:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm We're supposed to tip at a coffee shop?
Most of these folks are bringing in minimum wage or damn close to it and rely on tips to make ends meet so, yes.

I always tip a dollar per person.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I don't remember the last time I went into a coffee shop, but this is good etiquette to note. :scrooge:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 pm I don't remember the last time I went into a coffee shop, but this is good etiquette to note. :scrooge:
6+ months for me... :yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 pm I don't remember the last time I went into a coffee shop, but this is good etiquette to note. :scrooge:
Years+ for me. I make fine coffee at home for a fraction of the price.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Eh, I was out and about and passed by her place. It was hot out and I had a taste for iced coffee. She's trying really hard to make a go of it in this shitty business climate and she has a very nice little shop so I wanted to give her some business and a :wasteful: tip. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 pm
Eh, I was out and about and passed by her place. It was hot out and I had a taste for iced coffee. She's trying really hard to make a go of it in this shitty business climate and she has a very nice little shop so I wanted to give her some business and a :wasteful: tip. :iono:
Love it! That's why I frequent certain establishments...to keep them rolling.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:11 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Exactly!

She makes some excellent savory crepes so we go there for brunch every now and then. She also serves pastries from a local bakery and has gelato as well. 5/7 cozy little place.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:11 pm
Exactly!

She makes some excellent savory crepes so we go there for brunch every now and then. She also serves pastries from a local bakery and has gelato as well. 5/7 cozy little place.
There's a crepe place in downtown TC that has savory crepes on the menu. I'd like to try them soon, never had savory crepes...I'm not a huge fan of sweet crepes, so savory could work :notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Exactly!

There's a crepe place in downtown TC that has savory crepes on the menu. I'd like to try them soon, never had savory crepes...I'm not a huge fan of sweet crepes, so savory could work :notbad:
I'm a savory man 9 times out of ten, but I will concede respect for the banana/nutella crepe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:44 pm
I'm a savory man 9 times out of ten, but I will concede respect for the banana/nutella crepe.
I don't like crepes because I feel like they're a lot of cost for minimal reward. They're good, but not THAT good. $10 for a paper thin pancake with some nutella smeared on it and a few banana slices just doesn't compute when I could split a froyo with the wife for half the price and enjoy it for longer.

BUT part of that is my overall meh toward sweets.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Good crêpes are awesome. I don't know if I've ever had a good one in the US.
wap

Exactly!

:notbad:
My favorite is scrambled eggs, mushrooms, cheese, ham, and spinach. She adds a touch of vinaigrette to it and it's :muah:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:44 pm

I don't like crepes because I feel like they're a lot of cost for minimal reward. They're good, but not THAT good. $10 for a paper thin pancake with some nutella smeared on it and a few banana slices just doesn't compute when I could split a froyo with the wife for half the price and enjoy it for longer.

Banana nutella crepes used to be had all day for just a couple Euro in Paris last time I was there. I wonder what they are now. :mahtroy: , do you :member: what crepes from a street vendor cost when you were there?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Banana nutella crepes used to be had all day for just a couple Euro in Paris last time I was there. I wonder what they are now. :mahtroy: , do you :member: what crepes from a street vendor cost when you were there?
Well, that's France...crepes seem to be considered fancy here for some reason.

Last time I was in Paris was 15 years ago, and yea banana nutella crepes were just a few euros.
max225

$10 Nutella crepes ? Wtf

https://yelp.to/qTKq/oeZbGPnRZ9

Way cheaper here
max225

Same price in communist Europe
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Well, that's France...crepes seem to be considered fancy here for some reason.

Last time I was in Paris was 15 years ago, and yea banana nutella crepes were just a few euros.
Yea I was just trying to point out that it's :ludacris: for them to be so 'spensive here.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:29 pm Same price in communist Europe
:impressive: that you know the price of crepes in Belarus. :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Ive never been a fan of starbucks so those are usually :nope: for me. I'm a regular at peets, which is a chain based in Berkeley Cali, and we have a bunch around mid Atlantic and perhaps NY. Most of them are still closed or only take out thanks to 'rona. In the otherside of the pond however, as far as places are open like restaurants, retail stores, and coffee places things are back to normal in that department.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Wap, one place I can totally recommend for coffee in your neck of the woods is 4 letter word coffee, which you saw on my snaps as they also have one in my shithole dictatorial land (1 of 2). I'm definitely stopping by there if I ever visit to chiraq, I miss it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:43 pm Wap, one place I can totally recommend for coffee in your neck of the woods is 4 letter word coffee, which you saw on my snaps as they also have one in my shithole dictatorial land (1 of 2). I'm definitely stopping by there if I ever visit to chiraq, I miss it.
Never heard of it. Looks :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm $10 Nutella crepes ? Wtf

Way cheaper here
$8.50 is "way cheaper" than $10?

:notsure:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:16 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm $10 Nutella crepes ? Wtf

Way cheaper here
$8.50 is "way cheaper" than $10?

:notsure:
IF $8.50 yes... still a fair amount cheaper. But i seem to remember them being cheaper... who knows minimum wage is $15 an hr closer to $20 in this town... So yea.

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:56 pm Good crêpes are awesome. I don't know if I've ever had a good one in the US.
We had a crepe stand in Aventura Mall back in Florida and it was 5/7. Never had a decent one anywhere else tho
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Ive never been a fan of starbucks so those are usually :nope: for me. I'm a regular at peets, which is a chain based in Berkeley Cali, and we have a bunch around mid Atlantic and perhaps NY. Most of them are still closed or only take out thanks to 'rona. In the otherside of the pond however, as far as places are open like restaurants, retail stores, and coffee places things are back to normal in that department.
Good times were had when we hung out at the “meat at peets” or “peets meats” before heading to drive or NovaDubs meets.

:sad:

I really miss Virginia. I don’t know why but I do.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.