McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Cars are an epic waste of money, but whatever. Gotta have them, might as well have something you like.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm Cars are an epic waste of money, but whatever. Gotta have them, might as well have something you like.
:dat:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm Cars are an epic waste of money, but whatever. Gotta have them, might as well have something you like.
:dat:

Pick one you like to spend time in.
such thisness
this'th
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Pepe's Tires & Tacos. Where rubber meets the chorizo. :notbad:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:54 pm Pepe's Tires & Tacos. Where rubber meets the chorizo. :notbad:
Pepe bummed me out yesterday. He said he had the 2 tires i need because at this point I have a set of the staggered good years, 2 of them have 7/32 tread on them and 2 have 4/32 so I wanted to get 2 newish ones, he says he has them, $200 installed, I drive out there and he has them but they are down to like 5/32. I said 'the last ones I got were like 9/32, almost new' and he says these are all he has this week, check back later. And I said go jump in a fucking lake Pepe, I will accept only the most pristine used tires" and that was it. So I still need 2 tires. Fuckers.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

How bad are yours now ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

This week's tires are next week's chorizo
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 am This week's tires are next week's chorizo
Where this chorizo is going, it doesn't need tires......

From a Spanish Shop in Queens, Chorizo That’s Out of This World
Despaña ships all over the world, and its chorizo has gone even beyond. Pedro Duque, a Spanish astronaut (and customer), requested sausage from Despaña to take on a NASA mission in 1998. Mr. Intriago said he sent a few options to Houston, all vacuum-packed. Some were deemed too pungent, but the chorizo eventually made its way to the International Space Station, from where Mr. Duque sent back photos of the sausage, floating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/09/nyre ... world.html
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:24 am How bad are yours now ?
1 rear has 7/32 and 1 rear has 4/32
1 front has 7/32 and 1 front has 4/32

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm
U just need a front and a rear @2/32
The fuck u doing
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

McQueenBalls wrote:
You need an oval track.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:06 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm

The fuck u doing
I don't know what you mean. I had a new set all around. 2 of those got side wall bubbles so I got them replaced. The remaining 2 are now worn down to between 3 and 4 32nds, which is time to replace. I am OCD and feel weird about running 2 newish and 2 worn tires on my Camry.

Hey GriffBalls, have you had an issue at all with your external temperature sensor? I don't get any kind of error code or anything but my external temperature is almost never right. It can be 100 out and it says 80. Or its at 65 all the time. This is a recent thing and I haven't wanted to bring it in because theres no point. My next oil change is in 3k miles so I'll prob just have them replace the sensor when I do the oil change

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:39 pm

The fuck u doing
I don't know what you mean. I had a new set all around. 2 of those got side wall bubbles so I got them replaced. The remaining 2 are now worn down to between 3 and 4 32nds, which is time to replace. I am OCD and feel weird about running 2 newish and 2 worn tires on my Camry.

Hey GriffBalls, have you had an issue at all with your external temperature sensor? I don't get any kind of error code or anything but my external temperature is almost never right. It can be 100 out and it says 80. Or its at 65 all the time. This is a recent thing and I haven't wanted to bring it in because theres no point. My next oil change is in 3k miles so I'll prob just have them replace the sensor when I do the oil change
Nah mine works perfectly as far as I can tell outside of showing really hot when it’s been sitting in the sun, but all cars do that as far as I know.
max225

The fuck u doing

I suppose I’m confused how your right/left tires are so unevenly worn. I get you get em used, but I wouldn’t have put on a mismatched set as such on, unless I got confused by your post earlier where the bubbles forced you into these right/left mismatches.

You should Have 2 months time to get the other tires, as you’re at 4/32 which is plenty
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 am

I suppose I’m confused how your right/left tires are so unevenly worn. I get you get em used, but I wouldn’t have put on a mismatched set as such on, unless I got confused by your post earlier where the bubbles forced you into these right/left mismatches.

You should Have 2 months time to get the other tires, as you’re at 4/32 which is plenty
Ok... pretend you have a new set of tires. You go along for a while on that set and then right around the same time, 2 tires (1 front and 1 rear) get sidwall bubbles and you have to replace those 2 tires. So you get 2 new ones on there but by this time, the other 2 have worn down. And so it goes.

