Richard is a Miata addict.

Strut your greasy stuff!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 am

Nein, it’s a historical building/museum thing that you can rent out for events and stuff. It’s right next to a golf course nearby.

:wat:
Getting off on coating trunk jambs puts you in the anal rententive conversation with someone who you MIGHT have bought a yellow car from, and who MIGHT like to top off his soap dispensers on the reg.
Oh I’m very much like that person in that way. I get :triggered: when I see trunk jambs that are all crusty and filthy... much better to stop that before it starts. I coated the the whole area around the fuel filler so that plastic doesn’t get stained by gas drips... also another notorious spot for getting crusty.

And about the soap dispensers... my other half always keeps our soap dispensers topped up so I don’t have to. Always nice smelling stuff from Bath and Body Works and always near full.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

There is also zero shot I would have given up that Mini for the Acura.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 am
Getting off on coating trunk jambs puts you in the anal rententive conversation with someone who you MIGHT have bought a yellow car from, and who MIGHT like to top off his soap dispensers on the reg.
Oh I’m very much like that person in that way. I get :triggered: when I see trunk jambs that are all crusty and filthy... much better to stop that before it starts. I coated the the whole area around the fuel filler so that plastic doesn’t get stained by gas drips... also another notorious spot for getting crusty.

And about the soap dispensers... my other half always keeps our soap dispensers topped up so I don’t have to. Always nice smelling stuff from Bath and Body Works and always near full.
:amazing:

Z, this guy is doing it right.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am

2019 Mini Cooper S : :dong:

... automatic :flaccid:

:dat:

It was an alright car, but I’m a much bigger fan of the Mini’s of the kind like Zil’s :jizz: rocket. Small, manual, zippy. The newer ones are bigger and heavy yet still feel cramped inside, plus the automatic is :poop:
You need to check in more often. The Mini automatic is highly lauded on this forum. You are coming at so many, in so short a time. Great photography and your cars are fucking tight bro. :jimp:
https://www.autonationacuranorthorland ... 98e549.htm

Here’s the car we traded in. Buy it if you feel like. It’s in great shape.

I mean... as automatics go, it wasn’t a bad transmission. It’s just that if I’m buying a Cooper S I’d want it :manuel: for maximum :stig: . However, it’s her car, not mine, and she prefers to drive auto. I think I would have liked the car more if it were specced a bit different and manual.

Thanks for the photo comments! That spot is EXCELLENT about a half hour before sunrise. The black car, bright DRL’s, and light from that window really make the shot. I need to get an actual camera. I’m shooting from an iPhone 12.

And I’ll tryyyyyyy to check in more often but my life isn’t terribly exciting and Miata things are slow because am poor grad student. Theres only a couple little things in the works for :cheese: and I’ll post them when they’re done.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am

2019 Mini Cooper S : :dong:

... automatic :flaccid:

It was an alright car, but I’m a much bigger fan of the Mini’s of the kind like Zil’s :jizz: rocket. Small, manual, zippy. The newer ones are bigger and heavy yet still feel cramped inside, plus the automatic is :poop:
You need to check in more often. The Mini automatic is highly lauded on this forum. You are coming at so many, in so short a time. Great photography and your cars are fucking tight bro. :jimp:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 am There is also zero shot I would have given up that Mini for the Acura.
Am I insane for liking the Acura more?

For what we need it to do, it feels like a better car to me. It’s way more comfortable, much roomier, , carries more, rides better, definitely not slow, looks great, and has a ton of great features. This is her daily driver and she’s not :stig: at all :( . I’m gonna be much happier doing road trips in this one than the Mini.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:59 am Le fiancée has a new car.

The lease on her Mini was up in October so we’ve been keeping an eye out for something new. With the equity we had in it, we were able to lease this one for a VERY good deal. It’s a 2021 Acura ILX Premium. It may be a dressed up Civic, but this is a VERY nice car for under $30k sticker. It’s got active cruise control and all those goodies too. First car I’ve driven extensively to have that stuff, and I have to say I’m impressed. Before I was one of those guys that was like “pfff, I don’t need all that :poop: “ but now I’m just like :jimp: . To me it’s an upgrade from her Mini. It isn’t as fast or as nimble, but it’s far roomier and has many more features. And, to be fair... the K24 in this thing moves it pretty well when you get it above 5500 rpm, even though the 8spd won’t let you downshift to more than 5k (7k redline). It’s 201hp or something like that is plenty, but you have to rev it out to get it. The Mini was turbo and had much more torque down low, so she says this car feels slower. I’ve just had to tell her “stomp it and let it rev up and it’ll be just as fast.”

Anyway. Fun new car. Gonna be great for roadtrips (that Mini was crraaaaamped). I always love having the opportunity to get the car to proper clean spec and coated before it has any miles on it. Being able to coat the exhaust tip wheels, trim, chrome, door and trunk jambs, etc before they get at all dirty is just :jizz:
What was cramped about the mini other than the tiny trunk ? Did Acura finally put in an adjustable passenger seat? I couldn’t fit into the bitch side of the car because the seat didn’t go down and was made for 5’6” people.

Women don’t rev their cars … in general it “hurts them”.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:59 am Le fiancée has a new car.

