Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

But then Toyota covers 0-25k for free under ToyotaCare. At 30, do oil, rotate, and change the engine and cabin air filters yourself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Boy the PA inspection thing is a racket.
It really is, especially when so much of it is at the technician’s discretion/interpretation.
The key in NC is to get an inspection at a shop that only does inspections. You’re in and out in 10 minutes and they have no reason to try to rape you on more than the $30 inspection fee.

Do you have those in PA?

This crazy service :tubeman: shit on a brand new car is :mindblown:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Quick GoRf update. My brother ended up getting the H Elantra N so I went over to check it out. Didn't hustle it or anything since it's got just 24 miles on it but from just a quick spin this thing is 5/7. Can't wait to drive it once he's past break in. I'd take this over a GTI every time.

Last edited by Gberg2119 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:rage:
Fucking hell man. Sorry about your :gorf: :( At least there won't be a fight to get it fixed.
Definitely interested in more impressions about the H.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

How does one miss a giant bright blue egg ?’ :wtf:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I keep seeing the Elantra N's around, they seem to look pretty good and sound :notbad: i'd suspect its better to drive than a GTI. Good luck with the .:R, glad the people responsible owed up.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:34 pm :rage:
Fucking hell man. Sorry about your :gorf: :( At least there won't be a fight to get it fixed.
Definitely interested in more impressions about the H.
It's pretty solid. The H at $32k seems like a bargain when GTI's exceed $40k now. The interior seems to be on par with the Mk7/7.5 and I'm assuming better than the Mk8. I'd have no problems taking one of these over a new GTI. Hell, maybe even an R. The N is probably just as fast.
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:58 am How does one miss a giant bright blue egg ?’ :wtf:
I guess if you never look you won't see it. Her explanation was that she didn't think anyone was there since my brother's car was gone. Even though he parks on the driveway and I was parked on the street. :mindblown:

She hit me with some force too because when I released the parking brake the car leveled back out.
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am I keep seeing the Elantra N's around, they seem to look pretty good and sound :notbad: i'd suspect its better to drive than a GTI. Good luck with the .:R, glad the people responsible owed up.
It sounds great. I was shocked. It's got a ton of character.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

This firking sucks, nobody can recover paint like the factory with e-coating/etc. I'm bad for you GBerg bro.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am This firking sucks, nobody can recover paint like the factory with e-coating/etc. I'm bad for you GBerg bro.
Just got back from the body shop. They’re going to write for 2 new doors so basically half the car will need to be painted and blended. On the plus side, since it’s new sheet metal they won’t be using any body filler so when the guy comes out for the diminished value claim he should see similar measurements on the paint gauge compared to the stock side.

Soonest they can get me in is April 25 so it’ll be awesome driving a dented up car for nearly 2 months. :pout:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:52 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am This firking sucks, nobody can recover paint like the factory with e-coating/etc. I'm bad for you GBerg bro.
Just got back from the body shop. They’re going to write for 2 new doors so basically half the car will need to be painted and blended. On the plus side, since it’s new sheet metal they won’t be using any body filler so when the guy comes out for the diminished value claim he should see similar measurements on the paint gauge compared to the stock side.

Soonest they can get me in is April 25 so it’ll be awesome driving a dented up car for nearly 2 months. :pout:
Hopefully they come to you factory primed and the repair shop supplies factory paint at least.
max225

Wow that seems completely excessive for that sort of damage …

Also I had some paint work on the mini because of the deer incident… I’m incredibly anal about it to be honest and I had them redo part of the door because I saw fish eyes. That said … once it was done it is a perfect match and I can’t tell a difference.

Also remember the Nigerian that rear ended my 335i fake sport ? They also did a perfect color match.

Modern paint tech is excellent
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:09 pm

Hopefully they come to you factory primed and the repair shop supplies factory paint at least.
I think they did a pretty nice job on the last one but we’ll see. :iono:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm

Also I had some paint work on the mini because of the deer incident… I’m incredibly anal about it to be honest and I had them redo part of the door because I saw fish eyes. That said … once it was done it is a perfect match and I can’t tell a difference.

Also remember the Nigerian that rear ended my 335i fake sport ? They also did a perfect color match.

