McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:37 pm Well whatever genius at Pacific BMW who did my front brakes did some weird shit because ever since then I get this high pitch drone or low hum when braking depending on speed. There is odd wear pattern and marks on the rotors as well. Car brakes great, no problem with performance, no shudder or pulshing or anything, just the annoying hum and the marks. Looked back at the invoice from last time and they did not replace the rotors. Thought that was standard Bimmer protocol when doing pads, regardless of rotor thickness. Guess not. So I'm bringing Schtieglitz back in on Thurs of next week, dropping it off and picking up a loaner (again) so they can get it right.

I mean, why?
Still don’t get why you needed brakes this early ... but yea have em fix it. Rotors before 50k seems rather early too. Also maybe bed them in ?
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

My iDrive said it was time - I'll take the free brake job vs. dropping dimes on that bitch out of pocket. Yeah, bringing it in on thursday. Yeah they didnt do the rotors, just the pads but like I said, I had always heard it was bimmer protocol to do the pads and rotors at the same time. We'll see what they do while I'm burning rubber in an X1 for a few days
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Still hitting the chick at work? These LA poundtown interludes were breaking the monotony of endless minivan and SUV purchases to facilitate crotchfruit mobility.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:42 pm Still hitting the chick at work? These LA poundtown interludes were breaking the monotony of endless minivan and SUV purchases to facilitate crotchfruit mobility.
:dat:
Dirty old minds want to know. :popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

^^Yeah, she's become full blown GF. Its kind of bizarre. Maximillian knows, he follows me on IG. She's rad and like, insanely good with the girls, they love her and she is oddly a natural in the whole kid scene. I can't complain.. I really don't deserve it. I've always been the relationship type, so its really nice. And my ex wife (we finally filed for divorce like 3 weeks ago) became a cold, unfeeling robot for the last several years of the marriage and reluctantly, angrily 'scheduled weekly sex' per the advice of her quack, new age therapist....so being in this with a girl 20 years her junior who is kind, bubbly, fun, sincere with a killer bod and fantastic with the girls is like.. well, its refreshing. She is going to start a touring gig for a while, on and off so we won't be navigating the work thing any longer and I suppose the distance will keep things fresh. :iono:

HOpefully these dipshits at the deathstar fix my droning humming brand new front brakes tomorrow because this is getting annoying and my rotors have all kinds of odd wear marks on them ever since the install. Way to go "BMW master tech" brah, can't even do a brake job without me having to bring the thing back.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm ^^Yeah, she's become full blown GF. Its kind of bizarre. Maximillian knows, he follows me on IG. She's rad and like, insanely good with the girls, they love her and she is oddly a natural in the whole kid scene. I can't complain.. I really don't deserve it. I've always been the relationship type, so its really nice. And my ex wife (we finally filed for divorce like 3 weeks ago) became a cold, unfeeling robot for the last several years of the marriage and reluctantly, angrily 'scheduled weekly sex' per the advice of her quack, new age therapist....so being in this with a girl 20 years her junior who is kind, bubbly, fun, sincere with a killer bod and fantastic with the girls is like.. well, its refreshing. She is going to start a touring gig for a while, on and off so we won't be navigating the work thing any longer and I suppose the distance will keep things fresh. :iono:

HOpefully these dipshits at the deathstar fix my droning humming brand new front brakes tomorrow because this is getting annoying and my rotors have all kinds of odd wear marks on them ever since the install. Way to go "BMW master tech" brah, can't even do a brake job without me having to bring the thing back.
:popcorn: curious on what the solution is for doing one of the easiest things one can as a repair dude
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:49 am
McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm ^^Yeah, she's become full blown GF. Its kind of bizarre. Maximillian knows, he follows me on IG. She's rad and like, insanely good with the girls, they love her and she is oddly a natural in the whole kid scene. I can't complain.. I really don't deserve it. I've always been the relationship type, so its really nice. And my ex wife (we finally filed for divorce like 3 weeks ago) became a cold, unfeeling robot for the last several years of the marriage and reluctantly, angrily 'scheduled weekly sex' per the advice of her quack, new age therapist....so being in this with a girl 20 years her junior who is kind, bubbly, fun, sincere with a killer bod and fantastic with the girls is like.. well, its refreshing. She is going to start a touring gig for a while, on and off so we won't be navigating the work thing any longer and I suppose the distance will keep things fresh. :iono:

:popcorn: curious on what the solution is for doing one of the easiest things one can as a repair dude
Me too. It seems absurd.

