Can/should we create a code of conduct ?

Issues, complaints, and questions... in here!

Should we create a code of conduct ?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 12
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Policing the intent of posts is an area I'd rather not get into.
Ironically it was a post made in response to someone trying to make the place better for everyone :-/
If you're referring to Brad's post, I know he's just being an ass, in a friendly way doe.
He doesn't mean any harm.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm
Ironically it was a post made in response to someone trying to make the place better for everyone :-/
If you're referring to Brad's post, I know he's just being an ass, in a friendly way doe.
Thanks for letting me know on how to feel about it. I can handle some of this but it gets really annoying sometimes. I actually have him “ignored” based on prior altercations.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know on how to feel about it
I was letting you know of his most likely intent.
How you feel is entirely up to you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know on how to feel about it. I can handle some of this but it gets really annoying sometimes. I actually have him “ignored” based on prior altercations.
But this is how I know you logged out to see it :trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 pm Yeah, binding everything to a specific set of rules just creates a (for lack of better words) a nazi regime of a forum with too many mods policing everyone's every move.

I don't want that here, and I don't think anyone else wants that. Those are the kinds of places with sponsor rules and link rules and well, more rules. We all were banned from exactly that situation.

While I don't want people to feel unwelcome here, I also don't want to create some kind of over-policed nanny state.

Basically, don't be a dick, and don't be a nancy. If someone irritates you, put them on ignore for a while, or maybe even say something to them. And if it's truly offensive or out of bounds, report it. We'll see to handling it the best way we see fit.
So you don't think a set of rules would provide a collective benefit? If the members abided by them ?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:38 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm

You're literally putting everything back on me with all these statements, while simultaneously backing the current forum structure. That isn't the point, I am not singling myself out in all this, this IS NOT ABOUT ME. This is about this forum.

I am not a sole person that has been brushed with the stroke of genius of some of us on this very forum. Most have been affected and threaten to quit or quit and came back etc ([user not found] himself, Melon, Detroit, Waxer all left at some point), too lazy to list all the others. Are you willing to brush that all aside ?

I actually really don't appreciate your post because you're placing the blame on one individual, now if you're willing to say that I am the source of all quitting/bickering etc then its fair, is that your point ? I created a poll and I asked for feedback, is this something a person that is the sole contributor to turbulence does ?

I am not to say that I never contributed to arguing or what not, I certainly have. I would be bound by the rules just like everyone else.

I am not, that would be untrue. You are, however the leading proponent of discussions on rule making, why?

Defections on this forum are never caused by a single post, but instead by a body of work. It is the wearing down over a period of time that ticks people off, a generalized feeling of getting beat up, not a single backhand across the face....I don't think you can legislate that. The "offender" will always be "show me where I said that, or show me how I did that".......when the reality is, that for the reasonable person, it is the overall course of conduct over maybe pages, maybe a hundred pages, that is offensive. If you're a flagrant dick in a way that would violate a code of conduct, you get hounded out of here at Mach 10.
Let me answer this question. Some of the people I communicate with this most on here and whose "online" company I enjoy greatly, departed or are thinking of departing. And it is this constant game of leave/return/argue :rage: i was trying to cut out. I was looking for a solution to the potential loss of "online friends" and the general annoyances that most of us face on here. Which is why we created gifs like :wrong: etc.

Call me an optimist, this was coming from a good place, I really did want to START a conversation around this as I thought that maybe if we all agree it would make this place better. This was NOT something where I am crying about myself. I can handle some of the shit hurled at me daily and in this very post, as I have demonstrated plenty of times, so I really didn't appreciate you attempting to twist it into a scenario about me. I had a greater good in mind.

/Rant out

IN the end since we humans are social creatures that inherently work things out via power/mutual agreement this will get settled.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

I am not, that would be untrue. You are, however the leading proponent of discussions on rule making, why?

Defections on this forum are never caused by a single post, but instead by a body of work. It is the wearing down over a period of time that ticks people off, a generalized feeling of getting beat up, not a single backhand across the face....I don't think you can legislate that. The "offender" will always be "show me where I said that, or show me how I did that".......when the reality is, that for the reasonable person, it is the overall course of conduct over maybe pages, maybe a hundred pages, that is offensive. If you're a flagrant dick in a way that would violate a code of conduct, you get hounded out of here at Mach 10.
Let me answer this question. Some of the people I communicate with this most on here and whose "online" company I enjoy greatly, departed or are thinking of departing. And it is this constant game of leave/return/argue :rage: i was trying to cut out. I was looking for a solution to the potential loss of "online friends" and the general annoyances that most of us face on here. Which is why we created gifs like :wrong: etc.

Call me an optimist, this was coming from a good place, I really did want to START a conversation around this as I thought that maybe if we all agree it would make this place better. This was NOT something where I am crying about myself. I can handle some of the shit hurled at me daily and in this very post, as I have demonstrated plenty of times, so I really didn't appreciate you attempting to twist it into a scenario about me. I had a greater good in mind.

