy.
Desertbreh wrote:
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm
:ohdang:

To address the questions...

I always take a plate from the one below the top plate. Though, amazingly the top plates really don't get that dirty/greasy. The vent hood is insanely strong, and that combined with regular plate rotation, I've never picked up a dirty top plate. Still don't use them, :doe:

The orange and gray photographs like shit (gray is too blue in photos), but looks better in person. We have brown grout between the gray tiles, and it looks 5/7 IRL.

The outlets are beige/cream colored, and the plates are indeed oil rubbed bronze. Much like the walls and tile, IRL the plates are way more brown, and the outlets are more cream. The contrast is actually :notbad: IMO, but I did consider replacing the outlets with brown.
:csb:

but

:wrong:

:trollface:
I'm on my last bag of peas.

Detroit

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:40 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm
Detroit wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm
:ohdang:

To address the questions...

I always take a plate from the one below the top plate. Though, amazingly the top plates really don't get that dirty/greasy. The vent hood is insanely strong, and that combined with regular plate rotation, I've never picked up a dirty top plate. Still don't use them, :doe:

The orange and gray photographs like shit (gray is too blue in photos), but looks better in person. We have brown grout between the gray tiles, and it looks 5/7 IRL.

The outlets are beige/cream colored, and the plates are indeed oil rubbed bronze. Much like the walls and tile, IRL the plates are way more brown, and the outlets are more cream. The contrast is actually :notbad: IMO, but I did consider replacing the outlets with brown.
:csb:

but

:wrong:

:trollface:
:lolol: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote:

wap
Drives: Mk6Veyron

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Zillon wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am
golftdibrad wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 am

in4updates on your paper plate bill
:well:
:dat: