McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:07 pm 2 years later and we’re back. Anyone still on this barge?
:hai:
:whalecum: back, dood.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

wap wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:24 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:07 pm 2 years later and we’re back. Anyone still on this barge?
Thanks duder. The yuppie camry just passed 66,666 miles yesterday, a monumentous occasion.. still going strong, reliable so far (just maintenance), replaced control arm bushings, front brakes.. diy the oil changes and various filters and it’s paid off, no car payment and still zips around so its alright w me. Meanwhile my buddy in on a 6 month wait list for a $90k ford lightning that he paid like $6k over msrp for. Somehow that decision seems rational to him. So yeah figure ill stay w the camry for while because there isn't 1 good reason not to
Last edited by McQueenBalls on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks duder. The yuppie camry just passed 66,666 miles yesterday, a monumentous occasion.. still going strong, reliable so far (just maintenance), replaced control arm bushings, front brakes.. diy the oil changes and various filters and it’s paid off, no car payment and still zips around so its alright w me. Meanwhile my buddy in on a 6 month wait list for a ford lightning that he paid like $6k over msrp for. So yeah figure ill stay w the camry for while
Why on earth is he getting a Lightning ? And which lightning?
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Thanks duder. The yuppie camry just passed 66,666 miles yesterday, a monumentous occasion.. still going strong, reliable so far (just maintenance), replaced control arm bushings, front brakes.. diy the oil changes and various filters and it’s paid off, no car payment and still zips around so its alright w me. Meanwhile my buddy in on a 6 month wait list for a ford lightning that he paid like $6k over msrp for. So yeah figure ill stay w the camry for while
I dont know which one, the platinum i think.. so he can drive it to lowes and put some fertilizer in the back and take it to the desert once every 2 years and exude gayness
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:42 pm

I dont know which one, the platinum i think.. so he can drive it to lowes and put some fertilizer in the back and take it to the desert once every 2 years and exude gayness
Yea you can't travel long distance in an EV without getting shafted every 2 hrs for about 30-45 min at the back of a walmart parking lot, while surrounded by lot lizards. But yea around town EVs are great.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:42 pm

I live in this environment.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:impressive: What's new?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Thanks duder. The yuppie camry just passed 66,666 miles yesterday, a monumentous occasion.. still going strong, reliable so far (just maintenance), replaced control arm bushings, front brakes.. diy the oil changes and various filters and it’s paid off, no car payment and still zips around so its alright w me. Meanwhile my buddy in on a 6 month wait list for a $90k ford lightning that he paid like $6k over msrp for. Somehow that decision seems rational to him. So yeah figure ill stay w the camry for while because there isn't 1 good reason not to
Agreed. Sounds like it's been treating you well. :notbad:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm
Ah well.. trying to think what I posted last.. coming out of endless bottomless furlough of despair, random home-based hobbies and part-time bookkeeping/accounting work was a relief.. obviously concerts weren’t happening so I was thinking I was going to have to figure out a new career, which isn’t easy when you’re 45. Still with hot 28-year-old GF, being quarantined at home with her didn’t really suck. Although familiarity breeds contempt as they say and we’re ready to kill each other towards the end there. So as luck would have it I was transferred to US Concerts division, which is better than where I was, and was promoted so it worked out. The job is better, I work from home quite a bit and only go to work when I have to be on site for a concert I am producing. There are a handful of producers and we are allocated various shows at mostly the non-owner operated amphitheaters and Arenas. My health insurance went away during the endless furlough as well, and I went on Medi-Cal which is actually not as bad as one would think. I was able to pull that off because my income was basically unemployment. The bookkeeping work was under the table. So needless to say, it was also nice to be able to be back in the world of full benefits and expense accounts.

Most of the ins and outs and details of the divorce were finally ironed out and I have one year left on paying fucking alimony. As some have said before, divorce is very expensive yet, totally worth it.

How about you, A-Bro-Ham Lincoln?
wap wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:03 pm
Agreed. Sounds like it's been treating you well. :notbad:
It Really has.. despite it’s flaws, I think it is a great all-arounder and commuter. Still enjoyable to drive, albeit kinda boring. Overall, solid as shit though. What i really want is a 2nd car in the form of a used truck at some point. Something I can throw the kids’ bikes in the back or take the GF out to the desert and dick around for a couple of days. Maybe I will look at a used newish ranger. Too bad the Taco platform is like 10 million years old because that would be an option too. None of this is going to happen this year though because used car prices are completely absurd. It is amazing that there are used versions of my car floating around out there rn, going for like $22-$25,000.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm

Ah well.. trying to think what I posted last.. coming out of endless bottomless furlough of despair, random home-based hobbies and part-time bookkeeping/accounting work was a relief.. obviously concerts weren’t happening so I was thinking I was going to have to figure out a new career, which isn’t easy when you’re 45. Still with hot 28-year-old GF, being quarantined at home with her didn’t really suck. Although familiarity breeds contempt as they say and we’re ready to kill each other towards the end there. So as luck would have it I was transferred to US Concerts division, which is better than where I was, and was promoted so it worked out. The job is better, I work from home quite a bit and only go to work when I have to be on site for a concert I am producing. There are a handful of producers and we are allocated various shows at mostly the non-owner operated amphitheaters and Arenas. My health insurance went away during the endless furlough as well, and I went on Medi-Cal which is actually not as bad as one would think. I was able to pull that off because my income was basically unemployment. The bookkeeping work was under the table. So needless to say, it was also nice to be able to be back in the world of full benefits and expense accounts.