Yeah I think it’ll be alright. I 100% need a new front door as there’s a crack on backside in the door jam area. Since the rear door is totally smooth they don’t think PDR would be good enough. So with new doors that means front and rear quarters need to be blended

This shop doesn’t mess around though. Only OEM parts and they’re very thorough. For instance, when I took my GTI to the lousy geico shop, they never blended my tow hook cover on the front bumper. Most people probably wouldn’t notice but I did. On the Mk7 R, this shop blended the rear tow hook cover and all 4 parking sensors so everything looked the same.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:27 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm

Yeah I think it’ll be alright. I 100% need a new front door as there’s a crack on backside in the door jam area. Since the rear door is totally smooth they don’t think PDR would be good enough. So with new doors that means front and rear quarters need to be blended

This shop doesn’t mess around though. Only OEM parts and they’re very thorough. For instance, when I took my GTI to the lousy geico shop, they never blended my tow hook cover on the front bumper. Most people probably wouldn’t notice but I did. On the Mk7 R, this shop blended the rear tow hook cover and all 4 parking sensors so everything looked the same.
Cavallo are legit. I honestly think they put out as good work as Karosserie do.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:29 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:27 pm

Cavallo are legit. I honestly think they put out as good work as Karosserie do.
I’ve never heard of Karosserie but they look super :fancy:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Cavallo does good work they’re just slow
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:rage:

Fuckin' a. I hate when people hit cars on the street because 'there usually isn't a car there'... :wtf: that is some serious negligence. Sorry man.

:neat: on the slanty H :doe: I like them a lot.
max225

I don’t understand it … does one pull out blind ? What is their vehicle ? No backup camera ?

It’s 2022 this seems negligent at the least
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:08 am I don’t understand it … does one pull out blind ? What is their vehicle ? No backup camera ?

:dat: what if some kid (or adult) was riding their bike past that driveway? It better have been an armored truck from the 1960s or something.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:08 am I don’t understand it … does one pull out blind ? What is their vehicle ? No backup camera ?

It’s total negligence. She just backed out without looking. They live at the end of a cul de sac so you have to park nose first between the houses. You can kind of see the other cars doing the same thing in the background. It’s a shared driveway too so she just backed out and cut the wheel right into the side of the R.

She’s just a nutty old lady. It’s a 2015 RAV4 so that was before the backup camera requirement. I forgot to even look at her car the day it happened but my brother checked it out the next day looking for blue paint. He said there are so many scratches and dings in the bumper there’s no way to tell.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:33 pm

It’s total negligence. She just backed out without looking. They live at the end of a cul de sac so you have to park nose first between the houses. You can kind of see the other cars doing the same thing in the background. It’s a shared driveway too so she just backed out and cut the wheel right into the side of the R.

She’s just a nutty old lady. It’s a 2015 RAV4 so that was before the backup camera requirement. I forgot to even look at her car the day it happened but my brother checked it out the next day looking for blue paint. He said there are so many scratches and dings in the bumper there’s no way to tell.
Man the bishes HATE your cars.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

:rage: sorry dude..
Does 2015 Toyota RAV4 have backup camera?
A rearview camera is standard in the 2015 RAV4.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Man the bishes HATE your cars.
Old ladies love running into bright blue eggs. :iono:

I guess I now get to experience what it’s like being a Altima driver until it’s in the shop.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This is so annoying dude. I’m sorry.

Did cavallo give you any idea on how long it will take to complete the repairs? They were never up front about that with me.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:00 pm This is so annoying dude. I’m sorry.

Did cavallo give you any idea on how long it will take to complete the repairs? They were never up front about that with me.
They made it seem like it’ll be fairly quick but they didn’t give me a timetable. They can’t order the doors until it’s in the shop and I still need someone from my insurance to come and take a look at it. But with shortages everywhere who knows how long it’ll take them to get doors. As it’s just a golf I wouldn’t think they’d have a hard time but who knows.

On a side not, I won’t even put my summers on as I probably need to buy a new englishtown. First time ever I crubbed a wheel. Went through my VW wheel and tire package and the repair shop refinished it twice but it still looks like shit next to an untouched englishtown. They won’t replace it because it still holds air and I’m afraid once I mount them it’ll be obvious.

Or I could mount them and drive a hoopty GoRf. :lol: