The resident Turk vehicular thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sup fellas,

I've thought about making a thread for a log for car, bike ownership coming along as this thread goes on, along with my car history.

I will reserve a second post or 2 so I can just post up my previous vehicles, plans and whatnot.

Here is a brief history: (*will provide pics for most of these afterwards)
1) 1999 Mercedes C230 - was never really my car (hell it was the first car we bought in the US from carmax), but I had driven it solo for pretty much good 2 months post-learners permit. Only drove to basketball practice, school games, few parties, chipotle runs, etc. My cousins were considering to sell their 1990 :manuel: corolla and my dad didn't like the idea of having a premium brand as my first car.

2) 1990 Corolla DX (I think), black tar bumpers and door handles, no tach, about 195k miles when I got it, had about 9-10 months. Learned manual and started liking it better than the merc. other than being slow as balls. Out of nowhere the car stops running at one morning on the way to school, no crank, don't exactly remember but other than what I'm assuming cylinder/piston lock from what I can recall?

3) Got my moms old 2004 Acura TSX and she leased an e60 528i att. Had it for about 3-4 years where I traded in for a :turboyaris:

4) 2012 :turboyaris: :manuel: with Autobahn. This is where I have met all you fine gentlemen, and ladies. She got totaled by a catholic school girl who didn't pay attention and pulled out

5) now my mk7 GTI, for little over 6 years and 95k miles later, longest car I have ever owned. Sunroof has never once been broken, replaced HPFP, replaced intake manifold right before 50k and replaced engine partially due to my :derp: ery :sad: Still feels like a newer car with a few exceptions, mostly cosmetics. I am selling the car on the 6th of December and won't have a car here for a while as I will be out of the country for the majority of 2021. Since it is paid off, I will be keeping most of the money I'll get for the car so I can use it as a downpayment for the next :plac: move. (*not the one below)

6) 2020 Renault Clio 1.3t (130 hp) with their dual clutch trans - My family and I will share that in Turkey (will also take roadtrips to Greece and Bulgaria on occasion), therefore it is considered my car as well as I will be driving it a lot for my long term bound there.
- We ordered it due to corona and factories are at decreased working capacity (we cross shopped VW Polo, Seat Leon/Ibiza, Mini cooper 1.5 diesel ($45k so :nope: )etc. but in the end I might as well get something that doesn't exist in the US, so no VAG).
- My grandpa wanted to offer a downpayment for the car a gift (as he did for my uncle and my mom for their first car), my dad and I each paid $4,000 for the remainder of dp (financing cars works differently there), due to the country's taxes (which goes to the government, so you're essentially paying for the governments car), it costs, wait for it......$26,000 (top of the line Clio aka with the RS line package is $37k there). With 0% interest (yes that is the norm there) with 60 months (also a new thing in Turkey), it is $133 per month, I will pay half of that.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Vehicle History (with pics):

At first I was taught to drive in this (not my picture).
It became "my" car for a super short period (probably 2 months when I drove it to school), reason being even though it was a solid car there are some electrical gremblins that made my dad :rage: like when the wiper stopped working one time I was driving in the rain as well as windows stopped working. It was the first car we bought when we moved to the US.

The c230 was sold shortly after I got this (also not my picture, because I didn't appreciate cars as much in High School), first :manuel: :doe: and only car I had with a vibrant color.

Then the TSX which was my mom's next car after the Merc, peep the Fox bro sticker :doe: Yes that spoiler was my one and only mod too.

Don't mind the oil leaking shitbox covering it aka the n55 and I lost my album dedicated for my TSX, before anyone asks why I'm flexing with the :waxer: vehicle in the household.

This where... I have met... All you fine gentlemen!! Mein 2012 VW GTI 6MT
Mods (from what I remember)
GayPR Stage 1
FX350 clutch
OEM Driver Gear Springs
Neuspeed Intercooler (basically like Forge as an add on)
Dogbone mount insert (dem vibrations doe)
ECS clutch bleeder block
OEM s3 short shifter (20% shorter throws)
Upgraded pads
LED tails
Low key ricer mods like side markers and yellow fogs

Image1st Day 3 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageInterior by Teo K, on Flickr

Notice the license plate numbers He now drives a Hype R
ImageMe and Kutays Mk6 1 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageNeuspeed Intercooler by Teo K, on Flickr

This GTI in the back was actually Lou's bestie (found out way later after that) who was also on that 4chan epic thread. Never met nor talked :doe:
ImageNoVa MKVI togetherness by Teo K, on Flickr
his car:

ImageReston 8.29.13 6 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageDATASS by Teo K, on Flickr

A very sad ending
ImageRIP 1 by Teo K, on Flickr

MK7 GTI
Love at first sight (that impala in the back was my rental which the girls insurance who killed mk6 paid for it)
Imagewelcome home by Teo K, on Flickr

