McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Great read here. Much poon slain. Much trouble with squirrels.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:34 pm Great read here. Much poon slain. Much trouble with squirrels.
Haha. Yeah, its been an interesting time my friend... an interesting time. I told the ex yet still wife about the GF the other day and she wasn't even phased - proof she has been over it for like, years probably. She was just like "cool, I'm happy for you, shes nice." i was like "she'll prob be around the kids and stuff, etc." and she was like "yeah, ofcourse.. cool, thanks for telling me." Just like, so over it. Better than drama though - I'll take it
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:34 pm Great read here. Much poon slain. Much trouble with squirrels.
Haha. Yeah, its been an interesting time my friend... an interesting time. I told the ex yet still wife about the GF the other day and she wasn't even phased - proof she has been over it for like, years probably. She was just like "cool, I'm happy for you, shes nice." i was like "she'll prob be around the kids and stuff, etc." and she was like "yeah, ofcourse.. cool, thanks for telling me." Just like, so over it. Better than drama though - I'll take it
:fuckyeah: lack of drama is 5/7.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:06 pm

:fuckyeah: lack of drama is 5/7.
:dat: :amazing:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This is probably the most :notbad: this could have gone. :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's as good as it gets barring an ex who will still throw in with a three way and I have never actually heard or seen that happening IRL.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

^^ Yeah man the sheer lack of drama was a little unsettling but I'll take it, for now. She spent christmas eve here and then all day yesterday here with me and my daughters and she was like, a natural. The girls loved her and had fun and my oldest asked her to 'sleepover'. They'll likely tell the ex all about it so that will be the true test to see just how cool she is being.

Observation: it is amazing how social media and 'sharing' has rewired our brains, or ok, I'll speak for myself here, rewired my brain to where if something significant or insignificant happens, there is this compulsion to share it. We are trying to keep the relashe on the DL right now because it would be sort of scandalous with the work scene so we are easing into that so not posting on IG has been difficult. Yes, I realize I sound like kind of a dipshit saying that but its just crazy how all the apps and bullshit have that effect on our impulses. Like its truly been a challenge to not post something. Or maybe its like, I want people to know or see. Show it off? Its really only friends that follow me, I'm not some IG person so a lot of those people know what Ive been through in the past year so theres this urge to be like "see, things are better now, it turned out alright." I realize this is all flawed thinking.

Geico bro went and looked at the car apparently, its just shy of $6000. Only a portion of the harness was chewed up and then part of the firewall/insulator etc. but they gotta drop the engine, align it all that, so thats where all the $ goes, in the labor. If I remember from last time it was a shit ton of labor.
I could get used to the mom mobile. Been in the X1 for a week and its a real easy car to live with. Easier to live with than the 3 series. Easier to get in and out of, easier to get kids in and out of, better visibility, etc. In terms of driving enjoyment though the 328 blows it away. Lower center of gravity, M sports suspension makes a big dif, those shitty all seasons on the X1, and front wheel drive is such a bummer when you are used to RWD. Also, I am NOT a fan of the new 4 banger. I didn't like it in the 330 either. Its a combo of the engine and trans. The programming is different with the trans and its geared more for fuel economy but it doesn't seem to make a dif in real world driving. Theres no active sound on the x1 either so it just has that blow dryer at full throttle sound.

I have a theory that theyve improved the sensatec. It seems softer but I could be imagining. So being in this car makes me think an X3 40i would be just a beast as a daily driver for the next car. Being in this loaner reminds me how fickle I am with cars and that ill likely have a car payment until the end of time. No way I'll be in the 328 long enough to pay it off, jesus. I'll prob just jump ship in a few years when a little 'equity' is in the car and mom mobile out and take solace in the inline 6.

I think maybe I need to explore lease takeovers or something and just do like, 2 years at a time and move on. I say I love whatever Im in and if you put me in something new and shiny with the new smell and a few new little gadgets or tech or whatever im like, ok I'll take this one now.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:40 pm ^^ Yeah man the sheer lack of drama was a little unsettling but I'll take it, for now. She spent christmas eve here and then all day yesterday here with me and my daughters and she was like, a natural. The girls loved her and had fun and my oldest asked her to 'sleepover'. They'll likely tell the ex all about it so that will be the true test to see just how cool she is being.

Observation: it is amazing how social media and 'sharing' has rewired our brains, or ok, I'll speak for myself here, rewired my brain to where if something significant or insignificant happens, there is this compulsion to share it. We are trying to keep the relashe on the DL right now because it would be sort of scandalous with the work scene so we are easing into that so not posting on IG has been difficult. Yes, I realize I sound like kind of a dipshit saying that but its just crazy how all the apps and bullshit have that effect on our impulses. Like its truly been a challenge to not post something. Or maybe its like, I want people to know or see. Show it off? Its really only friends that follow me, I'm not some IG person so a lot of those people know what Ive been through in the past year so theres this urge to be like "see, things are better now, it turned out alright." I realize this is all flawed thinking.

