Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Deposit it and set aside in the event they do reach out. If not, use it to trade in R and down payment on a :truk:

:truckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

razr390 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm Deposit it and set aside in the event they do reach out. If not, use it to trade in R and down payment on a :truk:

:notbad:

The answer is always :truk:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

RAM :dill:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm Deposit it and set aside in the event they do reach out. If not, use it to trade in R and down payment on a :truk:

The answer is always :truk:
So basically TAIAT, Tie-hott, sounds like a Indian :truk: model
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

How much extra we talking? :popcorn:

If it isn't a large amount, I'd just take the money.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am How much extra we talking? :popcorn:

It's $440 dollhairs
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am How much extra we talking? :popcorn:

It's $440 dollhairs
:nice: :waxer:

Extra :thankstrump: bux, :mahman:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:53 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:18 pm

It's $440 dollhairs

Into the bank account it'll go!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:53 pm

I mean, the check is made out to you, right?

What's the problem?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:30 pm :notbad:

I mean, the check is made out to you, right?

What's the problem?
Yes, check is made out to me.

It's just because VWoA made the payoff and not me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gave it another wash yesterday. I swear this blue is darker than the lapiz on the last car despite nearly a quarter of that one being repainted.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 am Gave it another wash yesterday. I swear this blue is darker than the lapiz on the last car despite nearly a quarter of that one being repainted.

It does look a touch darker I a great way 💯
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 am Gave it another wash yesterday. I swear this blue is darker than the lapiz on the last car despite nearly a quarter of that one being repainted.

It does look a touch darker I a great way Image
Yeah I like em both. I guess it just shows how color can vary between just a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fuck man, that looks SO good. :megusta: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Quick update on the :alpo: :gorf:

Currently at around 6k miles with no real issues. Ended up getting 18" Pretorias for winter to replace my enkei's so naturally it snowed today. Got a decent :dill: from the :dillerman: on them so it made it easier. Also put the raceseng shift boot collar on.

New clutch bleeder block went in about a month ago and made an immediate improvement. This is still probably one of the best mods you can do on a :manuel: GTI/GoRf.

Also when I took it in for an oil change I noticed VW changed the oil spec from 5w-40 to 0w-30. :notsure: why.

Spoke too soon about how the Rav4 has been fine. The power tailgate stopped working the other day and I tried resetting the height adjustment but it hasn't worked. Tailgate will go up about a quarter of the way and just stop. :facepalm:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:31 pm Quick update on the :alpo: :gorf:

Currently at around 6k miles with no real issues. Ended up getting 18" Pretorias for winter to replace my enkei's so naturally it snowed today. Got a decent :dill: from the :dillerman: on them so it made it easier. Also put the raceseng shift boot collar on.

New clutch bleeder block went in about a month ago and made an immediate improvement. This is still probably one of the best mods you can do on a :manuel: GTI/GoRf.

Also when I took it in for an oil change I noticed VW changed the oil spec from 5w-40 to 0w-30. :notsure: why.

Spoke too soon about how the Rav4 has been fine. The power tailgate stopped working the other day and I tried resetting the height adjustment but it hasn't worked. Tailgate will go up about a quarter of the way and just stop. :facepalm:
The :gorf: looks outstanding with the black Prets, really love the shifter too.

Sucks about the Rav, but I'm sure a visit to the dealer will have it sorted out. Do you know which plant/country yours is built at?
wap

VW more reliable than a Yota. :mindblown:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

The :gorf: looks outstanding with the black Prets, really love the shifter too.

Sucks about the Rav, but I'm sure a visit to the dealer will have it sorted out. Do you know which plant/country yours is built at?
I like the prets way more than the englishtowns. That's now an issue. :lol:

Yeah I have to schedule an appointment with the :dillerman: . I'm pretty sure it's a north american built rav but I didn't think there was any differences between them and the japanese ones.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:04 pm VW more reliable than a Yota. :mindblown:
:impressive:

So far it has been and we have about the same mileage on both. :lolol:
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:11 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:04 pm VW more reliable than a Yota. :mindblown:
:impressive:

So far it has been and we have about the same mileage on both. :lolol:
:fuckyeah:
Suck it JD Power :lol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The 18" Prets look :nice:, actually a bit more proportional to the car TBH. I know they are not as light as their 19" counterparts, but they make the car look more "solid" if that makes sense?

I like it. Nice update on the R.

Weird to hear of the issue on the Rage 4
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

DP
Last edited by Tar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:10 pm

I like the prets way more than the englishtowns. That's now an issue. :lol:

Yeah I have to schedule an appointment with the :dillerman: . I'm pretty sure it's a north american built rav but I didn't think there was any differences between them and the japanese ones.
There are two different Ontario plants building the RAV all with different launch dates, and I think that they just started to build even more in the Kentucky plant. Buying anything post 02/2020 build date is low risk for major issues, like a leaky engine block requiring 20 something hours of tech time to swap out. I think that is the only concern, the issue you speak of is NBD aside from a quick visit to :dillerman:

I'd still wait to buy from the Kentucky plant for a year or two to let them shake out their manufacturing issues :doe:
Last edited by Tar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I had some technical difficulties this morning, it turns out my brain and hands were doing two different things at the expense of this otherwise nearly tailored thread. Might as well use this post slot for something productive... more manufacturing talk!

The MK7.5R has five+ years of plant production prowess behind it using existing equipment and built in the motherland. There's little chance that it will have build quality issues, and a :nice: car to own and operate. I think even my 7R is a pretty reliable beast and deserves recognition for it's reliability to date.

I dis start to notice some driver door chaffing right where it hinges inwards, and I think it is rubbing against the silly rubber insert. I wonder if MK7.5 addresses that problem?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:04 pm

The 18" Prets look :nice:, actually a bit more proportional to the car TBH. I know they are not as light as their 19" counterparts, but they make the car look more "solid" if that makes sense?

I like it. Nice update on the R.

Weird to hear of the issue on the Rage 4
It's probably the extra :meat: on the tires and the rotors filling up the wheel more. I'm surprised at how much I like the 18's.