Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

In for updates.
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I do wonder how that dude is doing... he was doing live event type work... that industry is essentially dead at the moment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 pm I do wonder how that dude is doing... he was doing live event type work... that industry is essentially dead at the moment.
:word: I was really lucky to pull out of that 1.5 years ago. Hope that McQueen is OK.

:pouroneout: it was fun to read his stories here for his brief return. We were brothers in :F30: for a brief bit there.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:22 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 pm I do wonder how that dude is doing... he was doing live event type work... that industry is essentially dead at the moment.
:word: I was really lucky to pull out of that 1.5 years ago. Hope that McQueen is OK.

:pouroneout: it was fun to read his stories here for his brief return. We were brothers in :F30: for a brief bit there.
It is :impressive: how many of us had/have a F30. considering how much HATE that platform got about being soft etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:35 pm

It is :impressive: how many of us had/have a F30. considering how much HATE that platform got about being soft etc.
:iono: while that car was never exactly "my thing" I think they are really excellent in a lot of ways. Only make sense at used pricing :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm

:iono: while that car was never exactly "my thing" I think they are really excellent in a lot of ways. Only make sense at used pricing :doe:
I loved my leases, minus the terrible service experiences.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Never set foot in a BMW :tubeman: to this day.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Never set foot in a BMW :tubeman: to this day.
You’re not missing out that’s for sure
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

They are OK. My first mod on that car is gonna be some new dampers. The MSport ones are overly stiff without a point? There has to be a better way.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm

They are OK. My first mod on that car is gonna be some new dampers. The MSport ones are overly stiff without a point? There has to be a better way.
STIFF :mindblown: maybe because I had there DCC or whatever those useless shocks were on the 335i, but they were certainly not stiff...

Is your M sport on 18"s or 19s?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I thought the M Sport (no :fancy: electric shit) was actually pretty perfect - compliant and comfy but still fairly sporty.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm

STIFF :mindblown: maybe because I had there DCC or whatever those useless shocks were on the 335i, but they were certainly not stiff...

Yessir. The car rides worse than the C6 with DRM Bilsteins. Even with 18 inch PS4S not runcraps. They are not the adjustable dampers. I'm a long term car holder and 3 way shocks break and cost major coin to replace and I'd just rather have a good set of shocks.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:58 pm STIFF :mindblown: maybe because I had there DCC or whatever those useless shocks were on the 335i, but they were certainly not stiff...

Yessir. The car rides worse than the C6 with DRM Bilsteins. Even with 18 inch PS4S not runcraps. They are not the adjustable dampers. I'm a long term car holder and 3 way shocks break and cost major coin to replace and I'd just rather have a good set of shocks.
C6 on brosteins is actually a pretty high bar. Stiff chassis and double wishboners allows for fairly soft wheel rates while still performing great.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
C6 on brosteins is actually a pretty high bar. Stiff chassis and double wishboners allows for fairly soft wheel rates while still performing great.
Yeah it has soaked up some punishment with a muted "whump" that I thought would be way worse.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:06 pm

That's quite bizarre to be honest.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 pm I thought the M Sport (no :fancy: electric shit) was actually pretty perfect - compliant and comfy but still fairly sporty.
Perhaps I'm in a "If the ride is too stiff, you're too old" type deal.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm not saying it's turrible..........I just feel like I could have better shocks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I haven't mentioned to you in particular, but thanks for the review on the DRM Bilsteins, the :poorvette: really does ride way better with them, and I noticed an improvement on track as well. Definitely worth a couple hundo over the stock shit.

I still think my BMW rode a little better though. A lot of that could be in the tires as well as the perception based on the noises inside. Every bump in the C5 thuds inside, the BMW was much more refined, which may have masked the ride quality to me a bit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:31 pm

I haven't mentioned to you in particular, but thanks for the review on the DRM Bilsteins, the :poorvette: really does ride way better with them, and I noticed an improvement on track as well. Definitely worth a couple hundo over the stock shit.

