We need Noodz! or at least pics!!
Here's a few and some turkish girls
:woodplow:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I just got back from Istanbul and here are a few things I've noticed, not by the car itself, but the overall driving situation that different down south vs in the Turkish New York. Throughout my whole stay, I did about the first half the driving (km's wise) I've done in the city until I left for the roadtrip (60% istanbul / 40% down south), definitely felt like in the US where you need a car to get around there, plus hills, those fuckers get you tired fast when you go for a walk in a 90 degree weather. Best part about in that area, lot of the main roads are twisties :fuckyeah: kind of like Cali canyons.

Driving there is a lot more chill than in the city. I'm talking North VA (when there's no traffic) vs Manhattan. Cause I noticed it when I got back and asked my self, how did I cope driving here almost everyday for 5 months? :mindblown:

Also I will never complain about driving in DC nor the area because it really isn't THAT bad and I grew up with that traffic when I went on a school "bus", with the exception when people :rage: at me when I simply honk to warn. People there get :triggered: more than in Istanbul, not to mention Istanbul used to be like that growing up.

My parents are thinking about getting a house down in that town too, cause they started to get tired of the city, plus some of their friends moved there along with a few of mine. Also re-connected one of my elementary school friends.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am I just got back from Istanbul and here are a few things I've noticed, not by the car itself, but the overall driving situation that different down south vs in the Turkish New York. Throughout my whole stay, I did about the first half the driving (km's wise) I've done in the city until I left for the roadtrip (60% istanbul / 40% down south), definitely felt like in the US where you need a car to get around there, plus hills, those fuckers get you tired fast when you go for a walk in a 90 degree weather. Best part about in that area, lot of the main roads are twisties :fuckyeah: kind of like Cali canyons.

Driving there is a lot more chill than in the city. I'm talking North VA (when there's no traffic) vs Manhattan. Cause I noticed it when I got back and asked my self, how did I cope driving here almost everyday for 5 months? :mindblown:

Also I will never complain about driving in DC nor the area because it really isn't THAT bad and I grew up with that traffic when I went on a school "bus", with the exception when people :rage: at me when I simply honk to warn. People there get :triggered: more than in Istanbul, not to mention Istanbul used to be like that growing up.

My parents are thinking about getting a house down in that town too, cause they started to get tired of the city, plus some of their friends moved there along with a few of mine. Also re-connected one of my elementary school friends.
:notbad:
Where were you down south? Not that I'll recognize the name of the town, but just curious.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am I just got back from Istanbul and here are a few things I've noticed, not by the car itself, but the overall driving situation that different down south vs in the Turkish New York. Throughout my whole stay, I did about the first half the driving (km's wise) I've done in the city until I left for the roadtrip (60% istanbul / 40% down south), definitely felt like in the US where you need a car to get around there, plus hills, those fuckers get you tired fast when you go for a walk in a 90 degree weather. Best part about in that area, lot of the main roads are twisties :fuckyeah: kind of like Cali canyons.

Where were you down south? Not that I'll recognize the name of the town, but just curious.
Bodrum or should I say Halicarnassus, also I listened to Kos Island's radio there :fuckyeah:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:41 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am

Bodrum or should I say Halicarnassus, also I listened to Kos Island's radio there :fuckyeah:
:neat:
Guess I did recognize the name! :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Hai folks!!

I have trolled the :plac: finds thread with the following, so time to copy pasta. This can also be my next car/can't make my mind up thread as well :hue:

------

As some of you know, once I get back to the states I am dead set on a g20 m340i (CPO) due to ideal price range. $49k on 6k-7k miles for instance. Saddle interior with either mineral white or blooo for a real color. X-drive or RWD, doesn't matter knowing you can whip the tail out with the xdrive as well. Will get snow tires either way. Then eventually an NB miata :manuel: once the upcoming spring hits, but that depends on how used cars pricing would be.

2nd option m2 comp :manuel: , which will be quite a stretch, but with the downpayment I have on hand mostly from what I got from my GTI, that will land me just $110-150 dollhairs more on monthly payments than my GTI. I have mixed feelings about having that car as a daily.
Pros:
- Manual
- More fun and engaging
- More street "cred"
- Depreciates less than the m340i (holds value with the apocalypse) (which means better trade in value for my next car after that which I recently I kept my eye in... see below cons)
Cons:
- Insurance is more expensive assumingly (ie. 2 door, manual, inline 6)
- More moola on maintenance down the road, because ///M
- Racekar suspension = teeth shattering ride in my neck of the woods, not ideal for a daily
- Manual in DC traffic, though I can deal with it.
- Tad more expensive than my ideal price range although it is doable.
- Definitely would not drive it in the snow, definitely require a winter beater, though I can borrow my parents car if I need to but still a bit inconvenient.
- Outdated interior :whocares: in Max's translation: Ancient.