:tints: and :ohslap: VWR lowering sprangs later
ImageRehoboth Beach 1 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImagePDRBQ Dubs by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4806 by Teo K, on Flickr

2021 Renault Clio 1.3 TCe (for me and my family to share, and I get to drive it whenever I visit as they don't drive as much, but needed it)
ImageIMG_1062 by Teo K, on Flickr

2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport (NoVa Daily, Car, Tirekicker :lol: )

ALSO BIKES:
Here's one in Murica that I may subject to sell to get a better juan when I get back, kinda baesic

For Turkey, this is what I use regularly now, still not tired of it yet

Also my old MTB (that I eventually gave it away to someone in need/was very happy about it), pretty much a lot of things were shot, had nearly no use for it anymore so I don't want to waste space.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

reserved, just in case
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:popcorn: so the MK7 is still going away and no US car for now? You are so worldly living in two countries :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

in4ClioPics
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:00 pm :popcorn: so the MK7 is still going away and no US car for now? You are so worldly living in two countries :notbad:
Something like that lol Covid edition, I will sell the car this sunday and I don't wanna pay for insurance, taxes for a car that I won't drive for a long time. I plan to get my next car most likely in September and I'm pretty much done with VAG, also will post once the car is ready to be picked up, estimated date for the clio would be the 18th :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:00 pm :popcorn: so the MK7 is still going away and no US car for now? You are so worldly living in two countries :notbad:
Something like that lol Covid edition, I will sell the car this sunday and I don't wanna pay for insurance, taxes for a car that I won't drive for a long time. I plan to get my next car most likely in September and I'm pretty much done with VAG, also will post once the car is ready to be picked up, estimated date for the clio would be the 18th :excited:
in4 :manuel:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:00 pmin4ClioPics
:dat:
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:35 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm

sadly, 1.3t only comes with Renaults DSGay. 1.0t with 70 hp comes with both :manuel: (what I was originally aiming for) and CVT :disgust: along with an even slower engine, NA 3 banger that comes with poverty stereo, those are already sold out since they're mostly bought for company fleets. Also traffic in Istanbul ruins the fun with :manuel: I have been there and done that.

Imagine :manuel: with this (except lot less scooters and more civilized intersections)

On the bright side, I will be borrowing that Amarok :truk: with :manuel: for a few days since I will be hauling a few things likely after my quarantine.

On another note, when I get my next :plac: car here, Im thinking of toying the idea with a NB miata :manuel: on the side.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:00 pmin4ClioPics
This is the exact spec we're getting, except for that cheeto color :nope:
https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasita- ... 9164/detay
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:23 pm
wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Link didn't work and all the warnings are in Turkish, lol.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:28 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:23 pm

google chrome translates
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm
wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:28 pm

google chrome translates
Here's what I see:
"sahibinden.com'a Türkiye dışından erişmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.
sahibinden.com'a Türkiye dışından erişmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Hesabınız yoksa ücretsiz üye olabilirsiniz.

Bu mesajı görmemeniz gerektiğini düşünüyorsanız bize bildirin."
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm

google chrome translates
Here's what I see:
"sahibinden.com'a Türkiye dışından erişmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.
sahibinden.com'a Türkiye dışından erişmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

fak, yeah it tells you that you have to become a membership since you're entering it overseas :wtf: , hope this works, minus :manuel:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... ars&page=2
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Here's what I see:

fak, yeah it tells you that you have to become a membership since you're entering it overseas :wtf: , hope this works, minus :manuel:
It worked.
Honestly, that's a :notbad: looking little car. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 pm

It worked.
:dat: :nice:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 pm

It worked.
Danke!! oh wait, Merci
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Here's what I see:

Drum brakes ?! Omg you’re going to die
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:16 am

Drum brakes ?! Omg you’re going to die
I rather die from poverty brakes than Corona Virus :)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:35 pm

sadly, 1.3t only comes with Renaults DSGay. 1.0t with 70 hp comes with both :manuel: (what I was originally aiming for) and CVT :disgust: along with an even slower engine, NA 3 banger that comes with poverty stereo, those are already sold out since they're mostly bought for company fleets. Also traffic in Istanbul ruins the fun with :manuel: I have been there and done that.

Imagine :manuel: with this (except lot less scooters and more civilized intersections)

On the bright side, I will be borrowing that Amarok :truk: with :manuel: for a few days since I will be hauling a few things likely after my quarantine.

On another note, when I get my next :plac: car here, Im thinking of toying the idea with a NB miata :manuel: on the side.
The CLio looks :notbad: !