Geico bro went and looked at the car apparently, its just shy of $6000. Only a portion of the harness was chewed up and then part of the firewall/insulator etc. but they gotta drop the engine, align it all that, so thats where all the $ goes, in the labor. If I remember from last time it was a shit ton of labor.
I could get used to the mom mobile. Been in the X1 for a week and its a real easy car to live with. Easier to live with than the 3 series. Easier to get in and out of, easier to get kids in and out of, better visibility, etc. In terms of driving enjoyment though the 328 blows it away. Lower center of gravity, M sports suspension makes a big dif, those shitty all seasons on the X1, and front wheel drive is such a bummer when you are used to RWD. Also, I am NOT a fan of the new 4 banger. I didn't like it in the 330 either. Its a combo of the engine and trans. The programming is different with the trans and its geared more for fuel economy but it doesn't seem to make a dif in real world driving. Theres no active sound on the x1 either so it just has that blow dryer at full throttle sound.

I have a theory that theyve improved the sensatec. It seems softer but I could be imagining. So being in this car makes me think an X3 40i would be just a beast as a daily driver for the next car. Being in this loaner reminds me how fickle I am with cars and that ill likely have a car payment until the end of time. No way I'll be in the 328 long enough to pay it off, jesus. I'll prob just jump ship in a few years when a little 'equity' is in the car and mom mobile out and take solace in the inline 6.

I think maybe I need to explore lease takeovers or something and just do like, 2 years at a time and move on. I say I love whatever Im in and if you put me in something new and shiny with the new smell and a few new little gadgets or tech or whatever im like, ok I'll take this one now.
Dude why does the woman need to be on your IG, my azn is off that thing. Privacy is key, no need to announce that shit, and it is WAYY to soon, you guys are a "thing" for a month? No need to plaster that for other people to judge.

X1 is easier to live with because its a hatchback/raised/goodfonthin box, it's just how these things go. X340 insert random digit here is like 60k. :nope: That's just pathetic when you can get a nice used 2 year old 340i for 27k or less

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/ ... 81511.html

To be honest they are still boring cars though. I wasn't super fond of my fake sport. I do understand the crotchfruit compromise though...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

McQueenBalls wrote:^^ Yeah man the sheer lack of drama was a little unsettling but I'll take it, for now. She spent christmas eve here and then all day yesterday here with me and my daughters and she was like, a natural. The girls loved her and had fun and my oldest asked her to 'sleepover'. They'll likely tell the ex all about it so that will be the true test to see just how cool she is being.

As a :millennial: whose a first gen to have a smart phone as a teenager. I wholeheartedly agree about social media. I have friends that posts EVERYTHING, almost seems like I know their lives. I don't like posting everything I do, and I would never post anything negative either. Funny thing is, on dating sites, whenever there are a few girls that we match and actually hold conversations for a few days, they ask for my ig like :wtf: I haven't even met them yet. But then again I'm apperently "old school". I also have no desire to post the girl i'm dating until we're actually a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:23 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:40 pm ^^ Yeah man the sheer lack of drama was a little unsettling but I'll take it, for now. She spent christmas eve here and then all day yesterday here with me and my daughters and she was like, a natural. The girls loved her and had fun and my oldest asked her to 'sleepover'. They'll likely tell the ex all about it so that will be the true test to see just how cool she is being.

Dude why does the woman need to be on your IG, my azn is off that thing. Privacy is key, no need to announce that shit, and it is WAYY to soon, you guys are a "thing" for a month? No need to plaster that for other people to judge.

X1 is easier to live with because its a hatchback/raised/goodfonthin box, it's just how these things go. X340 insert random digit here is like 60k. :nope: That's just pathetic when you can get a nice used 2 year old 340i for 27k or less

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/ ... 81511.html

To be honest they are still boring cars though. I wasn't super fond of my fake sport. I do understand the crotchfruit compromise though...
All :dat:

With the exhaust and everything I like my Fakesport well enough, it's a nice DD but man whenever I get in the shitbox Corvette it's so :fuckyeah: in comparison fun-wise. 328i M is a nice blend of good DD with somewhat fun though. It's basically a GTI but a little bit better in pretty much every way (RWD, more power, looks a little better). It drives like I remember my :mk6: driving until I drive a FWD car and remember that it kinda blows. The BMW understeers but not quite that bad.

