wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am We went :fullretard: in here
:dat:
Just use Crapatalk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am We went :fullretard: in here
:dat:
Just use Crapatalk.
It's the only way to fly... I tried and it's more of a hassle with any other platform.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Click upload photo

Choose folder and photo from your PC/Laptop hit "Open"

Click Upload

Choose Camera Roll on FLickr

Hover over pic you want the link for.....then click the white double arrows that appear in the right upper corner of the pic (this opens the pic)..... if a check mark appears over the thumbnail, ESC out, and hover again looking for the double arrow

Right click the open pic and click "copy image address"

Paste in DFD Reply box ----- Highlight what you just pasted and click the IMG button in the upper toolbar

Don't try to link from other sections of Flickr like "photostream" or what not.......it doesn't seem to give you the needed format from anywhere else but "Camera Roll"

Stay away from "copy link address" when right clicking...... you need copy image address

Sláinte
Last edited by Irish on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irish

I really hope the pics are visible.....
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish.. the real MVP. He really wants to see the :225: :fakesport: :kamry: :douchewagon:
max225

Irish really did come through with epic instructions :amazing:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

epic instructions are epic. i will try this.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

I think it works. Thanks A-Bro-Ham-Lincoln!
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Irish

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:34 pm Image

I think it works. Thanks A-Bro-Ham-Lincoln!
:fuckyeah:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

camry

mad trunk space yo

on the way back from vegas. it now takes 6 hours to drive from vegas to El A

boss steering wheel is boss

death valley

death valley

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

theres some pictures, now I know. Sick!

going to the credit union today or tomorrow to buy this piece of shit. what are everyone's feelings on down payments? I was looking at like $7500 down. Was orig gonna do $10k but the extra $2500 in my pocket now is the difference of like 20 bucks of month or something. But since I'm buying the car for epic cost, I'm essentially throwing money in a black hole to get 'even' with even remote value of the car, mainly in case its totaled or something. In a few years it should even out and have some 'equity' which if you know anything about $ or cars, you know equity is a total illusion if you actually factor in what it cost on the front end to get to that equity. Anyway. Do I go for the big boss DP and do the full 10k or keep the $2500 in my pocket and do the $7500.

PS: you bros who live in Missouri with $1500 a month overheads or you Silicone valley bros who make like $500k p/yr living that App life can save the "I buy all my cars cash" comments.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My instructions work too you know :foreveralone:
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 pm theres some pictures, now I know. Sick!

going to the credit union today or tomorrow to buy this piece of shit. what are everyone's feelings on down payments? I was looking at like $7500 down. Was orig gonna do $10k but the extra $2500 in my pocket now is the difference of like 20 bucks of month or something. But since I'm buying the car for epic cost, I'm essentially throwing money in a black hole to get 'even' with even remote value of the car, mainly in case its totaled or something. In a few years it should even out and have some 'equity' which if you know anything about $ or cars, you know equity is a total illusion if you actually factor in what it cost on the front end to get to that equity. Anyway. Do I go for the big boss DP and do the full 10k or keep the $2500 in my pocket and do the $7500.

PS: you bros who live in Missouri with $1500 a month overheads or you Silicone valley bros who make like $500k p/yr living that App life can save the "I buy all my cars cash" comments.
Down payment depends:
a) How much cash you have/need
b) What % this cash is currently earning you
c) what % your loan is
Answer these 3... then we can chime in more.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

The cash is earning 2% in an online savings account. we're talking cash here. I always need lots of cash because I'm hemorrhaging $$ with this current separation with the ex and 2 children. So I should really be buying a $5k Camry but we've covered that I'm a dipshit, so lets not harp on that. We know I'm buying the car so lets accept that.
Lowest avail rate is 3.24% from my credit union. I've shopped around. BMW's best rate is 4%. I could get 2.9% from my CU if I insured my car with them but Geico has way better rates so its not worth it.
The main thing is I don't want to finance more than what the car is worth hence the larger down payment. Otherwise, I'd put less down.

Chime in asap cuz Im going to do this shit today. xoxox

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm The cash is earning 2% in an online savings account. we're talking cash here. I always need lots of cash because I'm hemorrhaging $$ with this current separation with the ex and 2 children. So I should really be buying a $5k Camry but we've covered that I'm a dipshit, so lets not harp on that. We know I'm buying the car so lets accept that.
Lowest avail rate is 3.24% from my credit union. I've shopped around. BMW's best rate is 4%. I could get 2.9% from my CU if I insured my car with them but Geico has way better rates so its not worth it.
The main thing is I don't want to finance more than what the car is worth hence the larger down payment. Otherwise, I'd put less down.

Chime in asap cuz Im going to do this shit today. xoxox
Put down as much as you can, unless you plan on walking away from an upside down Kamry. Your online savings is not offsetting your interest expense so the more you put down the less you owe to slimy suit wearing banks monthly.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

good answer!