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Hit some epic pothole on the freeway doing like 70 the other day and now Im drifting to the right. Called 2 BMW shops in El A that are held in high regard by the Rolex set and this one can do it this week for $170. I hear thats a good deal for BMW alignment. Supposedly some special german gnomes with little specialized midget tools can only do BMW alignments and that some tire place won't do. I can attest to this anecdotally because once I had an alignment done at just tires on my 320 and it was worse than when I brought it in and they swore it was 'on' when they were done w/it. I then had it done @ the dealer for more than $200 and it was spot on so maybe its true.. But I hear the guys doing alignments at the dealer are a step above the oil change monkeys so who knows...

So this place in Pasadena is supposed to be good and they're like "drop it off at 11am, we'll give you a ride home and then pick you up at the end of the day". I was like "isn't it just an alignment?" there was a beat, and you could sense the contempt in this guy's voice and he proceeds to tell me that he should basically be working on the Mars rover at Nasa because it requires such specialized skill to do the alignment on this car. Who knows. Sounds like total hype to me but whatever. The shop is supposed to be legit. I know the M sport suspension is probably a little more complex than the basic multi link on an Accord, but come on now. Anyway, Its apparently some epic process. I guess they do road force balance or whatever its called and a bunch of other gay BMW shit that takes all fucking day and at the end they all gather round the car with the wheels off and bukake my poor car until it drives straight as an arrow again. But whatever, if they're giving me a ride, fine I suppose.

All I know is little things like bad alignment drives me fucking nuts. Total disturbance in the force, the pulling to the right. I've had this car 3 years and this is the first alignment, pretty incredible actually. Seems like every lesser pleb proletariat car I have had in the past always had alignment issues. God only knows gentlemen, GOK

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bimmer-phd-mot ... alignement

More useless observations.. I tried to get an appointment at the M Shop. The M Shop is the holy grail of indie BMW shops in the LA area. They are only $120 for an alignment... and can see me in 3 weeks. The girl on the phone says "we are usually booked out for 3 weeks, so you can make an appointment 3 weeks from now." Am I making an appointment for someone to remove a blood clot from my brain? Jesus, 3 fucking weeks?! I asked her if this is basically the case for all service and repairs and she said "yes, the average wait time is 3 weeks." So ok, pretend in a year, this car is out of warranty and some shitty plastic part breaks that costs $1500 to fix and requires many gnomes with tiny tools to fix it, and pretend I was like "screw the stealership bro, I'm going to an indie shop", I would have to bring my broken car to the M Shop and then rent a car for 3-4 weeks while these fuckers got around to looking at it?! Holy shit. People do this?? This is a revelation. No way. I'll tell you why this is a revelation, because this means that the only option having this car out of warranty is that I (A) buy a grip of specialized tools and use all that non existent free time I have to learn to work on this completely over-engineered machine, which I will no doubt fuck up even worse in the process or (B) I buy an extended warranty from the dealer and call it a day. I also have a theory that people who do any real work on these cars, aside from oil changes, are retired men in Havisu with a boat in their front yard that have all the fucking time in the world. Or bros in their 20s with zero responsibilities, no children and shitloads of time on their hands. I mean seriously, its your main day to day mode of transportation and it strands you on the side of the road and suddenly you roll up your sleeves like GQ master tech bro and say "no worries bros, I got this, lemme just get my torx bit set and I'm golden." No way. I call BS>

Cuz heres the thing... BMW gays out so hard with white gloves like me that they even do extended maintenance intervals too. You can buy the whole shebang, like platinum emerald VIP unicorn fur bumper to bumper warranty up to 100k miles AND service/maintenance package. These prob cost a fortune, but I know they negotiate with you if you are retarded enough to buy these packages. Anyway its basically set up to feel like it feels when your car is new. You bring it in, you get loaner cars, they can see you right away, these fuckers even come to your house.. Now I don't know about other people's experiences in states where there are like 2 BMW dealerships but there like 30 down here so they compete hard for your business. For example, the last service I had was the 3 year service. They did oil change, cabin air filter, wiper blades and brake fluid flush. I told them I was busy and needed a loaner. They literally drove a new 330i TO MY FUCKING HOUSE, dropped it off, took my car, serviced it and returned it to me. Are you kidding me? That is amazing. So I am told that if you have an extended service contract, that its basically the same deal up to 100k miles, 7 years, whatever it is. Compare that to taking the car to the M shop, Ubering to Hertz and renting a Rav4 with manual A/C dials and driving that for 3 weeks while the indie shop bros get around to looking at my car?