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:49 am

Me too. It seems absurd.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

FWIW I've done the relationship thing quite a bit while being on the road/on a tour of some sort and it's better in a lot of ways in my opinion. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:15 am FWIW I've done the relationship thing quite a bit while being on the road/on a tour of some sort and it's better in a lot of ways in my opinion. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.
Yep not spending every waking min with sig other is quite nice... the azn and I split the week for now... but that may change soon. :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:15 am FWIW I've done the relationship thing quite a bit while being on the road/on a tour of some sort and it's better in a lot of ways in my opinion. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.
Yep not spending every waking min with sig other is quite nice... the azn and I split the week for now... but that may change soon. :disgust:
Man your comments on this impending marriage thing, while :notwrong: are........resigned. Very entertaining. :like:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:44 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Man your comments on this impending marriage thing, while :notwrong: are........resigned. Very entertaining. :like:
Let me ask you an honest question. Do you know a couple that is completely and utterly enamoured with each other and can't live apart ala the Notebook or some RomDram.

Real life relationshits that are successful IMO are a peaceful co-existence where each party benefits from one another. But this whole concept of ZOMG SOUL MATE LIFE I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. Is just a whole big bucket of month old feces in the Tenderloin, i'll believe it when I see it.

And I haven't yet, unlike the bucket.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you know a couple that is completely and utterly enamoured with each other and can't live apart ala the Notebook or some RomDram.

Real life relationshits that are successful IMO are a peaceful co-existence where each party benefits from one another. But this whole concept of ZOMG SOUL MATE LIFE I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. Is just a whole big bucket of month old feces in the Tenderloin, i'll believe it when I see it.

No, but I know a few that tend to go more towards that end of the spectrum that the peaceful co-existence one. As noted, I'm not disagreeing with you, most guys just wait a few years AFTER the LTR sets in to say these things. You're just getting it all out of the way up front. You're genetically predisposed to view the human existence with no small measure of motivational suspicion, which is seemingly a Russian national trait.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:02 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:55 pm

No, but I know a few that tend to go more towards that end of the spectrum that the peaceful co-existence one. As noted, I'm not disagreeing with you, most guys just wait a few years AFTER the LTR sets in to say these things. You're just getting it all out of the way up front. You're genetically predisposed to view the human existence with no small measure of motivational suspicion, which is seemingly a Russian national trait.
I am a bit older... 35 never married... may happen this year... So we shall see I have seen a few of my friends go :fullretard: on the whole marriage thing, and I am hoping not to make the same mistakes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:02 pm

I am a bit older... 35 never married... may happen this year... So we shall see I have seen a few of my friends go :fullretard: on the whole marriage thing, and I am hoping not to make the same mistakes.
I fully support your partnership approach to the whole thing. That's what people do on round 2 or 3, usually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:14 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:04 pm

I fully support your partnership approach to the whole thing. That's what people do on round 2 or 3, usually.
He is :notwrong:

I'm four years into the relationship and like a day into marriage and it's definitely a challenge at times. I know a couple of sunshine/rainbow types though, or at least some who act like it/pretend to e. Funny enough the top ones that come to mind are all second marriages.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am saving money on my taxes from last year though :like:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm I am saving money on my taxes from last year though :like:
We would move into the fuck you 1%er territory so we’d have to file separately ... also she now officially earns 50% more than me 🤨
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm I am saving money on my taxes from last year though :like:
We would move into the fuck you 1%er territory so we’d have to file separately ... also she now officially earns 50% more than me 🤨
Jesus, you Bay Area people just sleep on beds made of c-notes.