I have pretty much gotten off of social media cold turkey. It was hard at first but some family drama whilst getting married triggered dumping using it and it's been pretty great not doing it. I haven't posted in like 6 months.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

i waffle back and forth between dumping in a few years or driving into the ground and im currently on a drive it into the ground kick lately so long term Id like to do the M sport exhaust. I agree re: your overall sentiments on this car. I think its practically the perfect daily driver but thats just me. Not like I've lived with every comparable car so what do I know? Only thing left to be desired for me is complete lack of exhaust note.

Going in in a few weeks to get my rear brake pads replaced. Says its due at 43000 miles so might as well take advantage of the ol' "FREE" service that runs out end of year. If I'm lucky I can get the fronts done for free as well. Does anyone know do they just do the pads or is it some high tech german gnome shit?

Things with the new GF have been splendid. Splendid I say

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm i waffle back and forth between dumping in a few years or driving into the ground and im currently on a drive it into the ground kick lately so long term Id like to do the M sport exhaust. I agree re: your overall sentiments on this car. I think its practically the perfect daily driver but thats just me. Not like I've lived with every comparable car so what do I know? Only thing left to be desired for me is complete lack of exhaust note.

Going in in a few weeks to get my rear brake pads replaced. Says its due at 43000 miles so might as well take advantage of the ol' "FREE" service that runs out end of year. If I'm lucky I can get the fronts done for free as well. Does anyone know do they just do the pads or is it some high tech german gnome shit?

That's because she hasn't clued into the fact that you load the dishwasher like an asshole.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
McQueenBalls wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm i waffle back and forth between dumping in a few years or driving into the ground and im currently on a drive it into the ground kick lately so long term Id like to do the M sport exhaust. I agree re: your overall sentiments on this car. I think its practically the perfect daily driver but thats just me. Not like I've lived with every comparable car so what do I know? Only thing left to be desired for me is complete lack of exhaust note.

That's because she hasn't clued into the fact that you load the dishwasher like an asshole.
Tines down, motherfucker.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:31 pm

:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Hahaha

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Brought the Camry in today to try and get my bros at the Death Star (Pacific BMW in Glendale) to do my rear brakes. My thing says 42k miles but the green light is staying on, as if they don't need to be replaced. I was talking to my SA, good dude who handled my car when the engine was chewed up by rodents, and the guy didn't know what the iDrive meant. It says rear brake pads "BY THE SPECIFIED DISTANCE" 42000 miles. So does that mean do it now or replace the pads in 42000 more fucking miles which is like 84000 miles on a set of rear brake pads i.e. 6-7 years. That seems absurd. I know BMW would like you to believe that everything in and on the car lasts a 'lifetime' like their lifetime tranny fluid claim, lifetime coolant never needs to be changed claim and everything but 80+ thousand miles on a set of brake pads.. I don't think so, Tim.

But these guys bill BMW for that warranty work and all it takes is the dude in the bay to be like "yeah, these brakes need replacing". So I bring the car in and my dude puts in the notes "customer complains of shimmying, vibration and squeaking, front and rear brakes check and advise" and I got a loaner, another Asian mom mobile X1 and was on my way. When we were sitting at his desk he was like "lets see, your free maintenance ends in August, lets see if we can just get your rears and fronts done, pads, rotors and sensors done today; I'll see what I can do, save you some $ in the long run." And thats the last I heard. If they just do the brakes that'd be sick cuz then id be good for like 4 more years. Fuck yeah Death Star, fuck yeah.

Been getting laid so much lately that I'm almost sort of tired of sex. Never thought I'd say that but pounding it out on the reg with a 25/26 year takes a lot of energy if you're an old bastard like me.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm Brought the Camry in today to try and get my bros at the Death Star (Pacific BMW in Glendale) to do my rear brakes. My thing says 42k miles but the green light is staying on, as if they don't need to be replaced. I was talking to my SA, good dude who handled my car when the engine was chewed up by rodents, and the guy didn't know what the iDrive meant. It says rear brake pads "BY THE SPECIFIED DISTANCE" 42000 miles. So does that mean do it now or replace the pads in 42000 more fucking miles which is like 84000 miles on a set of rear brake pads i.e. 6-7 years. That seems absurd. I know BMW would like you to believe that everything in and on the car lasts a 'lifetime' like their lifetime tranny fluid claim, lifetime coolant never needs to be changed claim and everything but 80+ thousand miles on a set of brake pads.. I don't think so, Tim.

