2 Mexican Yaris's - CSB??

DFD does not condone street racing, but if you've been to a race track in Mexico lately... share your stories!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Part CSB and part rant that Veedub scene became a Honda Scene.

Ok so I'm heading home from work, stopped by a shopping center to do a little errand, etc.

I was getting out, and I noticed this clean white Mexican Yaris with a Yakima roof storage thing. At first I thought it was some average joe in his 30's that probably doesn't mod his car. My light was green, he was waiting to turn right into the same route I was heading, and I saw aftermarket xenon's, plate hook and and aftermarket catback (which sounded good). The young AZN dude who was driving it (assuming 19-20 y/o) wanted to take a closer look on my stock dirty exhaust tips like ASAP. After a few lights with some traffic, the dude tried to "pass" me onto a lane that has more traffic than mine, so he had to sat back, then caught up to me again. I mean were driving the same car here, I don't know what he's trying to prove. I was just cruising along going like 10 mph over the posted limit like most people here, and then finally floors to pass me, gives me a look and takes off (I doubt it's tuned, cause he's not going that fast) as if I'm driving a different car, I was just sitting there like

It's weird though, back in my mk6 days, I never had encounters like this with other GTI's, especially with all ages. VW is the new Honda I guess.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Honda quit making cool shit and left a power vacuum.

Just wait until these Type-R's get cheap...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 pm Honda quit making cool shit and left a power vacuum.

Just wait until these Type-R's get cheap...
By that time, I'll jump the ship and see them get smaller and smaller in my rearview :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

There's still loads of high schoolers in my area rolling in Hondas. I swear everyone of them wanted to race me from the stop light when I had my WRX.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am There's still loads of high schoolers in my area rolling in Hondas. I swear everyone of them wanted to race me from the stop light when I had my WRX.
Seems like a fair race ?
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:43 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am There's still loads of high schoolers in my area rolling in Hondas. I swear everyone of them wanted to race me from the stop light when I had my WRX.
Seems like a fair race ?
:225: :fax:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

One time on the way home, I saw this nice 9th gen si, he was going a little slow, so i passed him and bam, he started riding my ass :wtf:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I had to leave this here, just go to 3:17, rest is pointless to this subject