The following :plac: move that I'm highly considering in a few years is the :jeep: JL Rubicunt 392 for daily/offroad/jeep thangs, starting at $75k, NGH atleast for the next couple of years. Then perhaps a :manuel: toy, like a 370z nismo, :meata: , Cayman GTS, if money isn't truly an object, fuck it and get a GT4. But I'd have to figure out what to do with picking which Cayman in particular so I can choose accordingly.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

When you moving back ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:44 am Hai folks!!

I have trolled the :plac: finds thread with the following, so time to copy pasta. This can also be my next car/can't make my mind up thread as well :hue:

------

As some of you know, once I get back to the states I am dead set on a g20 m340i (CPO) due to ideal price range. $49k on 6k-7k miles for instance. Saddle interior with either mineral white or blooo for a real color. X-drive or RWD, doesn't matter knowing you can whip the tail out with the xdrive as well. Will get snow tires either way. Then eventually an NB miata :manuel: once the upcoming spring hits, but that depends on how used cars pricing would be.

2nd option m2 comp :manuel: , which will be quite a stretch, but with the downpayment I have on hand mostly from what I got from my GTI, that will land me just $110-150 dollhairs more on monthly payments than my GTI. I have mixed feelings about having that car as a daily.
Pros:
- Manual
- More fun and engaging
- More street "cred"
- Depreciates less than the m340i (holds value with the apocalypse) (which means better trade in value for my next car after that which I recently I kept my eye in... see below cons)
Cons:
- Racekar suspension = teeth shattering ride in my neck of the woods, not ideal for a daily
- Definitely would not drive it in the snow, definitely require a winter beater, though I can borrow my parents car if I need to but still a bit inconvenient.

The following :plac: move that I'm highly considering in a few years is the :jeep: JL Rubicunt 392 for daily/offroad/jeep thangs, starting at $75k, NGH atleast for the next couple of years. Then perhaps a :manuel: toy, like a 370z nismo, :meata: , Cayman GTS, if money isn't truly an object, fuck it and get a GT4. But I'd have to figure out what to do with picking which Cayman in particular so I can choose accordingly.
:iono: man, I think an M340i at $40-50K is a pretty bad call. That is a car that will cost you almost $1K/month in depreciation... you could lease some seriously hot metal for that.

M2 would be pretty sweet, or an M235/240 for ~$25K if you want to go :scrooge:

I think the G20 would be a good car, but it's just not worth the MASSIVE actual cost to own. Maybe look into a lease takeover like Max did on his 335i if that's your cup of tea.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:09 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:44 am Hai folks!!

------

Pros:
- Manual
- More fun and engaging
- More street "cred"
Cons:

:iono: man, I think an M340i at $40-50K is a pretty bad call. That is a car that will cost you almost $1K/month in depreciation... you could lease some seriously hot metal for that.

M2 would be pretty sweet, or an M235/240 for ~$25K if you want to go :scrooge:

I think the G20 would be a good car, but it's just not worth the MASSIVE actual cost to own. Maybe look into a lease takeover like Max did on his 335i if that's your cup of tea.
lease takeover would've been :notbad: as I have toyed with that idea. But nothing from :crang: list at this point (except in new york/new jersey). m240i would be a happy medium in my book, :manuel: , more budget friendly, same engine as the m340i. More nimbler. F30's have been quite a turn off for me for only one particular area, and that would be the numb steering. I have a buddy with the m340i and he has already taken to dealer twice for the x-drive diff, but also hoons the shit out of it as well. The new m340i is definitely out of the question due to :troywax: If I get a banging :dill: on the new gen around $43k out the door, I'm all over it.

Also as for lease takeover, I wouldn't mind derping around in this, 21k mileage allowance for little over a year? don't mind if I do.
https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/somers ... 39147.html

edit: no out of state transfer :sad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now this price is :ludacris: for the amount of miles, you can literally get $5k more for 35k miles

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-s ... -2-series/
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:05 am When you moving back ?
August 23 is when I'm "moving" back.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I on second hand, decide to estimate the lease via site. m340i and m2c are vastly different. I did the following: $5k down, 36 months and 15k miles per year.

m340i xdrive with the way I spec'd it: $61,720, turns out 456.41/month :mindblown: though I have heard this before. Then tried the m2c, result was $806.05/month, also $60,445 on how I spec'd it. I know the 3 is more of a volume seller
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:49 am I on second hand, decide to estimate the lease via site. m340i and m2c are vastly different. I did the following: $5k down, 36 months and 15k miles per year.

m340i xdrive with the way I spec'd it: $61,720, turns out 456.41/month :mindblown: though I have heard this before. Then tried the m2c, result was $806.05/month, also $60,445 on how I spec'd it. I know the 3 is more of a volume seller
What's funny is it should be the other way around based on simple depreciation :math:

When it comes to the 3 series, it's a lease or buy used only car, IMO. M2C wouldn't be a bad buy, they don't seem to depreciate too much if you can swing the $60K. That is a lot of money :doe: ...