Also NB Miatas are pretty great, would be a 5/7 choice, but they are pretty tiny inside, IIRC you are a pretty tall dude, NC might fit you better and they are rather affordable now.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Also NB Miatas are pretty great, would be a 5/7 choice, but they are pretty tiny inside, IIRC you are a pretty tall dude, NC might fit you better and they are rather affordable now.
I have ridden shotgun in Zillons cheesy miata and I had no problem getting in, with the top down. But the ND is a whole another story when I sat in the autoshow, I pretty much had to max out the seating adjustment in order to simply.... well fit :hue: I can say right off the bat the miata will not be my only car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 am

I have ridden shotgun in Zillons cheesy miata and I had no problem getting in, with the top down. But the ND is a whole another story when I sat in the autoshow, I pretty much had to max out the seating adjustment in order to simply.... well fit :hue: I can say right off the bat the miata will not be my only car.
NB is the smallest inside. I just barely fit in my NA at 6'2" but the NB my head pushed into the roof :disappoint:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:03 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am

NB is the smallest inside. I just barely fit in my NA at 6'2" but the NB my head pushed into the roof :disappoint:
:ohdang: im just a little shorter, 6"0, still tall enough :thisisfine:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Time for the Clio review after 1,900 km's of driving. Which is 1,180 miles for exactly 2 months, so on average 590 miles a month. City driving ftw, even though it's a little too high for Johnny :wasteful: .

Specs and features just to be on track!
1.3 turbro making 130 hp with 240 nm torque
Has 7 speed EDC, aka Renault's DSG (no the 1.3 does not come with manual)
Mid level touch model so equivalent to the SE on the GTI's (no navigation)
Apply car play and the like
Poverty non-auto AC
LED headlights, only a $100 option
Height adjustable low beams where you can operate on your own
Reverse camera and parking sensors
Full spare (german car style)

Engine + Transmission:
- This combo makes the acceleration more snappy than my mk7 GTI, throttle response is quite jumpy, at times it even jumps as if I let my foot off the clutch a little too quick (I almost hit my neighbors car when this happened), happens more often when warming up.
- Engine has quite a lot of torque down low where it makes my GTI feels more like a Camry, but then again it idles right at 1,000 RPM which I kinda find this a little odd. It pulls up to redline with a very little loss, compare that to the mk6 and mk7 TSI engines, those are way more noticeable to lose pull around 5k RPM, but :whocares: if it's dangerously slow :plac:
- Speaking of dangerously slow, 0-60 in 8.7 seconds. Engine and trans wise, this is one step below from the Clio RS (aka their GTI) and we don't get those in my shithole country :sad: the slowest Clio is 15 seconds from 0-60 :hellno:
- 8.7 may not seem even remotely quick, but it in where I'm at right now, even most of the BMW's sold here are that "quick" so it's basically a "beast" in sheep clothing. Granted an average Clio owner is :aintcare: as long as the car is cheap (cheapest in it's class) and economical, I've definitely seen some surprised faces when I went :stig:
- The EDC trans seems to catch the engagement point quicker than all the DSGay I've driven, it's not as programmed like the way VW's do by rushing into higher gears, unless I opt the eco mode which delays the throttle response roughly 15% (typically use it when I'm in slow traffic where I don't need to :stig: ), either way at slow speeds the trans responds quick, not as much on highway passing :doe: unless I give 80% throttle.
- Never once experienced wheel hop, only a little 1.5 second wheel spin from a dig.
- The lever does not have a triptronic option or even a sport mode :wtf: (my previous gen rental did have that option), but I can use the shift paddles and they operate just as similar as my GTI did.
- Start-stop doesn't always work, especially at all when warming up for obvious reasons. If the climate control is on at any fan speed, there is a message on the dash telling me "we can't use start-stop for AC", it only vibrates the car a little so I only use it when traffic is really bad or pull up somewhere waiting for someone etc. Very throughout design I say imo.
- Best mpg I've got considering since my driving situation is composed of 30% bumper-to-bumper, 30% with average speed of 30 mph, and anywhere higher avg. speed of 40 mph is 40% I've got 27 mpg. I'm sure in my neck of the murican woods this thing can easily do 32 mpg on main roads.

Handling:
- It has 195 tires all around which is :notbad: for its size. On ramps it does not seem to struggle as well around probably 50, I'd imagine with a set of lightweight :rims: and tires this would be an absolute riot for sure.
- The way it stays flat is about 80% of my mk7 was, so this is definitely a good hill-climb car, I'll post a vid of one hill climb I've found whenever I have the time.
- Steering feel is heavier, even at slower speeds and makes the car more enjoyable to drive.
- Steering rack is go-kart quick, definitely better than my GTI. Super easy to dart around, I would love to autocross this.
- I topped out around 170 km's, so 105 mph, she had no issues to keep it together at that speed and definitely doesn't have an issue to go atleast 60 km's faster (it was windy that day).