/Rant out

IN the end since we humans are social creatures that inherently work things out via power/mutual agreement this will get settled.
Fair enough. Personal aspersions withdrawn.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

/Rant out

Again, I hear ya. Your concerns aren't falling on deaf ears.

[user not found], [user not found] and Myself aren't around around enough to see all the posts.
Best thing I can suggest is to use the report post feature more often.

I know it may not seem like an ideal situation, but it will help bring attention to where it's needed, as a mod team we can help resolve some issues hopefully before they get out of hand. Trust me, I've left and come back, if a forum causes me distress in my life, I'll leave it at the drop of a hat, I don't let simple shit disturb my peace.
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:00 pm

/Rant out

[user not found], [user not found] and Myself aren't around around enough to see all the posts.

I know it may not seem like an ideal situation, but it will help bring attention to where it's needed, as a mod team we can help resolve some issues hopefully before they get out of hand. Trust me, I've left and come back, if a forum causes me distress in my life, I'll leave it at the drop of a hat, I don't let simple shit disturb my peace.
I am with you, and I appreciate this honest and non-trolling post. But once again this isn't about me I was hoping to stir a conversation about the forum in general, not just including myself.
Of course, I am an active member that posts a lot so part of it is naturally about me as I am part of this community, but I wanted others like yourself to chime in and provide feedback.

What is your take on a code of conduct, unless you provided it already and I missed it?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:04 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:24 pm

So you don't think a set of rules would provide a collective benefit? If the members abided by them ?
We have rules now.

:bruh:

We're all adults here. Quit being assholes to each other.

I could just start sending people to Сибирь, but I don't think anyone wants that, and it won't change anything.

As a group, everyone could use a little empathy training so they learn that feelings > facts.
I see so the "don't be a dick" rule is the collective consciousness of what is right and what's wrong. If that's the MO that's agreeable then I suppose so be it, ignore this thread. If the majority of members don't see an issue then we can move on. The poll seems to confirm that.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I really hope i wasn't the impetus behind any of this I was just goofing around.... and I only read the first paragraph of the article I quoted and provided it just for context on the the word cuck
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:00 pm

I am with you, and I appreciate this honest and non-trolling post. But once again this isn't about me I was hoping to stir a conversation about the forum in general, not just including myself.
Of course, I am an active member that posts a lot so part of it is naturally about me as I am part of this community, but I wanted others like yourself to chime in and provide feedback.

What is your take on a code of conduct, unless you provided it already and I missed it?
Truthfully I wish everyone was a little less dickish, and would cheer the fuck up. The Doom and gloom is as bad as the trolling.

But hey, we have good times and bad times.

As an admin, I'll leave it the way it is, but encourage everyone to report posts if they feel trolling has gone past the point of friendly banter.
max225

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:10 pm I really hope i wasn't the impetus behind any of this I was just goofing around.... and I only read the first paragraph of the article I quoted and provided it just for context on the the word cuck
That seems fine, this forum leans the way it leans ideologically. I have come to accept that and removed myself from the plethora of threads discussing these issues in detail. I enjoy the cars and comradery and looking forward to partaking in this in the future.
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Truthfully I wish everyone was a little less dickish, and would cheer the fuck up. The Doom and gloom is as bad as the trolling.

But hey, we have good times and bad times.

As an admin, I'll leave it the way it is, but encourage everyone to report posts if they feel trolling has gone past the point of friendly banter.
Very fair. I think I should do this more vs giving in and posting personal rebuttals.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well done, ya jackass.
Lol
Irish

max225 wrote:
Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:10 pm I really hope i wasn't the impetus behind any of this I was just goofing around.... and I only read the first paragraph of the article I quoted and provided it just for context on the the word cuck
That seems fine, this forum leans the way it leans ideologically. I have come to accept that and removed myself from the plethora of threads discussing these issues in detail. I enjoy the cars and comradery and looking forward to partaking in this in the future.
FWIW......In retrospect that was an extremely poorly chosen article on my part...... it was not my intention to bring politics into the convo AT ALL.... (bold for emphasis, not yelling)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

max225

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:19 pm
max225 wrote:
FWIW......In retrospect that was an extremely poorly chosen article on my part...... it was not my intention to bring politics into the convo AT ALL.... (bold for emphasis, not yelling)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It's all good :) I don't think you and I ever had any beef, and this didn't add any. Thanks for pointing this out though :)
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Don't think I've had beef with anyone on here, although I once ate beef with Gunkata, ShadowBlueGTI (did he join V2.0?), and Punchagoat.

Troy and I argued over religion once if you can call it that...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

MDWA
guess on what is stands for!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 pm MDWA
Make :dong: Wiggle Again!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:19 pm
keep trying :lolol: and think opposite of Great
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I lol'd
Well done.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 pm

keep trying :lolol: and think opposite of Great
I prefer mine. :lol:
Irish

Before begging: My :dong: Wants Anal

After she says yes: My :dong: Went A$$ward.....
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I vote toaster