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

The plot thickens.
I was about to just take the payoff quote to the credit union and put $8k down and call it a day but if I instead pay BMW the down payment of $8k and get a revised payoff quote, I'll be paying sales tax on the reduced amount vs. the orig payoff amount, effectively saving myself $906 on the car. Boom. Ben fucking bernanke over here. So now: $8k to BMW, BMW sends me revised payoff quote, I then finance that entire amount + sales tax @ 3.24% and my payment will be like $380 a month. Fuckin A.
Math

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm The plot thickens.
I was about to just take the payoff quote to the credit union and put $8k down and call it a day but if I instead pay BMW the down payment of $8k and get a revised payoff quote, I'll be paying sales tax on the reduced amount vs. the orig payoff amount, effectively saving myself $906 on the car. Boom. Ben fucking bernanke over here. So now: $8k to BMW, BMW sends me revised payoff quote, I then finance that entire amount + sales tax @ 3.24% and my payment will be like $380 a month. Fuckin A.
Math
:math:

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm The plot thickens.
Math
Why would you pay the sales tax on the pre pay off reduction amount... you don't own the car? You're buying that car at the -8k price so this makes sense... now... do you need to go to the DMV? :hubba:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

no. i did the math wrong.. the amount paid was off the residual, then they apply the $4k price reduction etc. and that is the amount I finance w/the credit union. In the end, it saved me about $150.

: (

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:22 pm no. i did the math wrong.. the amount paid was off the residual, then they apply the $4k price reduction etc. and that is the amount I finance w/the credit union. In the end, it saved me about $150.

: (
I don't get this transaction... What was the sales price of the car? That's what you should be paying the taxes on.

Either way the tax sitch is frustrating no matter how you slice and dice it.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

sales tax is on the payoff amount i.e. the cost of the car. thats tacked on and that gives you the final amount and then your down payment reduces that.
its too boring and intricate to explain. Basically instead of taking the payoff amount, giving that over to my credit union and then paying my credit union the down and getting the remainder to finance, I paid what would be the down to BMW and that reduced the overall amount which saved me a little on sales tax. but say your residual is x and bmw gives you a payoff (which includes the $4k reduction) of y. if you throw a bunch of money at that amount, it applies to the residual, not the payoff amount, so then they adjust from there and give you a new payoff amount. the order in which it happens means i saved almost nothing in sales tax vs. just doing it directly w/my credit union. its almost 6 1/2 dozen the other basically. in the end, its just about the worst financial decision ive ever made but hey, fuck it.

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:42 pm sales tax is on the payoff amount i.e. the cost of the car. thats tacked on and that gives you the final amount and then your down payment reduces that.
its too boring and intricate to explain. Basically instead of taking the payoff amount, giving that over to my credit union and then paying my credit union the down and getting the remainder to finance, I paid what would be the down to BMW and that reduced the overall amount which saved me a little on sales tax. but say your residual is x and bmw gives you a payoff (which includes the $4k reduction) of y. if you throw a bunch of money at that amount, it applies to the residual, not the payoff amount, so then they adjust from there and give you a new payoff amount. the order in which it happens means i saved almost nothing in sales tax vs. just doing it directly w/my credit union. its almost 6 1/2 dozen the other basically. in the end, its just about the worst financial decision ive ever made but hey, fuck it.
Yea cars are :wasteful: you can't do anything about it, unless you're willing to roll in a 3-5k camry and buy an appreciating vehicle that costs 6 figures for occasional fun. Car collecting has been quite crazy...
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Yessir. I try to look at it like anything that is almost worthless after a certain amount of time. Like the 55" UHD smart TV I bought when smart TVs were new, for like $1000 that would sell for like $50 now. But I can drive it to work and to the store and shit.

Gotta get 2 more bro flats from Pepe's Tires & Tacos in SF Valley this week. I replaced two a while back because of sidewall bubbles so those 2 are 'new' and the other 2 have like 3/32 left so I should swap those so I have a fairly 'new' set on there. Two hundred buckarones (thats Spanglish for dollars) and I'll be good to go. SO I guess that slightly debunks my theory that broflats are more durable, except I rolled on those sidewall bubble tires w/zero fucks for like a 6 months before replacing.

Oh and it is done. Finished everything up at the ol' credit union today. I am the proud owner of, no wait, some other bank is the proud owner of 2016 douche transporter. So much car-ness. Such wow. :dedong: :dedong:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 am Yessir. I try to look at it like anything that is almost worthless after a certain amount of time. Like the 55" UHD smart TV I bought when smart TVs were new, for like $1000 that would sell for like $50 now. But I can drive it to work and to the store and shit.

Gotta get 2 more bro flats from Pepe's Tires & Tacos in SF Valley this week. I replaced two a while back because of sidewall bubbles so those 2 are 'new' and the other 2 have like 3/32 left so I should swap those so I have a fairly 'new' set on there. Two hundred buckarones (thats Spanglish for dollars) and I'll be good to go. SO I guess that slightly debunks my theory that broflats are more durable, except I rolled on those sidewall bubble tires w/zero fucks for like a 6 months before replacing.

Oh and it is done. Finished everything up at the ol' credit union today. I am the proud owner of, no wait, some other bank is the proud owner of 2016 douche transporter. So much car-ness. Such wow. :dedong: :dedong:
When I was thinking of :plac: my car, I kind of came to the same conclusion. These things experienced epic depreciation, so kind of tough to off one without losing your ass or downgrading to a super shit vehicle. Given the mileage overage, you did the best you could without just getting a heinous car, so whatever, I'd have likely done the same thing. Owning a car is :troywax: but you've gotta do it, so may as well have something enjoyable.