Its amazing how long people will stay in a marriage just cuz they don't want to be quitters or to see how long they can hack it or 'for the kids' or whatever other excuse they give themselves for staying in some shit scene. I don't think the institution is doomed or flawed per se and I think there are those who can make it work for the long haul but... its just like when you have kids - no one gives you a fucking handbook when you get into it, you navigate it the best you know how and learn a lot in the process. There are so many things I know now that I do differently and so many battles I pick more carefully now than I did before. If you would have told me a year ago when I was so depressed that I could hardly get out of bed that I would be where I am now, having a great time with this new girl, that the kids would be fine, better than fine, that I'd be cordial with the ex and be getting things sorted, I wouldn't have believed you. Moral of the story being if you're in a shit scene, GTFO and do everyone a favor.

Oh and theyre keeping my car all weekend because apparently minds are being BLOWN over how to get my NEW front brakes that they installed 2 weeks ago to stop droning and humming and chewing up the rotors. Meanwhile theyve got me in a 2020 330i currently, pretty well loaded. 2nd time in the new 3 series.. If you're in to in-car tech and just having your face melted with screens and displays and all that, its cool. I don't find the interior to be any better than the F30 and all the tech just reminds me of a Prius or something.

In terms of performance, its the same and all the magazines have pointed that out. I guess the steering feels a little heavier but its still artificial.. its not like there is steering "FEEL" now. Biggest improvement is there is an actual exhaust note vs. the F30 where its basically just fake engine noise piped in and whisper quiet exhaust. Seems to ride rougher too and mine doesnt have the m sport pkg (do they still do that?). Tech wise though, its leaps and bounds over the F30 but otherwise whatever.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

McQueenBalls wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:15 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Jesus, you Bay Area people just sleep on beds made of c-notes.

Its amazing how long people will stay in a marriage just cuz they don't want to be quitters or to see how long they can hack it or 'for the kids' or whatever other excuse they give themselves for staying in some shit scene. I don't think the institution is doomed or flawed per se and I think there are those who can make it work for the long haul but... its just like when you have kids - no one gives you a fucking handbook when you get into it, you navigate it the best you know how and learn a lot in the process. There are so many things I know now that I do differently and so many battles I pick more carefully now than I did before. If you would have told me a year ago when I was so depressed that I could hardly get out of bed that I would be where I am now, having a great time with this new girl, that the kids would be fine, better than fine, that I'd be cordial with the ex and be getting things sorted, I wouldn't have believed you. Moral of the story being if you're in a shit scene, GTFO and do everyone a favor.

Oh and theyre keeping my car all weekend because apparently minds are being BLOWN over how to get my NEW front brakes that they installed 2 weeks ago to stop droning and humming and chewing up the rotors. Meanwhile theyve got me in a 2020 330i currently, pretty well loaded. 2nd time in the new 3 series.. If you're in to in-car tech and just having your face melted with screens and displays and all that, its cool. I don't find the interior to be any better than the F30 and all the tech just reminds me of a Prius or something.

In terms of performance, its the same and all the magazines have pointed that out. I guess the steering feels a little heavier but its still artificial.. its not like there is steering "FEEL" now. Biggest improvement is there is an actual exhaust note vs. the F30 where its basically just fake engine noise piped in and whisper quiet exhaust. Seems to ride rougher too and mine doesnt have the m sport pkg (do they still do that?). Tech wise though, its leaps and bounds over the F30 but otherwise whatever.
I rode in one recently and actually prefer my F30 interior because I’m not really about all the screens and shit. Nice car though. I also daily drove an 03 Corvette for four years so clearly I am a terrible judge of interiors. Insane that I ever bought a :mk6: in the first place when that was kind of its claim to fame.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

^^ I will say that the tech in the G20 dwarfs the F30, just as the F30 tech blows away the E90 which feels like its from the 80s. Thats really the only thing though that was a stark contrast in the G20 where, when I finally got my car back this time, with every possible related Brake part replaced, new, and finally done properly (idiots), I sort of missed the loaner. But thats really it. My humble opinion, and I'm no auto journalist, but I really prefer the F30. The ''steering improvements" C&D has whacked it to seem imaginary to me. Still feels like artificial EPS to me, but what do I know? The styling of the G20 is so incredibly Asian looking, it reminds of an IS200T with a Bimmer badge on it. In an attempt to make the interior 'nicer', it just looks kind of gaudy and I am also convinced that the ergonomics have suffered a little in the newer model. Found it difficult to find the ideal driving position. But the tech is just like, light years ahead. But my F30 has the Nav which is still decent and hasn't seemed to improve much in 4 years, I can do my split screen shit and see my trip info and my nav, or the album artwork via Sirius or the weather or whatever and overall, its fine. So thats that - no G20 in my future. And gee whiz, I only owe $18000 on my car so I'm really making progress. :plac:

Q'Tine is getting a little fucking ridiculous no? I have never wanted to go eat at a restaurant more in my entire fucking life. "Stay safe" everyone.

I really hate how everyone keeps saying that.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm ^^ I will say that the tech in the G20 dwarfs the F30, just as the F30 tech blows away the E90 which feels like its from the 80s. Thats really the only thing though that was a stark contrast in the G20 where, when I finally got my car back this time, with every possible related Brake part replaced, new, and finally done properly (idiots), I sort of missed the loaner. But thats really it. My humble opinion, and I'm no auto journalist, but I really prefer the F30. The ''steering improvements" C&D has whacked it to seem imaginary to me. Still feels like artificial EPS to me, but what do I know? The styling of the G20 is so incredibly Asian looking, it reminds of an IS200T with a Bimmer badge on it. In an attempt to make the interior 'nicer', it just looks kind of gaudy and I am also convinced that the ergonomics have suffered a little in the newer model. Found it difficult to find the ideal driving position. But the tech is just like, light years ahead. But my F30 has the Nav which is still decent and hasn't seemed to improve much in 4 years, I can do my split screen shit and see my trip info and my nav, or the album artwork via Sirius or the weather or whatever and overall, its fine. So thats that - no G20 in my future. And gee whiz, I only owe $18000 on my car so I'm really making progress. :plac:

Q'Tine is getting a little fucking ridiculous no? I have never wanted to go eat at a restaurant more in my entire fucking life. "Stay safe" everyone.

Waffle Sammich Time Brah.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Stay safe bro
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm ^^ I will say that the tech in the G20 dwarfs the F30, just as the F30 tech blows away the E90 which feels like its from the 80s. Thats really the only thing though that was a stark contrast in the G20 where, when I finally got my car back this time, with every possible related Brake part replaced, new, and finally done properly (idiots), I sort of missed the loaner. But thats really it. My humble opinion, and I'm no auto journalist, but I really prefer the F30. The ''steering improvements" C&D has whacked it to seem imaginary to me. Still feels like artificial EPS to me, but what do I know? The styling of the G20 is so incredibly Asian looking, it reminds of an IS200T with a Bimmer badge on it. In an attempt to make the interior 'nicer', it just looks kind of gaudy and I am also convinced that the ergonomics have suffered a little in the newer model. Found it difficult to find the ideal driving position. But the tech is just like, light years ahead. But my F30 has the Nav which is still decent and hasn't seemed to improve much in 4 years, I can do my split screen shit and see my trip info and my nav, or the album artwork via Sirius or the weather or whatever and overall, its fine. So thats that - no G20 in my future. And gee whiz, I only owe $18000 on my car so I'm really making progress. :plac:

Sad to hear the steering is still lame.
Automatic F30 would be a nice car to own I guess.
max225

F30 vs G20... Meh... it seems like a half assed update because BMW along with other OEMs are all broke as a joke pouring money into Carbon tub E cars like the I3... that never sell for a profit and offsetting the costs by lowering the RD budgets for the bread and butter sedans.

The BMW glory days are done, you have to go M car or bust. The regular cars while mostly better than say a camry, are quite expensive and not as nice as they used to be compared to cheaper offerings in the past.

BMW(brand) is my most heavily owned brand. I have had 6, including 2///M cars and now the mini... I like it for what it is, but over time it is getting softer and softer and losing its' messaging/vision.