Conclusion, I will be purchasing mass amounts of lube in a year and buying an extended service contract. I mean if it means the same level of service i have had thus far, I guess I'd pay for that shit. Its either that or roll the dice or go the indie shop route and wait several weeks while I drive around a Chevy Malibu that smells like diapers. I mean think about it, think about those little indie shops.. they are the size of a studio apartment and there are just cars coming out of every possible area, double parked, triple parked, on lifts.. There is no way an indie can do the volume of a dealer, not even a fraction of the volume. And how much cheaper is it really? 35% cheaper say.. Lets say its 35% cheaper to go to an indie. You know why? cuz they have your car for THREE FUCKING WEEKS before they can look at it.

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:20 pm Hit some epic pothole on the freeway doing like 70 the other day and now Im drifting to the right. Called 2 BMW shops in El A that are held in high regard by the Rolex set and this one can do it this week for $170. I hear thats a good deal for BMW alignment. Supposedly some special german gnomes with little specialized midget tools can only do BMW alignments and that some tire place won't do. I can attest to this anecdotally because once I had an alignment done at just tires on my 320 and it was worse than when I brought it in and they swore it was 'on' when they were done w/it. I then had it done @ the dealer for more than $200 and it was spot on so maybe its true.. But I hear the guys doing alignments at the dealer are a step above the oil change monkeys so who knows...

So this place in Pasadena is supposed to be good and they're like "drop it off at 11am, we'll give you a ride home and then pick you up at the end of the day". I was like "isn't it just an alignment?" there was a beat, and you could sense the contempt in this guy's voice and he proceeds to tell me that he should basically be working on the Mars rover at Nasa because it requires such specialized skill to do the alignment on this car. Who knows. Sounds like total hype to me but whatever. The shop is supposed to be legit. I know the M sport suspension is probably a little more complex than the basic multi link on an Accord, but come on now. Anyway, Its apparently some epic process. I guess they do road force balance or whatever its called and a bunch of other gay BMW shit that takes all fucking day and at the end they all gather round the car with the wheels off and bukake my poor car until it drives straight as an arrow again. But whatever, if they're giving me a ride, fine I suppose.

All I know is little things like bad alignment drives me fucking nuts. Total disturbance in the force, the pulling to the right. I've had this car 3 years and this is the first alignment, pretty incredible actually. Seems like every lesser pleb proletariat car I have had in the past always had alignment issues. God only knows gentlemen, GOK

More useless observations.. I tried to get an appointment at the M Shop. The M Shop is the holy grail of indie BMW shops in the LA area. They are only $120 for an alignment... and can see me in 3 weeks. The girl on the phone says "we are usually booked out for 3 weeks, so you can make an appointment 3 weeks from now." Am I making an appointment for someone to remove a blood clot from my brain? Jesus, 3 fucking weeks?! I asked her if this is basically the case for all service and repairs and she said "yes, the average wait time is 3 weeks." So ok, pretend in a year, this car is out of warranty and some shitty plastic part breaks that costs $1500 to fix and requires many gnomes with tiny tools to fix it, and pretend I was like "screw the stealership bro, I'm going to an indie shop", I would have to bring my broken car to the M Shop and then rent a car for 3-4 weeks while these fuckers got around to looking at it?! Holy shit. People do this?? This is a revelation. No way. I'll tell you why this is a revelation, because this means that the only option having this car out of warranty is that I (A) buy a grip of specialized tools and use all that non existent free time I have to learn to work on this completely over-engineered machine, which I will no doubt fuck up even worse in the process or (B) I buy an extended warranty from the dealer and call it a day. I also have a theory that people who do any real work on these cars, aside from oil changes, are retired men in Havisu with a boat in their front yard that have all the fucking time in the world. Or bros in their 20s with zero responsibilities, no children and shitloads of time on their hands. I mean seriously, its your main day to day mode of transportation and it strands you on the side of the road and suddenly you roll up your sleeves like GQ master tech bro and say "no worries bros, I got this, lemme just get my torx bit set and I'm golden." No way. I call BS>

Cuz heres the thing... BMW gays out so hard with white gloves like me that they even do extended maintenance intervals too. You can buy the whole shebang, like platinum emerald VIP unicorn fur bumper to bumper warranty up to 100k miles AND service/maintenance package. These prob cost a fortune, but I know they negotiate with you if you are retarded enough to buy these packages. Anyway its basically set up to feel like it feels when your car is new. You bring it in, you get loaner cars, they can see you right away, these fuckers even come to your house.. Now I don't know about other people's experiences in states where there are like 2 BMW dealerships but there like 30 down here so they compete hard for your business. For example, the last service I had was the 3 year service. They did oil change, cabin air filter, wiper blades and brake fluid flush. I told them I was busy and needed a loaner. They literally drove a new 330i TO MY FUCKING HOUSE, dropped it off, took my car, serviced it and returned it to me. Are you kidding me? That is amazing. So I am told that if you have an extended service contract, that its basically the same deal up to 100k miles, 7 years, whatever it is. Compare that to taking the car to the M shop, Ubering to Hertz and renting a Rav4 with manual A/C dials and driving that for 3 weeks while the indie shop bros get around to looking at my car?

Conclusion, I will be purchasing mass amounts of lube in a year and buying an extended service contract. I mean if it means the same level of service i have had thus far, I guess I'd pay for that shit. Its either that or roll the dice or go the indie shop route and wait several weeks while I drive around a Chevy Malibu that smells like diapers. I mean think about it, think about those little indie shops.. they are the size of a studio apartment and there are just cars coming out of every possible area, double parked, triple parked, on lifts.. There is no way an indie can do the volume of a dealer, not even a fraction of the volume. And how much cheaper is it really? 35% cheaper say.. Lets say its 35% cheaper to go to an indie. You know why? cuz they have your car for THREE FUCKING WEEKS before they can look at it.
:amazing:

Bruh you ok? :lolgasm:
You need to get to shop around for indies a bit more, I did an alignment on my m3 for $99. In and out in 30min. And that’s an M3 suspension not some fake sport etc. not that it matters anyways. It’s really straight forward shit on most cars. You’re not in a pagani hyuara

There are shops that specialize in alignments for track day bros and id take it there.

Also socal dealerships sound nice, NorCal was shit. No appointments for a week and I get no loaners nothing.

My m3 sounded like a freight train derailing because Little Pebbles we’re stuck between the heat shield and the rotor... and guess what ... no loaner go fuck your self and drive the pos until we get the parts for a week. And I had to Uber to and from the dealershit.

So if socal is staffed by Aryan angels that deliver new cars to your house so you won’t be disturbed then factor that into your :wasteful: decision. Time is money
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

The only shop in an hour radius of here that's any good at alignments is generally booked a month out too. :fullretard:

I did it myself in the driveway instead. Toe plates + laser measuring tool = super easy to get toe dialed in. Camber/caster is a lot more work but they're not even adjustable on most cars anyway.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:20 pm Hit some epic pothole on the freeway doing like 70 the other day and now Im drifting to the right. Called 2 BMW shops in El A that are held in high regard by the Rolex set and this one can do it this week for $170. I hear thats a good deal for BMW alignment. Supposedly some special german gnomes with little specialized midget tools can only do BMW alignments and that some tire place won't do. I can attest to this anecdotally because once I had an alignment done at just tires on my 320 and it was worse than when I brought it in and they swore it was 'on' when they were done w/it. I then had it done @ the dealer for more than $200 and it was spot on so maybe its true.. But I hear the guys doing alignments at the dealer are a step above the oil change monkeys so who knows...

You need to get to shop around for indies a bit more, I did an alignment on my m3 for $99. In and out in 30min. And that’s an M3 suspension not some fake sport etc. not that it matters anyways. It’s really straight forward shit on most cars. You’re not in a pagani hyuara

There are shops that specialize in alignments for track day bros and id take it there.

Also socal dealerships sound nice, NorCal was shit. No appointments for a week and I get no loaners nothing.

My m3 sounded like a freight train derailing because Little Pebbles we’re stuck between the heat shield and the rotor... and guess what ... no loaner go fuck your self and drive the pos until we get the parts for a week. And I had to Uber to and from the dealershit.

So if socal is staffed by Aryan angels that deliver new cars to your house so you won’t be disturbed then factor that into your :wasteful: decision. Time is money
90 bucks? Isn't the M sport suspension the same across the line all the way up the line unless its the adaptive, or does the M3 have unicorn suspension? The M sport sus is definitely different than the standard suspension but it can't be that complicated.

