It's Not Easy Being (a darker shade of) Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
max225 wrote:
Enjoy the car man :) NEW Cars are special... 0 farts... you're the one raping it from day 1. It's a special feeling I only got to experience once in my 30+ car transactions, I miss it :(
The car is fucking awesome, it just needs a few minor things like this clutch spring and probably some kind of stereo upgrade to make daily driving better. I'm trying to do everything the way I want it from the beginning on this so that I can enjoy it and actually keep the damn thing until the pods take over.

:plac: is no longer an option, :tits: would go full :nuke:
300lbs on sound insulation.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:20 pm

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/45-M ... 6445_zpid/

This place was for sale for the last few years. Looks like you just missed out on it.
1.6M for a house... when the house next door sold for 220k
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/64-M ... 6248_zpid/
:wtf: no thanks , but it is a really nice house...
I wish I can get a decent house with less than $250k around here
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

1.6M for a house... when the house next door sold for 220k
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/64-M ... 6248_zpid/
:wtf: no thanks , but it is a really nice house...
That’s about 1/2 of my down payment :disgust:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CaleDeRoo wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm The car is fucking awesome, it just needs a few minor things like this clutch spring and probably some kind of stereo upgrade to make daily driving better. I'm trying to do everything the way I want it from the beginning on this so that I can enjoy it and actually keep the damn thing until the pods take over.

300lbs on sound insulation.
That's about the weight difference between the 86 and the :wankel: - which was another ~300 lbs lighter than the :poorvette:

It'll probably need an aftermarket head unit at a minimum in truth. The 2020 models don't even have an auxiliary input jack so you're :doomed: to use garbage bluetooth for a source. The speakers themselves might not be that bad but there's no way to tell.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
max225 wrote:
Enjoy the car man :) NEW Cars are special... 0 farts... you're the one raping it from day 1. It's a special feeling I only got to experience once in my 30+ car transactions, I miss it :(
The car is fucking awesome, it just needs a few minor things like this clutch spring and probably some kind of stereo upgrade to make daily driving better. I'm trying to do everything the way I want it from the beginning on this so that I can enjoy it and actually keep the damn thing until the pods take over.

I bet its literally time to just enjoy it. Add a small sub and call it a day. I am not sure I'd mess with anything else.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm

That’s about 1/2 of my down payment :disgust:
That's Pay Area for yeee
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm The car is fucking awesome, it just needs a few minor things like this clutch spring and probably some kind of stereo upgrade to make daily driving better. I'm trying to do everything the way I want it from the beginning on this so that I can enjoy it and actually keep the damn thing until the pods take over.

I bet its literally time to just enjoy it. Add a small sub and call it a day. I am not sure I'd mess with anything else.
For winter, yep. No need to fuck with anything else mechanically until May.

The stereo thing will be annoying but whatever. Step 1 is to get a reasonable quality source available to even try to evaluate the speakers... FM and basic bluetooth are trash.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm
max225 wrote:
For winter, yep. No need to fuck with anything else mechanically until May.

The stereo thing will be annoying but whatever. Step 1 is to get a reasonable quality source available to even try to evaluate the speakers... FM and basic bluetooth are trash.
Can you actually evaluate the stereo quality over the road noise? I mean the sound stage is dogshit in sports cars... so as long as it thumps and has highs and lows that's all that is needed.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm For winter, yep. No need to fuck with anything else mechanically until May.

Can you actually evaluate the stereo quality over the road noise? I mean the sound stage is dogshit in sports cars... so as long as it thumps and has highs and lows that's all that is needed.
The car isn't that loud... and the stereo works in the driveway without the engine even running if you want to test it that way. It's roughly the same volume as the mazda3 depending on the pavement and tires.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:32 pm
max225 wrote:
The car isn't that loud... and the stereo works in the driveway without the engine even running if you want to test it that way. It's roughly the same volume as the mazda3 depending on the pavement and tires.
I figured a solid 70db on freeway. Likely worse with adverse weather conditions... due to random shit hitting the windshield and roof. Yea on driveway it'll sound ok but lets be honest you're gonna drive not... sit at hoe and listen to stereo. So I would say likely something that makes it boom and audible over all that shit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm For winter, yep. No need to fuck with anything else mechanically until May.

This is how I feel about car audio... just can’t bother to care as long as it isn’t total dogshit. Factory BMW is nearing dogshit level but just enough above to :aintcare:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Troy, your car has Android Auto, right? Sound quality should be better with it. See if you can connect via cable and then play music from your library
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:15 am Troy, your car has Android Auto, right? Sound quality should be better with it. See if you can connect via cable and then play music from your library
:narc: with the positive feedback on Android :mindblown:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:15 am Troy, your car has Android Auto, right? Sound quality should be better with it. See if you can connect via cable and then play music from your library
:narc: with the positive feedback on Android :mindblown:
I notice a significant difference between Bluetooth (wireless) and CarPlay (USB port). I figure Android Auto must be the same
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 am :narc: with the positive feedback on Android :mindblown:
I notice a significant difference between Bluetooth (wireless) and CarPlay (USB port). I figure Android Auto must be the same
Yeah I've been having issues getting AA to even connect but this morning it did finally work for once (not sure what I did differently but I'll figure it out eventually). Sound is definitely much better that way but still poor at reasonable volumes. I've got the treble all the way down and bass all the way up to get it tolerable.

Weirdly if you crank the volume up too high the whole EQ curve of the system changes and it suddenly sounds decent - apparently it was designed for kids?

Also, the new clutch spring is 5/7. The pedal feels like a clutch pedal instead of a video game pedal, and is still not at all too heavy. It's maybe about as heavy as the RX8 pedal now, perhaps a little bit lighter.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am
razr390 wrote: I notice a significant difference between Bluetooth (wireless) and CarPlay (USB port). I figure Android Auto must be the same
Yeah I've been having issues getting AA to even connect but this morning it did finally work for once (not sure what I did differently but I'll figure it out eventually). Sound is definitely much better that way but still poor at reasonable volumes. I've got the treble all the way down and bass all the way up to get it tolerable.

Weirdly if you crank the volume up too high the whole EQ curve of the system changes and it suddenly sounds decent - apparently it was designed for kids?

Also, the new clutch spring is 5/7. The pedal feels like a clutch pedal instead of a video game pedal, and is still not at all too heavy. It's maybe about as heavy as the RX8 pedal now, perhaps a little bit lighter.
I can’t imagine anything being “heavy” after the C5. I almost punched through the floor when I went from that to a golf
troyguitar

So it begins.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:30 pm So it begins.

:doomed:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Can you put up a shitty walmart $99.99 carport?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah:

All the :doughnut: !
max225

troyguitar

I could ask permission but I'm not convinced it would help enough to be worth fucking with it, even if it were to be approved. Dunno, never had a carport before.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I wouldn't bother, personally.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm I could ask permission but I'm not convinced it would help enough to be worth fucking with it, even if it were to be approved. Dunno, never had a carport before.
What's the worst that could happen if you put it up? Eviction ? :doomed:

Your neighbors have some coming down from the house...

It would help to keep a lot of the crap off the car.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm I could ask permission but I'm not convinced it would help enough to be worth fucking with it, even if it were to be approved. Dunno, never had a carport before.
What's the worst that could happen if you put it up? Eviction ? :doomed:

Your neighbors have some coming down from the house...

It would help to keep a lot of the crap off the car.
Worst that could happen is a wind gust takes it and causes damage/injury to someone. Those tents are tough to keep on the ground unless you dig holes and mount them properly in concrete.