The lease on her Mini was up in October so we’ve been keeping an eye out for something new. With the equity we had in it, we were able to lease this one for a VERY good deal. It’s a 2021 Acura ILX Premium. It may be a dressed up Civic, but this is a VERY nice car for under $30k sticker. It’s got active cruise control and all those goodies too. First car I’ve driven extensively to have that stuff, and I have to say I’m impressed. Before I was one of those guys that was like “pfff, I don’t need all that :poop: “ but now I’m just like :jimp: . To me it’s an upgrade from her Mini. It isn’t as fast or as nimble, but it’s far roomier and has many more features. And, to be fair... the K24 in this thing moves it pretty well when you get it above 5500 rpm, even though the 8spd won’t let you downshift to more than 5k (7k redline). It’s 201hp or something like that is plenty, but you have to rev it out to get it. The Mini was turbo and had much more torque down low, so she says this car feels slower. I’ve just had to tell her “stomp it and let it rev up and it’ll be just as fast.”

Anyway. Fun new car. Gonna be great for roadtrips (that Mini was crraaaaamped). I always love having the opportunity to get the car to proper clean spec and coated before it has any miles on it. Being able to coat the exhaust tip wheels, trim, chrome, door and trunk jambs, etc before they get at all dirty is just :jizz:
What was cramped about the mini other than the tiny trunk ? Did Acura finally put in an adjustable passenger seat? I couldn’t fit into the bitch side of the car because the seat didn’t go down and was made for 5’6” people.

Always felt like the dash was way too close to me, and hardly any room behind me.

I can’t recall off the top of my head if the passenger seat adjusts up and down or not but I’m 5’ 11” and I’m a-okay in the passenger chair.

I think she’ll get used to revving it up. Whenever I drive and I’m merging onto the expressway I’ll rev it up to show her.
max225

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:54 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 am

Always felt like the dash was way too close to me, and hardly any room behind me.

I can’t recall off the top of my head if the passenger seat adjusts up and down or not but I’m 5’ 11” and I’m a-okay in the passenger chair.

I think she’ll get used to revving it up. Whenever I drive and I’m merging onto the expressway I’ll rev it up to show her.
Well yea there is no room behind the taller driver in a 2 door mini, however I sat behind my midget wife and fit just fine. But it was at least as spacious as my 3 series and certainly bigger than most sedans for the driver and passenger, I’d be shocked if the ILX was bigger up front. Surprising complaint about the space to be honest. Other than cargo as mentioned. The trunk is in fact really smol
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:54 am

Well yea there is no room behind the taller driver in a 2 door mini, however I sat behind my midget wife and fit just fine. But it was at least as spacious as my 3 series and certainly bigger than most sedans for the driver and passenger, I’d be shocked if the ILX was bigger up front. Surprising complaint about the space to be honest. Other than cargo as mentioned. The trunk is in fact really smol
:notsure: :wat:

My 335 had gobs more space than the Mini. Perhaps it’s a subjective thing? I wouldn’t say that the Acura is gigantic inside but it’s certainly spacious and comfy. I’d happily drive 1000 miles in that car.

max225

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am

My 335 had gobs more space than the Mini. Perhaps it’s a subjective thing? I wouldn’t say that the Acura is gigantic inside but it’s certainly spacious and comfy. I’d happily drive 1000 miles in that car.

driver and passenger only as stated in my post. Not whole car. Mini is cavernous up front and non existent in the back. I checked and the ilx does in fact have 2+” less headroom up front.

I can’t reach the pedals in the mini when the seat is all the way back.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:18 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:10 am

driver and passenger only as stated in my post. Not whole car. Mini is cavernous up front and non existent in the back. I checked and the ilx does in fact have 2+” less headroom up front.

:notwrong: maybe it’s because I sit more straight up in the Mini and more reclined in the Acura? :ohwell: :tits: would get pissed if I moved the steering wheel in the Mini so I had to sit straight up pretty much.

Oh yeah, that’s the other great thing... MEMORY SEATS with each key automatically making the car reset to the corresponding seat position. That’s a massive plus since she’s like 5’ 3”.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:31 am

:notwrong: maybe it’s because I sit more straight up in the Mini and more reclined in the Acura? :ohwell:

:tits: would get pissed if I moved the steering wheel in the Mini so I had to sit straight up pretty much.

Oh yeah, that’s the other great thing... MEMORY SEATS with each key automatically making the car reset to the corresponding seat position. That’s a massive plus since she’s like 5’ 3”.
max225

:notwrong: maybe it’s because I sit more straight up in the Mini and more reclined in the Acura? :ohwell: :tits: would get pissed if I moved the steering wheel in the Mini so I had to sit straight up pretty much.

Yea imagine this… I’m 6’4” and she is 5’ and I use that pump and dump feature on the seat constantly. Quite annoying.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

My 2004 TL was definitely in my top 5 cars ever owned... I really like mid sized sports sedans...

Coopers are cool, but they aren't for everyone...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Moving seats and adjusting mirrors does not bother me in the least. What frosts my ass is when the prior driver screws with HVAC, particularly when they manually close vents.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Moving seats and adjusting mirrors does not bother me in the least. What frosts my ass is when the prior driver screws with HVAC, particularly when they manually close vents.
------------------- ------------------------------------------ :iswydt:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:16 pm

I didn't realize how clever I was being.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:30 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:16 pm

I didn't realize how clever I was being.
Clever is as Clever does......
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

For me it’s when they turn the volume knob and the power symbol isn’t facing straight up when I get back in. Steering wheel controls or bust on that.
max225

RLWake wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

For me it’s when they turn the volume knob and the power symbol isn’t facing straight up when I get back in. Steering wheel controls or bust on that.
:dat: at the very least. Then there is keeping the high beams on.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

What the hell volume knob do y'all have?

I've NEVER had or heard of that problem
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm What the hell volume knob do y'all have?

You never even had a golf ? :gtfo:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm What the hell volume knob do y'all have?

Do I come off that boring?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Do I come off that boring?
:howdareu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.