:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:20 pm

Yea :truk: s are somewhat exempt from this due to the towing specific mirror designs as mentioned.

Mk7 mirrors were smaller/worse compared to mk6 or maybe I’m misremembering. But that was one thing that I noticed right away when driving the mk7 R
MK6 was one of those cars I couldn't adjust all the way out. There was a large black bezel surrounding the mirror, and on the tip it actually thickened up, which blocked the farthest extreme of the mirror. I actually swapped the mirror out for a convex euro model, and that bezel still got in the way and the mirror was worthless.

Then oddly, my MKV was fine.
As always :dock: I just remembered that I did the exact same mirror mod. The mk7 mirror tapers even more towards the end and is even smaller.
max225

Left mk7 right mk6
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm
MK6 was one of those cars I couldn't adjust all the way out. There was a large black bezel surrounding the mirror, and on the tip it actually thickened up, which blocked the farthest extreme of the mirror. I actually swapped the mirror out for a convex euro model, and that bezel still got in the way and the mirror was worthless.

Then oddly, my MKV was fine.
As always :dock: I just remembered that I did the exact same mirror mod. The mk7 mirror tapers even more towards the end and is even smaller.
I've actually never driven an MK7. :doomed: :ban:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:42 pm Image

Left mk7 right mk6
:yikes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:43 pm
Yes you have all same thing since mk5 🤪
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:howdareu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh right.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:54 pm

:lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I don’t recall ever driving a GTI.

Reptar did let me test drive an R.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:03 pm I don’t recall ever driving a GTI.

Thoughts on the :gorf: ?
wap

Shit. It's 3:15 and I just realized I haven't heard from :dillerman: yet.
:hibachi:

Gonna give him until 3:30 then I'll text him.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:16 pm Shit. It's 3:15 and I just realized I haven't heard from :dillerman: yet.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:03 pm I don’t recall ever driving a GTI.

It was a used MKVI R. Made fun noises, plenty of rear seat room for :baby: and :doge:
:manuel: had some aftermarket pieces on it so it shifted very nicely. All in all it wasn’t a bad piece of kit.
A pretty fun car to drive, it scooted along nicely.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:15 pm

It was a used MKVI R. Made fun noises, plenty of rear seat room for :baby: and :doge:
:manuel: had some aftermarket pieces on it so it shifted very nicely. All in all it wasn’t a bad piece of kit.
A pretty fun car to drive, it scooted along nicely.
:nice:
I understand Mk7 R's are a significant improvement over the Mk6 ARRR.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:16 pm Shit. It's 3:15 and I just realized I haven't heard from :dillerman: yet.

Silence. Gonna call him soon. :|
wap

Called him. Got his voicemail. Left him a message. His VM message mentioned a different number to text him at. Did so. It's 4:40. Gonna call the dillershit service number at 5:00. I'm getting ready to go home soon. I'd like to know exactly where I'm going, straight home or to the :dillerman: . Shouldn't be this hard.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:40 pm Called him. Got his voicemail. Left him a message. His VM message mentioned a different number to text him at. Did so. It's 4:40. Gonna call the dillershit service number at 5:00. I'm getting ready to go home soon. I'd like to know exactly where I'm going, straight home or to the :dillerman: . Shouldn't be this hard.
Called the diller number and got transferred to his extension, which of course went to voicemail. While I was listening to his VM message I got a text from him, so I hung up:
Good afternoon WAP. I apologize, I was in a meeting. We actually have to order another sensor for the vehicle, which I should have tomorrow. We replaced the crash sensor for the airbag light. After the replacement of that, we are having a fault in the other sensor now. I should have it here tomorrow, and barring any problems, should have it done tomorrow afternoon.
In a subsequent text he said he was in a 3 hour meeting. :yeahok:
Kinda :| , but at least this isn't costing me anything and I have a loaner so not a big deal overall.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:59 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:40 pm Called him. Got his voicemail. Left him a message. His VM message mentioned a different number to text him at. Did so. It's 4:40. Gonna call the dillershit service number at 5:00. I'm getting ready to go home soon. I'd like to know exactly where I'm going, straight home or to the :dillerman: . Shouldn't be this hard.
Called the diller number and got transferred to his extension, which of course went to voicemail. While I was listening to his VM message I got a text from him, so I hung up:
Good afternoon WAP. I apologize, I was in a meeting. We actually have to order another sensor for the vehicle, which I should have tomorrow. We replaced the crash sensor for the airbag light. After the replacement of that, we are having a fault in the other sensor now. I should have it here tomorrow, and barring any problems, should have it done tomorrow afternoon.
In a subsequent text he said he was in a 3 hour meeting. :yeahok:
Kinda :| , but at least this isn't costing me anything and I have a loaner so not a big deal overall.
Typical :notmyproblem: service. My bmw m3 was undrivable for a week and they didn’t even have loaners. 0 fuck given
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

They gave you a Passat loaner too. Which ain’t much but an appliance but it’s nicer than a Jetta.

Made in the USA!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:19 pm They gave you a Passat loaner too. Which ain’t much but an appliance but it’s nicer than a Jetta.

Made in the USA!
Yep. As I said above, I can't really complain. They gave me a car and this is all costing me free .99 so it's all good.

The Passat is :thisisfine: but really nothing special. Found the window sticker in the glove box. The damn thing is $32k! The wife's H was $8 or $9k cheaper, and better equipped. Though the Passat would probably have several thou $ on the hood, too. But man, it's just boring and non-special. The previous Passat, the last one imported here that was made in Germany, was a really nice car. Had one a couple times as loaners, once for a week, and it was seriously NICE. This one is well built and all, quiet, efficient, etc. It's just :|
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:51 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:19 pm They gave you a Passat loaner too. Which ain’t much but an appliance but it’s nicer than a Jetta.

Made in the USA!
Yep. As I said above, I can't really complain. They gave me a car and this is all costing me free .99 so it's all good.

The Passat is :thisisfine: but really nothing special. Found the window sticker in the glove box. The damn thing is $32k! The wife's H was $8 or $9k cheaper, and better equipped. Though the Passat would probably have several thou $ on the hood, too. But man, it's just boring and non-special. The previous Passat, the last one imported here that was made in Germany, was a really nice car. Had one a couple times as loaners, once for a week, and it was seriously NICE. This one is well built and all, quiet, efficient, etc. It's just :|
To be fair, your wife’s Hyundai was probably discounted because the new design was already out. Not to say that’s a bad thing, but I don’t think you’re getting a new sonata as loaded as your wifey’s for $24-26k. Maybe a mid spec?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:58 am

To be fair, your wife’s Hyundai was probably discounted because the new design was already out. Not to say that’s a bad thing, but I don’t think you’re getting a new sonata as loaded as your wifey’s for $24-26k. Maybe a mid spec?
The new one wasn't out yet, but it was <6 months from it's debut, so yea, you're probably :notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

Made in the USA!

I loved that generation Passat. Was a really nice car, I too got one as a loaner when I had my MK6 in for clutch replacement. Was a great car.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:33 am

I loved that generation Passat. Was a really nice car, I too got one as a loaner when I had my MK6 in for clutch replacement. Was a great car.
Yep. Size was Goldilocks. Not too big, not too small. Was quite lively with the 1.8T. Felt really solid, handled good, grounded to the ground ( :hue: ), etc. Available as a wagon, too. Fucking Muricanization ruined a great car.