:poorvette: dusted by MK6 GTI

DFD does not condone street racing, but if you've been to a race track in Mexico lately... share your stories!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I was on the interstate yesterday and came up next to a MK6 :turboyaris: and noticed some mods, so I was checking out the car a bit. Dude bro looks over, looks back ahead and takes off. By the time I downshifted and punched it he was already a few car lengths ahead and that distance basically stayed constant up to about 100 MPH when we both let off. :gaydance: CSB :triggered: :narc: :rage:

:turboyaris: :turboyaris: :turboyaris:
:turboyaris: ..... :plaid: ..... :turboyaris:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fireball 1, Griffbalz 0
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

But at the end of the day its still a yaris, and it doesn’t attract :mahtroy: girls at taco bell parking lot.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

And you're surprised why?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

This does not deserve to be its own thread
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

B7 is K04 bro
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm Fireball 1, Griffbalz 0
I actually rode in that dude's car once, he lived here in Charlotte and we met at an autox. It was legit very fast, if memory served definitely would've walked away from the C5.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm Fireball 1, Griffbalz 0
I actually rode in that dude's car once, he lived here in Charlotte and we met at an autox. It was legit very fast, if memory served definitely would've walked away from the C5.
That car is pretty much on strongest steroids, and it beat a ferrari 360
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:27 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 pm

That car is pretty much on strongest steroids, and it beat a ferrari 360
Was a pretty major turd other than the powah though.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

You have pulled his flatbrimm ass if you had 4.10's
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 am You have pulled his flatbrimm ass if you had 4.10's
:fax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 am You have pulled his flatbrimm ass if you had 4.10's
I think if he had made any indication that he was going to hit it and I'd downshifted prior I still would've pulled on him, even if K04, :poorvette: is still pretty quick. At 1500 RPMS :doe: , it ain't.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

He probably has DSGay :rolleyes: :rage:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

What gear were you in? Because I raced a Chevy Cobalt SS once and I kept it in 4th and I had this slowwwwww ass steady pull on him. This was at about 60 mph. Roll up at the light and ask what he's got.. Says stage 3 tuning.. and I'm like :notbad: :like:
I then tell him "That was 4th gear". He then follows me a little and then we did a 40 roll and I dropped it to 2nd and HOLY SHIT I ripped this kid nearly 10 cars right out of the gate. That's when I learned that the vette is a quick car, but it doesn't have the power to yank people in high gear.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 am What gear were you in? Because I raced a Chevy Cobalt SS once and I kept it in 4th and I had this slowwwwww ass steady pull on him. This was at about 60 mph. Roll up at the light and ask what he's got.. Says stage 3 tuning.. and I'm like :notbad: :like:
I then tell him "That was 4th gear". He then follows me a little and then we did a 40 roll and I dropped it to 2nd and HOLY SHIT I ripped this kid nearly 10 cars right out of the gate. That's when I learned that the vette is a quick car, but it doesn't have the power to yank people in high gear.
Yeah I was in 6th... it caught me by surprise so by the time I downshifted, he was already several lengths ahead. I put it in 3rd at 65 or so then and floored it, I would've passed him eventually had there been more room. Oh well... needs moar driver mod.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 am What gear were you in? Because I raced a Chevy Cobalt SS once and I kept it in 4th and I had this slowwwwww ass steady pull on him. This was at about 60 mph. Roll up at the light and ask what he's got.. Says stage 3 tuning.. and I'm like :notbad: :like:
Yeah I was in 6th... it caught me by surprise so by the time I downshifted, he was already several lengths ahead. I put it in 3rd at 65 or so then and floored it, I would've passed him eventually had there been more room. Oh well... needs moar DSG.
:dat:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

But which car sounded better?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 am
4zilch wrote:But which car sounded better?
Were DSG farts present?
Where’s Jade?

SNAP, SNAP, POP, BRAAAP
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 am
4zilch wrote:But which car sounded better?
Were DSG farts present?
:aintcare: :turboyaris: sounds like :poop: .

:poorvette: is :unicron: :jizz: for the ears.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm I was on the interstate yesterday and came up next to a MK6 :turboyaris: and noticed some mods, so I was checking out the car a bit. Dude bro looks over, looks back ahead and takes off. By the time I downshifted and punched it he was already a few car lengths ahead and that distance basically stayed constant up to about 100 MPH when we both let off. :gaydance: CSB :triggered: :narc: :rage:

But did you win?!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm I was on the interstate yesterday and came up next to a MK6 :turboyaris: and noticed some mods, so I was checking out the car a bit. Dude bro looks over, looks back ahead and takes off. By the time I downshifted and punched it he was already a few car lengths ahead and that distance basically stayed constant up to about 100 MPH when we both let off. :gaydance: CSB :triggered: :narc: :rage:

But did you win?!
No.