Brakes:
- Has drum brakes in the rear, but front disc brakes.
- Brake response is also sensitive as well, has less travel than my GTI did, and boy does she stop good.

Suspension:
- This is probably the least favorite thing for the Clio, the suspension is quite on the harsher side. Doesn't absorbs bumps well, even with 15 inch wheels with plenty of :meat: .
- As much as I may like the fact it has a tight suspension (or it seems that is), thus handles great in it's own right, I think this deserves a more comfortable suspension as it is an econobox. One of the reasons why I liked my friends Polo better, it was smooth, will provide on my car review thread. But :ohwell:

Interior:
- When you open the door, the headunit lights up with the Renault and a sunset background followed by a welcoming sound thats very familiar (and more slower) version of the BMW's ignition chime from the 2012-2019 era. (the G20's have a different chime now :whocares: )
- Dashboard is stroke friendly
- Door cards are a little less padded
- Seats has good side bolsters (will post pics afterwards), oh and cloth :wub: . My acura and both of my GTI's were leather
- For it's size it is quite spacious, even though I can't fit behind myself :hue:
- Seats can go racecar low, almost seems like the adjustment is designed for someone 6'8, cause at the lowest setting I'm staring right at the 12 o'clock of the steering wheel, though passenger seat does not have height adjustment at all and a little less room.
- Steering wheel is leather wrap and stitched while the base Clio does not. It has flat bottom and a less noticeable flat top as well.
- Back seat space is fine as long as the person is front isn't tall as me. Also a fair bit of headroom left and I don't feel claustrophobic.
- Trunk is pretty spacious and deep, it is also class leading, larger than the VW Polo, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai i20, etc.
- Glove compartment is deep enough to fit a 13 inch macbook, kid you not.

Exterior:
- Love the front end, especially the headlight design is a more miniatured Megane front end.
- Kinda has that narrow tall hood as you would notice in the Ford Fiesta.
- Looks pretty sharp from an angle.
- Love the rear end, although not much different from a previous Clio by design.

Visibility:
- Front windshield is huge
- A pillars seems unnecessarily thick
- Back window is small, but not an issue to see cars in the back.
- Rear passenger windows narrows as it goes towards back which makes blindspots a little difficult to navigate (especially parallel parking when the rear wheel arches/rear quarter panel are 5 inches wider from the windows due to it's design so it's something that takes time to get used to), but mirrors come in handy.

Quirks and Rants:
- Whenever I turn off the ignition, whether I'm listening to spotify via carplay or FM radio, it skips to the next track or seek to next station. Then when I start up the car again, it just randomly picks a local station out of nowhere.
- My armrest/center console is attached to the side of the driver seat where I can easily fit my old iphone 8 plus.
- The way Renault set up their volume, seek etc. button is kind of like in the older Toyota's with their cruise control, there's a wheel behind the thick stalk to skip and press buttons on the side for volume. Very driver like and I don't even take my hand off the wheel.
- Sunroof's are NOT an option on all Clio's.
- The central locking is kind of weird. One touch of a button to unlock, the trunk doesn't open, but if I lock and unlock again, it does.
- Cupholders are murican friendly (unlike the previous gen I rented)

Mods:
- 30% tint all around except for windshield (offered by dealer package, included in the price), followed by a rear shark fin antenna, arm rest (as mentioned earlier) and REAL ceramic paint protection to a recommended detailer where dealer pays for it for you (not the cilajet bullshit).
- only upcoming mods are set of winter wheels in case if I go skiing (yes, we have mountains to ski here) and to avoid chains whenever I go out of town in inclement weather, maybe some lightweight :ramz: and summers (enkei rpf1 probably won't be a bad idea, with stock height :hue: ), wait is this supposed to be a NFG daily.

Postimg didn't work, flickr to the rescue!

The day I got her (Jan 11th, 2021)
ImageIMG_0838 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0839 by Teo K, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0840 by Teo K, on Flickr

Low beam height adjustment
ImageIMG_0842 by Teo K, on Flickr

Peep the poverty antenna
ImageIMG_0856 by Teo K, on Flickr

Sightseeing and all (oh and the tint and the :waxer: antenna :gay: )
ImageIMG_1062 by Teo K, on Flickr

I like how the color looks more like a darker shade of nardo grey when the sun hits, color is called titanium grey and has a blend of darker blue, pretty unique imo
ImageIMG_1065 by Teo K, on Flickr

Notice the top of the steering wheel
ImageIMG_1436 by Teo K, on Flickr

Her first... snow
ImageIMG_1305 by Teo K, on Flickr

Dem fighter jet like buttons
ImageIMG_1077 by Teo K, on Flickr
wap

Nice write up.

I like it!