Most of the ins and outs and details of the divorce were finally ironed out and I have one year left on paying fucking alimony. As some have said before, divorce is very expensive yet, totally worth it.

Nice update. Congrats on the new job! Everything is ok with me I'm in that part of life where everything is going to be ok as long as I don't fuck it up. Got a condo on the ocean in South Rosarito Beach and our residence on the sun is paid for. My only foreseeable cash burn is grad school for my one crotchfruit, but even that has been minimized by dang reasonable in state costs in the UC system. Not hitting a hot 28 year old but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be hitting anything that might inadvertently produce another 22 year financial obligation or tell me I'm loading the dishwasher the wrong way.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Failure to properly post above.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:11 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Nice update. Congrats on the new job! Everything is ok with me I'm in that part of life where everything is going to be ok as long as I don't fuck it up. Got a condo on the ocean in South Rosarito Beach and our residence on the sun is paid for. My only foreseeable cash burn is grad school for my one crotchfruit, but even that has been minimized by dang reasonable in state costs in the UC system. Not hitting a hot 28 year old but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be hitting anything that might inadvertently produce another 22 year financial obligation or tell me I'm loading the dishwasher the wrong way.
This is why the vasectomy was key…

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dat dishwasher loading :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:01 pm Dat dishwasher loading :doe:
:dat:
max225

We don’t use one :iono:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:38 am
Wow. We use the shit out of ours.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I just throw things in there randomly and miss the hole with 50% of the Cascade Platinum powder.
wap

I load, she empties. We don't get in each other's way. Works for us.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I roll in a similar poor person BMW, 2014 328i M Sport with 1930s floppy dildo transmission. All-in-all it's a pretty good car, reliable, fuel efficient, looks good, somewhat fun-ish. I just DIYed all of the fluids a few months ago, coolant, transmission, diff, etc. Thing is going strong, only issues have been a parking brake cable clip breaking (like $5 but a really frustrating day) and a wheel speed sensor.

Carvana is willing to give me $20K for it today which is sort of tempting. Bought for $21K four years/33K miles ago.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 pm

I roll in a similar poor person BMW, 2014 328i M Sport with 1930s floppy dildo transmission. All-in-all it's a pretty good car, reliable, fuel efficient, looks good, somewhat fun-ish. I just DIYed all of the fluids a few months ago, coolant, transmission, diff, etc. Thing is going strong, only issues have been a parking brake cable clip breaking (like $5 but a really frustrating day) and a wheel speed sensor.

Carvana is willing to give me $20K for it today which is sort of tempting. Bought for $21K four years/33K miles ago.
Vroom just offered me $27,648 for a 2017 440iGC with 39.5K miles. I'd say you have quite a deal there if you want to :plac: Not much room for :pinshit: in your tiny sports car though brah.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Vroom just offered me $27,648 for a 2017 440iGC with 39.5K miles. I'd say you have quite a deal there if you want to :plac: Not much room for :pinshit: in your tiny sports car though brah.
Huh, my Vroom offer is like $11K. Maybe this 'vana one is worth taking. I wonder how long you can punt the pickup date down the road/how long I want to live sans car.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Huh, my Vroom offer is like $11K. Maybe this 'vana one is worth taking. I wonder how long you can punt the pickup date down the road/how long I want to live sans car.
You can punt the pickup date out pretty far once the offer is accepted. I don't know how far, but mine was like 2 weeks after the offer expired.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:38 am
Brotha from another motha...

I just yesterday installed a dishwasher, we've been living the last few years without one because the one that was here was :gag: nasty after it didn't drain completely and the door was left closed for a year straight. We don't mind hand washing dishes, so it just wasn't much of a priority.

It's a PITA when you have company :doe: and that's what prompted me to get one finally as we have a bunch of guests coming over the next few months.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fuck that noise, dishwasher is key. Saves a ton of water too. I load/unload the thing ad pretty much do all of the dishes around here, so it won't be the cause of divorce in this household :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm Fuck that noise, dishwasher is key. Saves a ton of water too. I load/unload the thing ad pretty much do all of the dishes around here, so it won't be the cause of divorce in this household :lolol:
I'm on a well and septic, so water is free...but certainly a strong conservation opportunity but more so cleanliness. I ran a test load last night and was :mindblown: by how clean things were compare to hand washing.