Given all that you're looking at, I would probably purchase a used just-an-M2 for high thirties and call it a day.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:33 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:49 am I on second hand, decide to estimate the lease via site. m340i and m2c are vastly different. I did the following: $5k down, 36 months and 15k miles per year.

What's funny is it should be the other way around based on simple depreciation :math:

When it comes to the 3 series, it's a lease or buy used only car, IMO. M2C wouldn't be a bad buy, they don't seem to depreciate too much if you can swing the $60K. That is a lot of money :doe: ...

Given all that you're looking at, I would probably purchase a used just-an-M2 for high thirties and call it a day.
Slightly used m2 is where I’d go also. Save 15k over new and call it a day. I recommend the :manuel: the dct isn’t great
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 am

Slightly used m2 is where I’d go also. Save 15k over new and call it a day. I recommend the :manuel: the dct isn’t great
Way better resale down the line as well... ain't no used buyers wanting ze auto.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

You're :notwrong: $60k is literally 1 step away from living in a trailer park with a nice car, and that's not ok. Besides I knew the M2C is a no go.

The previous m2 is just as quick as the new cars (ie. m340 rwd). Some :tuna: and few bits I can tinker, etc. depreciates slower too.
It all comes down to f87 m2 aka previous or m340i lease only. If I go with the lease route I'm not really gaining anything, but I'm also not taking placprofit either.
Lease obviously means no mawds, and have to take careful look at the mileage as well, never leased before and never have been a fan as I used to drive a lot. The lowest BMW accepts is 30 months so 2.5 years. This also calls for homework, but I have time until then.

Upon further browsing on truecars, the cheapest one is literally $41k (from one of those used cars places), while the most is $44k-$60, thats what aspired me to choose the m340 since I have found slightly used within that price range, not that it's happening now.

I may be :crang: but I also care about comfort, comfort being suspension, etc. As real M cars are concerned, M2 is a definite yes, M2C is a maybe to a hard no, other M cars in the market... absolutely not. I'd love me a :manuel: g80 m3 doe, that front end be damned.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm

You're :notwrong: $60k is literally 1 step away from living in a trailer park with a nice car, and that's not ok. Besides I knew the M2C is a no go.

The previous m2 is just as quick as the new cars (ie. m340 rwd). Some :tuna: and few bits I can tinker, etc. depreciates slower too.
It all comes down to f87 m2 aka previous or m340i lease only. If I go with the lease route I'm not really gaining anything, but I'm also not taking placprofit either.
Lease obviously means no mawds, and have to take careful look at the mileage as well, never leased before and never have been a fan as I used to drive a lot. The lowest BMW accepts is 30 months so 2.5 years. This also calls for homework, but I have time until then.

Upon further browsing on truecars, the cheapest one is literally $41k (from one of those used cars places), while the most is $44k-$60, thats what aspired me to choose the m340 since I have found slightly used within that price range, not that it's happening now.

I may be :crang: but I also care about comfort, comfort being suspension, etc. As real M cars are concerned, M2 is a definite yes, M2C is a maybe to a hard no, other M cars in the market... absolutely not. I'd love me a :manuel: g80 m3 doe, that front end be damned.
F80 might be cheaper than an M2 and gives you :manuel: and a ton of performance, plus a bit more practicality.

:iono: I mean, you do you, but the G30 just seems like a ton of money to me for something that isn't really that exciting. Do those sport the classic :225: front tires for understeer hell?
max225

You’re currently driving things that have engines smaller than a coke bottle. How much power do you want ?

First gen m2 with the non m motor is probably where id place my bets at 38-40k.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:55 pm

You’re currently driving things that have engines smaller than a coke bottle. How much power do you want ?

First gen m2 with the non m motor is probably where id place my bets at 38-40k.
:hue: :notwrong: it's the taxes here that forced me to drive slow shitboxes. Now anything 2 liter and above has a tax that 220% more than the cost of the car (except for trucks like Rangers, Hilux'es etc.) . A new GTI would cost around $80k, Golf R $110k. I could've easily buy 2-3 decent apartments in Istanbul for that money. A 218i GC cost just as much as m2c does here. g20 320i, costs as much as the new m3/m4.

The thing is most cars around me are 70-100 hp, while the luxo barges makes about the same power as the base accord and the like. Driving my Clio does not even feel slow, and people here think my car is quick :lol: If I drive that car in the US, I can definitely feel that it's underpowered and also the cars around me as well, being 160 hp at slowest. People here tend to take off slower as well and I don't even need to mash the throttle to get ahead, also good passing power as well. It's truly is a weird perception when you really think about it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:54 pm

F80 might be cheaper than an M2 and gives you :manuel: and a ton of performance, plus a bit more practicality.

:iono: I mean, you do you, but the G20 just seems like a ton of money to me for something that isn't really that exciting. Do those sport the classic :225: front tires for understeer hell?
*Fixed, g30 is the 5 series and I'm not :wap:

Also the tire specs are 225 front, 255 rear. I haz plans to get 245 up front. Now I know the reason why the 340 is marketed as m is because it only come out as an M (I mean fake) sport variant, that alone actually dictates the choice of color as opposed to the 330i, down to teeth. Unlike the f30 which is optional in that regard.

I hear good things about the steering for the current gen, which has been a gripe for me in the f30.

sadly f80 is also even more expensive unless I roll the dice of a 50k mileage example that reaches my ideal range and :troywax: the shit out of maintenance. I guess it's time to pay a visit to BMW forums.

I basically want the practicality of a 4 door, although I have dealt having people in and out of my 2 door :turboyaris: a lot from time to time.
Not boring to drive, I never tracked even if I plan to, take it to some curvy twisty runs. While the racekar suspension is :nice: but not so much in the nations capital.

Basically out of the new barge
I can deal with if stick is the ultimate goal
f30 340 manuel
f87 m240 manuel
first m2 (I just call it an M2, since the current is the competition, so it's m2c in my book) manuel

m2c feels like I can live with some financial compromise, but no never again. Reminds me of going back to :turboyaris: days.
Leasing the m340i may seem like "saving" money for the start, but what would happen its time for a new car to :plac: after that since I can't really trade in unless the downpayment is out of pocket.
My parents friend used to work in a local BMW dealership that has helped my moms e60 lease and f10 535i financing in the past, now works in a BMW dealer in Charlotte. I could possibly work through it to see whats out there, good viable options.
But I have 7-8 weeks left till I actually need a car, and I do look out for used car values like a hawk in case what changes and whatnot.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I am at a point to say, fuck the new banger. The best thing I can do is to see whats available when the time comes to my liking in terms my ideal budget. Thats pretty much it at this point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:25 am I am at a point to say, fuck the new banger. The best thing I can do is to see whats available when the time comes to my liking in terms my ideal budget. Thats pretty much it at this point.
Yeah I would wait as long as possible, things might get a bit less :fullretard: with used prices.

I will die on my M2 hill for you in this situation.

If you can get a :dill: on a new M340 lease that could be dece as well if you're cool with the cashola outlay.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

If I wanted a Beemer i'd probably consider the M2 or M3 for the extra doors, Max's lease game is strong, pump it and dump it a year or two later. We have a program called leasebusters.com that's cool to keep an eye on if shopping for leases in the Canadian market. Pretty hit and miss :doe:

Just had a quick look, man those are some lofty lease payments. M cars are 2x pleb spec, I'll probably shelf that idea until my midlife crisis.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am If I wanted a Beemer i'd probably consider the M2 or M3 for the extra doors, Max's lease game is strong, pump it and dump it a year or two later. We have a program called leasebusters.com that's cool to keep an eye on if shopping for leases in the Canadian market. Pretty hit and miss :doe:

Just had a quick look, man those are some lofty lease payments. M cars are 2x pleb spec, I'll probably shelf that idea until my midlife crisis.
BMW pricing is very odd. The pleb models are still really expensive to buy new and depreciate a shit ton but lease pretty well. Real M cars depreciate at a far lower rate so they're pricey no matter, but at least you won't lose your ass when you :plac: Non-M cars are cheap AF used.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am If I wanted a Beemer i'd probably consider the M2 or M3 for the extra doors, Max's lease game is strong, pump it and dump it a year or two later. We have a program called leasebusters.com that's cool to keep an eye on if shopping for leases in the Canadian market. Pretty hit and miss :doe:

BMW pricing is very odd. The pleb models are still really expensive to buy new and depreciate a shit ton but lease pretty well. Real M cars depreciate at a far lower rate so they're pricey no matter, but at least you won't lose your ass when you :plac: Non-M cars are cheap AF used.
What you and :melon: , and well you again (🤣 ) are doing is clearly the best way to own a BMW. Buy a used pleb spec and throw some fun parts at it to wake the thing up a little, and forget that it even represents a badge.