Sesame Street Parking Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

So, since I'm apparently actually posting on forums again, I figured I'd make a thread to chronicle my less than exciting car history and present whips.

I started out with a 1996 Plymouth Voyager Conversion Van in high school that I'm not sure I have any decent pictures of, but I'll look around one of these days.

That was followed up with moving to a 1992 Oldsmobile 88 Royale, which was a tank of a car. You legit just couldn't kill it no matter how hard you tried.

After I got my first (and current) full time gig solving the problems of the world one phone call at a time, I promptly did what any intelligent human who was 20 years old and making :troywax: money and bought myself a brand new 2011 Volkswagen GTI.

The GTI eventually got itself some coilovers and some sharp wheels. It was also stupid low because I was stupid young.

Once the GTI hit around 100k miles, I decided it was time to move onto a more adult method of conveyance and bought a lightly-fart scened 2015 Honda Accord.

It was a solid adulting car, nothing to write home about, but comfy to drive for the hour-ish commute I had starting with the :haus: purchase in 2013. Unfortunately, the Accord started the string of what can only be describes as my period of :derp: driving history in my mid-20's.

It met it's unfortunate demise when I encountered a tree attempting to avoid a deer heading home late at night. However, that was only after a deer had run ITSELF into the car on two separate occasions, so I'm pretty sure it was actually cursed.

It was unceremoniously replaced with a 2017 Silk Blue Metallic VW Jetta that was a fine A to B car, but provided me zero in the way of excitement, but hey, it was cheap and got me where I needed to go.

It met a similarlty :derp: -y end, and (although no tree involvement this time) was replaced with the current 2019 Jetta below.

During the ownership of the Accord, I purchased my 2007 Yamaha Roadstar to get a different kind of vehicular experience.

The thing is a dream to ride if you're into a cruiser style bike. All the power and sound of a Harley at at least half the cost. I'm probably :wrong: about that if you ask anyone who owns a Harley :doe:

The most recent acquisition is :tits: 2009 Honda Shadow so that we can have something to do during the summer of quarantine. :thankstrump: for the TrumpBux.

The 2019 Jetta is actually a marked improvement over the 2017 in my opinion. I don't hate driving it near as much and it does what it needs to do. It'll run forever and make a good first car for the angsty teenager of the :haus: and maybe I'll get back into something more exciting then.

Until then, it's the motorcycles to entertain me and the wife.

TLDR: Had a fun car once, no longer has fun car, is not great at the driving, rides motorcycles sometimes.

Current stable:

2019 Platinum Gray Metallic Volkswagen Jetta

2010 Basque Red Honda Crosstour (Wife's)

2007 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700 (Mine)

2009 Honda Shadow 750 (Wife's)

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Is the Crosstour a V6?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm Is the Crosstour a V6?
It is. It's overall a :notbad: car.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:17 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm Is the Crosstour a V6?
I always liked them.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:17 pm

I always liked them.
Wife felt the same about it. I was meh on it until we went and test drove. It's actually pretty peppy with the V6. Only issue we had was some oil consumption with the VCM, but we installed a VCM muzzler and stopped that problem.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:notbad: for a fleet. I wouldn't mind having a meh daily as my only car if I bike or MTB and such.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm :notbad: for a fleet. I wouldn't mind having a meh daily as my only car if I bike or MTB and such.
I certainly can't complain a ton. I've got a brand new car with reasonable safety features and a toy for the weekends.

I think I'd like to add a Mini or a Miata at some point in the next year or two, but we'll see what the economy looks like and how much use the bikes get.

I just got mine professionally detailed and ceramic coated. I'll add some recent pictures of it when I get a day off.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm :notbad: for a fleet. I wouldn't mind having a meh daily as my only car if I bike or MTB and such.
I certainly can't complain a ton. I've got a brand new car with reasonable safety features and a toy for the weekends.

I think I'd like to add a Mini or a Miata at some point in the next year or two, but we'll see what the economy looks like and how much use the bikes get.

I just got mine professionally detailed and ceramic coated. I'll add some recent pictures of it when I get a day off.
:waxer:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm

:troywax: actually.

Only $100 for the detail and ceramic coating. I was shocked it was so cheap. Pays to live in the middle of nowhere.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:notbad:
I would absolutely grab a miata for a fun toy. Perhaps a :poorvette:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm
max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Only $100 for the detail and ceramic coating. I was shocked it was so cheap. Pays to live in the middle of nowhere.
:notsure:
The parts cost alone is $30-40
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

:notsure:
The parts cost alone is $30-40
He's a super small shop. No other employees. I'm guessing is overhead is super low? I dunno. Looks great. He's been around for years.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm

I would absolutely grab a miata for a fun toy. Perhaps a :poorvette:
I've never miata'd and I'm told every car guy needs to at least once. :poorvette: is under consideration. I'd have grabbed :melon: 's had my finances been right.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Boxster
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pmBoxster
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Miata Is Always The Answer unless you can afford a Corvette or Porsche.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Roadstar got a detailing and ceramic coating.

New foot pegs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

no saddle bags?
brain go brrrrrr
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:no saddle bags?
They’re there. No couch would be complete without saddlebags.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Welp. Had a minor, unscheduled meeting with a road surface on the saddlebagger.

Damage doesn't look horribad, but it's a 13 year old bike. So I'm :notsure: if totaled or not.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Just glad you're ok!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:Just glad you're ok!
Thanks man!

Heard from insurance today, not totaled. Only $1,800 to $2,200 in damages.

wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:30 pm
wap wrote:Just glad you're ok!
Thanks man!

Heard from insurance today, not totaled. Only $1,800 to $2,200 in damages.

:like: :like:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Got bad news from the insurance bros on Monday. Bike actually had 6K in damages. :mindblown:

So it'll be a total loss. Won't be replacing it with another two wheeler directly. On the hunt for a miata or something else fun I believe. The teen of the house starts driving next year, so having a 3rd car will be more useful to us than two motorbikes.
wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:50 am Got bad news from the insurance bros on Monday. Bike actually had 6K in damages. :mindblown:

So it'll be a total loss. Won't be replacing it with another two wheeler directly. On the hunt for a miata or something else fun I believe. The teen of the house starts driving next year, so having a 3rd car will be more useful to us than two motorbikes.
Dang.

:excited: to see what you end up buying.
:popcorn: