:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

My 2018 GTI SE was $32,8 MSRP.

Came with PP, Sunroof, DSG, :plaid: seats, lighting package, etc.

Some of price creep is inflation. Other creep is just “optional packages” being included standard and the price reflects that.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:10 pm

In 2015 and 2016, 2 doors did exist, they just didn't sell well. I remember searching for mk7's before I bought mine and they used to be a $1,000 as far as I recall. I know mk7.5 has changed with option choices, etc. My SE with non-PP (didn't came out at the time) nor DCC or adaptive cruise, got her $30,900 otd.
What was the sticker :doe: not what you paid?

My 2 door mk6 TDI with NO options other than DSGAY was over 25k.

I don't think there was THAT much price creep in the GTIs, maybe 3k or so when you compare apples to apples. But yes obviously :plaid: seats 2 door manual with no buttons on the steering wheel doesn't exist today. OH THE HUMANITY
It was exactly :dat: the mk7's were new in the market, with 1.99 interest for 66 months. Also whats bolded is basically mk6's. Even the poverty HU is touchscreen now, just no carplay. Also mine had Lightning Pack which I forgot to note as well
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:truckyeah:

Did a Menards run and loaded the following in the Blue Meanie this afternoon.

A bag of grass seed
8 3ft lengths of gutter leaf guards
3 bags of mulch
4 bags of top soil
45 stone landscape retaining blocks

Didn't even need to fold down the rear seat. :impressive:

Who needs a :truk: ;)

Made for :impressive: reverse rake, :doe: . :lol: Those blocks are heavy.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 pm :truckyeah:

Did a Menards run and loaded the following in the Blue Meanie this afternoon.

A bag of grass seed
8 3ft lengths of gutter leaf guards
3 bags of mulch
4 bags of top soil
45 stone landscape retaining blocks

Didn't even need to fold down the rear seat. :impressive:

Who needs a :truk: ;)

Made for :impressive: reverse rake, :doe: . :lol: Those blocks are heavy.
:dat: and some :truk: carolina squatted drivers wouldn't even bother going to winery gravels because it's too expensive to get it dirty. Yes we have those white privilege truck owners here in Nova that does this.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

:hai:
Haven't updated this :bread: in a while. Took the car in today for 3 year scheduled maintenance. Brake fluid, VAQ fluid, and earl changed. Passenger side grab handle replaced under warranty after it went :flaccid: for no reason.
:whocares:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 pm
it was news to me that DSG's are N/C now and there haven't been 2 doors in Murica for a few years now.
VW ditched the 2 doors for the US market for 2017 and up, because lack of sales.
And the vape bro market wept.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:14 pm :hai:
Haven't updated this :bread: in a while. Took the car in today for 3 year scheduled maintenance. Brake fluid, VAQ fluid, and earl changed. Passenger side grab handle replaced under warranty after it went :flaccid: for no reason.
Was it free ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm

VW ditched the 2 doors for the US market for 2017 and up, because lack of sales.
And the vape bro market wept.
Now the subawuu may subject to ditch the wrx, what will be left. What Would The Vape Bros Do Now!!!!!!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ok :notbad: my HPFP took shit before it even reached its 2nd year :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The two door hatch I miss the most is the Civic from the 90s, that car was outstanding for visibility, laughably narrow pillars and glass for days.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 pm
Was it free ?
No. Got my last free oil change last year. The total was $350-ish. Forgot to bring my bill in to work today so I forget the details, but the brake fluid was around $120-ish, the dif fluid was $140-ish and the oil was around $60. :notbad: really, if you axe me. Grab handle R&R was free, and the "multi-point inspection" :bs: was free, too. :dillerman: is under new ownershit but I found out that I still could have gotten a loaner if I called a little farther in advance. Service tech, an ex-Audi guy, gave me his cell number and told me to call him direct the next time I need to bring it in and he'll get me set up with a loaner. :notbad:
max225

wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:17 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 pm

Was it free ?
No. Got my last free oil change last year. The total was $350-ish. Forgot to bring my bill in to work today so I forget the details, but the brake fluid was around $120-ish, the dif fluid was $140-ish and the oil was around $60. :notbad: really, if you axe me. Grab handle R&R was free, and the "multi-point inspection" :bs: was free, too. :dillerman: is under new ownershit but I found out that I still could have gotten a loaner if I called a little farther in advance. Service tech, an ex-Audi guy, gave me his cell number and told me to call him direct the next time I need to bring it in and he'll get me set up with a loaner. :notbad:
Wow those are very reasonable prices and great service if you axe me
wap

max225 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:02 am
wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:17 am
Wow those are very reasonable prices and great service if you axe me
Agreed. No complaints here.

I do have a minor issue that I noticed more than a year ago. It's a slight knocking, speed dependent, that I can't locate. It doesn't happen when I turn the wheel so I don't think it's a CV joint. Told the tech about it. Thought it might be a bearing, warped rotor, or maybe a sticking caliper. Perfect opportunity for them to sell me a repair. Instead, they said they couldn't find anything wrong but noticed that I had some cupping on my tars. I was pleased that they opted to tell me I didn't need any additional work, and they didn't try to sell me a set of tires. No :crang: shenannigans. I kind of thought of it as a little test that they passed. :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I dId oil, brake fluid, cabin filter and a new fog light housing in the BMW on Sunday. It was all enjoyable except for the cabin filter, which is underneath the glove box and requires a younger body than I possess. I had removed all the RAMZ to have 3 curbed ones (woman driver damage) repaired, which is now $160 per RAM. Put it all back together and took it to the body shop for a rear bumper repair (also woman driver damage).
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am
I dId oil, brake fluid, cabin filter and a new fog light housing in the BMW on Sunday. It was all enjoyable except for the cabin filter, which is underneath the glove box and requires a younger body than I possess. I had removed all the RAMZ to have 3 curbed ones (woman driver damage) repaired, which is now $160 per RAM. Put it all back together and took it to the body shop for a rear bumper repair (also woman driver damage).
:rolleyes: :tits: driving skillz
wap

So at the :tubeman: yesterday I did some walking around their lot. Their inventory was :jalepenis: . A few Atlas's, a couple Tiguans, a couple Jetta's. No Taos, no Mk8 GTI's (or Mk7's for that matter). No ID4s, nada. They had a big display wall with Monroney labels of incoming inventory, which I had never seen before and thought was interesting. A couple of GTI's, a couple Jetta's, a few Taos's, but mostly Atlas's and Tig's. :| :( It's a :gag: reality for car guys.
max225

wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 pm So at the :tubeman: yesterday I did some walking around their lot. Their inventory was :jalepenis: . A few Atlas's, a couple Tiguans, a couple Jetta's. No Taos, no Mk8 GTI's (or Mk7's for that matter). No ID4s, nada. They had a big display wall with Monroney labels of incoming inventory, which I had never seen before and thought was interesting. A couple of GTI's, a couple Jetta's, a few Taos's, but mostly Atlas's and Tig's. :| :( It's a :gag: reality for car guys.
I mean that's no different than normal. The GTI/R has always been a slow seller. Same goes with every "enthusiast" car. The vast majority want beige pods that are puke resistant.

We all have pocketed views of the land. But it seems like inventories are starting to pick up out here. What used to be swaths of empty front and back lots is now more like FULL front lots and still empty back lots.
Last edited by max225 on Tue May 24, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am

:rolleyes: :tits: driving skillz
I did tear up the Benzo a bit so she gets a pass on the bumper. The curbed ramz though......I can't deal with that shit.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:29 pm
wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 pm So at the :tubeman: yesterday I did some walking around their lot. Their inventory was :jalepenis: . A few Atlas's, a couple Tiguans, a couple Jetta's. No Taos, no Mk8 GTI's (or Mk7's for that matter). No ID4s, nada. They had a big display wall with Monroney labels of incoming inventory, which I had never seen before and thought was interesting. A couple of GTI's, a couple Jetta's, a few Taos's, but mostly Atlas's and Tig's. :| :( It's a :gag: reality for car guys.
I mean that's no different than normal. The GTI/R has always been a slow seller. Same goes with every "enthusiast" car. The vast majority want beige pods that are puke resistant.

