Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:34 pm Quarantine and social distancing means its time for a clay, polish, and wax. Seeing as how the car sat for nearly a year, the clay picked up a fair amount of contaminants.

Not quite [user not found]-spec, but I got a lot of the swirls out including the ones on the hatch. Unfortunately I found another bad gash on the bumper that will require touch up paint.

And now that we're in coronadome, new ramz are highly unlikely. :ohwell: Hopefully next summer.

If I dump mine around September/October, I'll give you my neuspeed :ramz: for a bes deal :amir: 19 ibs/wheel, 18x8.5. Bronze would compliment that color
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 am The car looks great! How are you enjoying it so far? Any refresh features that stand out?
So far so good. The new infotainment is definitely the biggest improvement. It requires a much softer touch since it's a glass panel now. I'd have to poke the screen multiple times while using AA to get it to do what I want in the old car. If you're hanging onto your R I definitely recommend you upgrade with one of those kits.

Seats are also a nice improvement. The leather feels softer and I think they have a bit more cushion while still being supportive.

With the resonator delete it definitely seems louder than the last one. I don't know if it's because it's still new or what but it sounds better too.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:46 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:34 pm Quarantine and social distancing means its time for a clay, polish, and wax. Seeing as how the car sat for nearly a year, the clay picked up a fair amount of contaminants.

Not quite [user not found]-spec, but I got a lot of the swirls out including the ones on the hatch. Unfortunately I found another bad gash on the bumper that will require touch up paint.

And now that we're in coronadome, new ramz are highly unlikely. :ohwell: Hopefully next summer.

If I dump mine around September/October, I'll give you my neuspeed :ramz: for a bes deal :amir: 19 ibs/wheel, 18x8.5. Bronze would compliment that color
Which neuspeeds do you have again? RSE10's?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:19 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:46 am

Rse11r's
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

you break it in yet?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 pm you break it in yet?
He’s prob staying home with the rest of us
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:27 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Rse11r's
:notbad:

I do like that wheel a lot.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 pm you break it in yet?
:dat:

Have close to 600 miles but as of now I'm only going out for food/supplies.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:02 pm

I haven't driven in 9 days :pouroneout:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:27 am

:ohwell:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:27 am

I am sub 30 miles in 2 weeks.. and normally about 300 miles a week out here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I drove the :gorf: to the cottage. Secondary isolation spot to break it up. Wifey WFH while I tend to the kids.

Driving a semi-fun car is more valuable then ever. Makes the R53 and :green: :troywax: justified in my mind. Being "stuck" with a :gorf: ain't too shabby either.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:38 pm I drove the :gorf: to the cottage. Secondary isolation spot to break it up. Wifey WFH while I tend to the kids.

Driving a semi-fun car is more valuable then ever. Makes the R53 and :green: :troywax: justified in my mind. Being "stuck" with a :gorf: ain't too shabby either.
Being "stuck" in my GTI for 5 years isn't that shabby either. But like any car, I've grown out of it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:38 pm I drove the :gorf: to the cottage. Secondary isolation spot to break it up. Wifey WFH while I tend to the kids.

I definitely miss the :poorvette: and can't wait for it to be on the road again... maybe I should just take a trip in the Beemah to some twisties to burn some stress away.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:

I definitely miss the :poorvette: and can't wait for it to be on the road again... maybe I should just take a trip in the Beemah to some twisties to burn some stress away.
:doit:

Now's the perfect time. I've been making it a point to have more fun driving this :gorf:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 am
D Griff wrote:
:doit:

Now's the perfect time. I've been making it a point to have more fun driving this :gorf:

This. The roads are empty and weather is nice. I think that I better lock down some summer tires pronto, or I'll be stuck in the next couple of days
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 am :doit:

This. The roads are empty and weather is nice. I think that I better lock down some summer tires pronto, or I'll be stuck in the next couple of days
Did you get PS4S? Didn't you have the Continentals standard? If so how did you like them? I think that's what I have on mine.

Another side note. I tried setting up my trial for VW Car Net. They can't do it because there's already an account on this car from the "previous owner". Who the fuck is that you may wonder? As do I. They say dealers setup test accounts so that might be it. :rolleyes:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wow zero police for hundreds of miles!

I had the Conti pro 5P or something, it is kind of a budget version of ECS and tread rating of 280? I think. Not bad throughout their entire lifecycle, no balancing issues and handled ok in all weather. I ordered the GMax RS this round, tread wear of 360 and they tested slightly better then the Indys on tire rack. Probably similar to the 5Ps and fine for my use.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Did you get PS4S? Didn't you have the Continentals standard? If so how did you like them? I think that's what I have on mine.

Another side note. I tried setting up my trial for VW Car Net. They can't do it because there's already an account on this car from the "previous owner". Who the fuck is that you may wonder? As do I. They say dealers setup test accounts so that might be it. :rolleyes:

It's amazing that you're still a VW man.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:Wow zero police for hundreds of miles!

I had the Conti pro 5P or something, it is kind of a budget version of ECS and tread rating of 280? I think. Not bad throughout their entire lifecycle, no balancing issues and handled ok in all weather. I ordered the GMax RS this round, tread wear of 360 and they tested slightly better then the Indys on tire rack. Probably similar to the 5Ps and fine for my use.
I think I have the 5P's. I'll find out when I put them on in a couple weeks. How many miles did they last?

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm Did you get PS4S? Didn't you have the Continentals standard? If so how did you like them? I think that's what I have on mine.

It's amazing that you're still a VW man.
Blows my mind too. :(

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm
Tarspin wrote:

Interesting. If that car was reported as sold some time in the last year, I would ask for clarification on the warranty start date.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm Did you get PS4S? Didn't you have the Continentals standard? If so how did you like them? I think that's what I have on mine.

Interesting. If that car was reported as sold some time in the last year, I would ask for clarification on the warranty start date.
Since it was a leftover 2019 I did ask them if the 6 year warranty coverage starts the day I buy it and they said that's the case.

Do you have :fax: access?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am
Tarspin wrote:Wow zero police for hundreds of miles!

I think I have the 5P's. I'll find out when I put them on in a couple weeks. How many miles did they last?

They did fairly well with no alignments since new. I have 60k miles on it now and split the difference between the summers and winters (60/40), so I'm guessing 36k miles, lots of steady highway cruising.

The dealer had new ones but wanted 50%more then what I deem to be equally good GMax RS/Indy500s. Still pretty great for a factory tire if they come on the car. I heard that they are better then the Pirelli that came on the 2017s.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:53 am
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 am

Since it was a leftover 2019 I did ask them if the 6 year warranty coverage starts the day I buy it and they said that's the case.

Do you have :fax: access?
The six year will come in handy, my secondary warranty has already covered two sensors (gas tank and fuel temp), it's worth a good chunk of change!