I still think my BMW rode a little better though. A lot of that could be in the tires as well as the perception based on the noises inside. Every bump in the C5 thuds inside, the BMW was much more refined, which may have masked the ride quality to me a bit.
The Brosteins are huge bang for the buck. I have bought a lot of Brosteins in the last 30 years and the fact that they are the cheapest set I've ever bought is :mindblown: to me. My C6 only has 25K on it and I have the Lloyd Mats everywhere and I have the leather encrusted interior, all of which probably adds a measure of cabin refinement/silencing over a 100K mile C5.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:31 pm

The Brosteins are huge bang for the buck. I have bought a lot of Brosteins in the last 30 years and the fact that they are the cheapest set I've ever bought is :mindblown: to me. My C6 only has 25K on it and I have the Lloyd Mats everywhere and I have the leather encrusted interior, all of which probably adds a measure of cabin refinement/silencing over a 100K mile C5.
I have the Lloy's as well :sissyfight:

That is my middle name after all.

25K miles? :really:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm

I have the Lloy's as well :sissyfight:

That is my middle name after all.

25K miles? :really:
Garage Queen Lyfe. I have driven it every day this week.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I missed the C6 this week, they are cool cars that feel rare and special in ways that only owning them for a few years can explain. Would I get another one, probably not but I'm thankful for the time i had with mine.

I probably need to ride out the next three or four years and I'll be ready for the next fun thing.... not sure yet if it will be a 🏎 or a :jeep: . My silly brain pulled out memories of me bringing back to life a 1978 Dodge Ramcharger when I was 16, since it was cheap and in fairly good condition body/interior wise so I want one of those too and envision kitting it out with all kinds of :wasteful: offroad shit, a roll bar and custom paint. Gotta lay low :doe: so I may need to stop reading all these threads.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Did someone say BMW's???

Speaking of, I absolutely despise their current direction. First off, the 2 series gran coupe that's FWD (or fwd based x-drive for that matter or whatever bullshit) and call the 4 banger a M car called "M235i"? get the fuck outta here. Without the kidneys replaced with a traditional/conservative grille and the roundel, you could've easily mistake it as a KIA. Like it's really an overpriced pile of junk to my eyes. Same story with the new 1 series (except with a decent front end), but we won't get those here away. Y'all already know the upcoming 4 series. And now.....NOW, the subscription bullshit. Like fuck, I'd only pay only for heated seats for probably 5 months at best and fuck the adaptive cruise :derp: bullshit that attracts broads with pink iPhone cases with 2hunnid unread texts that can't drive for shit.

Sorry to tread jack if for whatever reason I did was offensive, I'll let my index and middle fingers cut off like they do in sharia law. :yeahok: :csb: :crang: :ohwell: :aintcare:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:58 pm Did someone say BMW's???

Speaking of, I absolutely despise their current direction. First off, the 2 series gran coupe that's FWD (or fwd based x-drive for that matter or whatever bullshit) and call the 4 banger a M car called "M235i"? get the fuck outta here. Without the kidneys replaced with a traditional/conservative grille and the roundel, you could've easily mistake it as a KIA. Like it's really an overpriced pile of junk to my eyes. Same story with the new 1 series (except with a decent front end), but we won't get those here away. Y'all already know the upcoming 4 series. And now.....NOW, the subscription bullshit. Like fuck, I'd only pay only for heated seats for probably 5 months at best and fuck the adaptive cruise :derp: bullshit that attracts broads with pink iPhone cases with 2hunnid unread texts that can't drive for shit.

Sorry to tread jack if for whatever reason I did was offensive, I'll let my index and middle fingers cut off like they do in sharia law. :yeahok: :csb: :crang: :ohwell: :aintcare:
Their current direction is making coin. Kind of like Starbucks had good coffee in 1990 but now it just serves a lot of overpriced ciabatta sandwiches and 700 calorie drinks that mask shit coffee with sugar.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:58 pm Did someone say BMW's???

they always had a bunch of shit cars, :member: the 4 cyl from the 90s... 318i 318ti etc... :disgust: gotta pay to play with them...

Also they are notoriously unreliable used. I learned my lesson, and I am hoping the mini is a bit different, but at least it isn't THAT much money to lose on it. Most BMWs are incredible money pits, outside of E36 M3s with the US spec motor.