We all have pocketed views of the land. But it seems like inventories are starting to pick up out here. What used to be swaths of empty front and back lots is now more like FULL front lots and still empty back lots.
It is different than "normal" pre-VID :doe: , at this diller anyway. They ALWAYS had a hand full of GTI's, a GLI or 2, often an R, several Tig's and Atlas's, etc. And once upon a time a bunch of Golfs, GSW's, TDI's, etc. They even had a couple of ID4's last year.

Hopefully I'll see lots start to fill up here soon. :popcorn:
max225

wap wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:36 pm

It is different than "normal" pre-VID :doe: , at this diller anyway. They ALWAYS had a hand full of GTI's, a GLI or 2, often an R, several Tig's and Atlas's, etc. And once upon a time a bunch of Golfs, GSW's, TDI's, etc. They even had a couple of ID4's last year.

Yea no doubt at that. I think the sales funnel simply moved from "on the lot" to "in transit" as you've noted with that board. That part is rapidly different. But :dillerman: still sell just about the same numbers of all cars. But the "how" is very different.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Pretty much every OEM has claimed they won't return to "normal" inventory with full lots again. I :yeahsure: that, but it'll be interesting to see if that's the case.

I kind of like going into the dealer, identifying the exact vehicle I want, then waiting for it to come in. It's how Europeans have always bought cars, and makes sense. Buying the 4R was the best buying experience I've had yet, and I got the exact truck I wanted.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Pretty much every OEM has claimed they won't return to "normal" inventory with full lots again. I :yeahsure: that, but it'll be interesting to see if that's the case.

I kind of like going into the dealer, identifying the exact vehicle I want, then waiting for it to come in. It's how Europeans have always bought cars, and makes sense. Buying the 4R was the best buying experience I've had yet, and I got the exact truck I wanted.
Are car sales ever "normal"
06-08 saw people paying 5k over sticker for a fucking prius and 15k Geo Metros
08-10 saw record inventories, factory closures and lay offs, people underwater on everything
09 was CASH FOR CLUNKERS INSANITY
10-14 had all these incentives 0% etc etc and super low sales
15-20 I suppose was "normal", yet 2019+ saw the .com useless fucks burning money left and right "disrupting" the business.
21+ has been an absolute shit show once again. I don't see anything being "normal" in this business. And that's just my summary of owning/buying cars in the last 18 years.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm

08-10 saw record inventories, factory closures and lay offs, people underwater on everything
15-20 I suppose was "normal", yet 2019+ saw the .com useless fucks burning money left and right "disrupting" the business.
21+ has been an absolute shit show once again. I don't see anything being "normal" in this business. And that's just my summary of owning/buying cars in the last 18 years.
I was just referring to inventory. Where there's a ton of units rotting on a lot to pick between and drive off in on the same day, that's been the case for decades. This new no inventory situation is indeed new, and OEMs CLAIM those days are done, but :notsure: if demand ever dries up.

The industry has always been a mess in total, agreed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:30 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:26 pm
I was just referring to inventory. Where there's a ton of units rotting on a lot to pick between and drive off in on the same day, that's been the case for decades. This new no inventory situation is indeed new, and OEMs CLAIM those days are done, but :notsure: if demand ever dries up.

My biggest issue with the industry now is that the entire car "release/reveal" pricess has shifted YEARS into the future. It's like we see a prototype and a pre order process at least 2+ years before being able to physically get the vehicle... I don't think OEMs ever released/revealed products this early before mass production.
I.E When can one buy a new F150 lightning... the most popular vehicle in the US of A. Probably 2+ years out... at the least from the reveal.

Reveal was exactly 1 year ago... haven't seen any anywhere... and you can't buy a 22 model year... :wtf:

Also :yeahok: on the 39,995 price point
Last edited by max225 on Tue May 24, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:30 pm

My biggest issue with the industry now is that the entire car "release/reveal" pricess has shifted YEARS into the future. It's like we see a prototype and a pre order process at least 2+ years before being able to physically get the vehicle... I don't think OEMs ever released/revealed products this early before mass production.
I.E When can one buy a new F150 lightning... the most popular vehicle in the US of A. Probably 2+ years out... at the least from the reveal.

Reveal was exactly 1 year ago... haven't seen any anywhere... and you can't buy a 22 model year... :wtf:
Thank your lord and savior Elon for that.