Yeah spoiled with the dealership scene around here.

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm

90 bucks? Isn't the M sport suspension the same across the line all the way up the line unless its the adaptive, or does the M3 have unicorn suspension? The M sport sus is definitely different than the standard suspension but it can't be that complicated.

Yeah spoiled with the dealership scene around here.
M3 suspension is quite different all ///M specific components. Also adaptive or not doesn’t matter.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

There is this shop in La Canada Flintridge, close by. Gets a lot of good reviews. I took my GTI here ages ago, I think it was like $120 for an alignment. Hmm. I'm not trying to spend $200 and leave my car in Pasadena all day if I can help it but if these guys do it wrong, I'm back to square one. I just remember when I had the pointless alignment on the 320 at Just Tires or wherever, they charged me anyway. They said it was spot on, it wasn't and I still had to pay, so I paid for an alignment twice. They just show you on the computer that everythings in the green and put their hands up like "nothing else we can do". I have read threads on this and these BMw bros swear there are different machines and different software to align these cars. I just want an alignment that doesnt take all day and doesnt cost a lot of money, but if the BMW specific place is a surer bet, I guess its worth it. Thoughts? Are you guys with Bimmers and Minis and porsche Gaymans and whatever trying to say that any shop anywhere can work on these cars?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/performance-ti ... r-montrose

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm There is this shop in La Canada Flintridge, close by. Gets a lot of good reviews. I took my GTI here ages ago, I think it was like $120 for an alignment. Hmm. I'm not trying to spend $200 and leave my car in Pasadena all day if I can help it but if these guys do it wrong, I'm back to square one. I just remember when I had the pointless alignment on the 320 at Just Tires or wherever, they charged me anyway. They said it was spot on, it wasn't and I still had to pay, so I paid for an alignment twice. They just show you on the computer that everythings in the green and put their hands up like "nothing else we can do". I have read threads on this and these BMw bros swear there are different machines and different software to align these cars. I just want an alignment that doesnt take all day and doesnt cost a lot of money, but if the BMW specific place is a surer bet, I guess its worth it. Thoughts? Are you guys with Bimmers and Minis and porsche Gaymans and whatever trying to say that any shop anywhere can work on these cars?

Take it to any alignment shop that will dial in what you want. The best alignment shops are usually shitty hole in the wall places and all they do are alignments.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:38 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm There is this shop in La Canada Flintridge, close by. Gets a lot of good reviews. I took my GTI here ages ago, I think it was like $120 for an alignment. Hmm. I'm not trying to spend $200 and leave my car in Pasadena all day if I can help it but if these guys do it wrong, I'm back to square one. I just remember when I had the pointless alignment on the 320 at Just Tires or wherever, they charged me anyway. They said it was spot on, it wasn't and I still had to pay, so I paid for an alignment twice. They just show you on the computer that everythings in the green and put their hands up like "nothing else we can do". I have read threads on this and these BMw bros swear there are different machines and different software to align these cars. I just want an alignment that doesnt take all day and doesnt cost a lot of money, but if the BMW specific place is a surer bet, I guess its worth it. Thoughts? Are you guys with Bimmers and Minis and porsche Gaymans and whatever trying to say that any shop anywhere can work on these cars?

Take it to any alignment shop that will dial in what you want. The best alignment shops are usually shitty hole in the wall places and all they do are alignments.
Well the last one I posted, performance tire or whatever, is just alignments, tires and suspension. That Bimmer shop is an indie all purpose bimmer shop

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Darren at Westend Alignment in Gardena is an alignment legend. No computers, does it all by manual measurements. Dude has a serious rep south of you, could be worth the drive. Make an appointment must be on time, and he'll get it done while you wait. Super chill guy, I usually chatted with him while he worked. He aligned every car I had when I lived there (and that was many).

https://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-alignment-gardena
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Godamn, Gardena.. Thats like 2 hours traffic roundtrip.. Sounds like a legend though.

Im rolling the dice on ol' performance tire and going there now, he can see me at 11:30a and its $80 for an alignment, 1/2 price of the unicorn all day BMW place. Dude gets 5 stars out of a lot of reviews and I see lots of higher end cars going in and out of that garage so fuck it, probably fine. We shall see.