But these guys bill BMW for that warranty work and all it takes is the dude in the bay to be like "yeah, these brakes need replacing". So I bring the car in and my dude puts in the notes "customer complains of shimmying, vibration and squeaking, front and rear brakes check and advise" and I got a loaner, another Asian mom mobile X1 and was on my way. When we were sitting at his desk he was like "lets see, your free maintenance ends in August, lets see if we can just get your rears and fronts done, pads, rotors and sensors done today; I'll see what I can do, save you some $ in the long run." And thats the last I heard. If they just do the brakes that'd be sick cuz then id be good for like 4 more years. Fuck yeah Death Star, fuck yeah.

Been getting laid so much lately that I'm almost sort of tired of sex. Never thought I'd say that but pounding it out on the reg with a 25/26 year takes a lot of energy if you're an old bastard like me.
:lol:
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm Brought the Camry in today to try and get my bros at the Death Star (Pacific BMW in Glendale) to do my rear brakes. My thing says 42k miles but the green light is staying on, as if they don't need to be replaced. I was talking to my SA, good dude who handled my car when the engine was chewed up by rodents, and the guy didn't know what the iDrive meant. It says rear brake pads "BY THE SPECIFIED DISTANCE" 42000 miles. So does that mean do it now or replace the pads in 42000 more fucking miles which is like 84000 miles on a set of rear brake pads i.e. 6-7 years. That seems absurd. I know BMW would like you to believe that everything in and on the car lasts a 'lifetime' like their lifetime tranny fluid claim, lifetime coolant never needs to be changed claim and everything but 80+ thousand miles on a set of brake pads.. I don't think so, Tim.

My m3 brakes said 130k miles left at 36k and looked darn good. My 335 m sport said 120k miles ... at 30k. :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Clearly McQueen sends his service advisor on all expenses paid Thai vacations on the regular.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think the pads are so hard that they last forever, don't dust much, don't ever make noise, etc.

The downside to this is in the feel/performance, but I still find them to be adequate.

How often are you at the :dillerman: :bruh: ? Seems like at least a monthly visit...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:04 am I think the pads are so hard that they last forever, don't dust much, don't ever make noise, etc.

The downside to this is in the feel/performance, but I still find them to be adequate.

How often are you at the :dillerman: :bruh: ? Seems like at least a monthly visit...
Downside is they eat the rotors.
I would prefer something more like DustTech but I don't see myself bothering until it becomes an issue.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

They replaced the fronts and not the rears, which is odd, it being RWD and all. Still 5-6mm on the rears. Service adviser told me to come back before maintenance is up in August and they'll do the rears. He got crafty with the report saying "customer states vibration and shudder during braking, check and advise. Test drove vehicle and confirmed issue, replaced x, y and z." Pretty sick. Just basically consistently blown away by service at Pacific BMW over the past 6 years; vip treatment brahs.. The guy said they charge close to a grand for both front and rear brake job so theres a grand I wont have to spend for quite a while, all said and done.

Seems like Im at dealer alot because when I went in for oil change they found that a squirrel or something had chewed up my engine harness, so that was that.

max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:04 pm They replaced the fronts and not the rears, which is odd, it being RWD and all. Still 5-6mm on the rears. Service adviser told me to come back before maintenance is up in August and they'll do the rears. He got crafty with the report saying "customer states vibration and shudder during braking, check and advise. Test drove vehicle and confirmed issue, replaced x, y and z." Pretty sick. Just basically consistently blown away by service at Pacific BMW over the past 6 years; vip treatment brahs.. The guy said they charge close to a grand for both front and rear brake job so theres a grand I wont have to spend for quite a while, all said and done.

Seems like Im at dealer alot because when I went in for oil change they found that a squirrel or something had chewed up my engine harness, so that was that.
Did they now... or they are scamming bmw/your insurance on your behalf :lolgasm:

I have yet to have good bmw or mini service. Bunch of bs...

FYI fronts wear our faster than backs on 99% of cars as that’s where most breaking happens, as opposed to the gti which uses the rear for some vectoring
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:56 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:04 pm They replaced the fronts and not the rears, which is odd, it being RWD and all. Still 5-6mm on the rears. Service adviser told me to come back before maintenance is up in August and they'll do the rears. He got crafty with the report saying "customer states vibration and shudder during braking, check and advise. Test drove vehicle and confirmed issue, replaced x, y and z." Pretty sick. Just basically consistently blown away by service at Pacific BMW over the past 6 years; vip treatment brahs.. The guy said they charge close to a grand for both front and rear brake job so theres a grand I wont have to spend for quite a while, all said and done.

Did they now... or they are scamming bmw/your insurance on your behalf :lolgasm:

I have yet to have good bmw or mini service. Bunch of bs...

FYI fronts wear our faster than backs on 99% of cars as that’s where most breaking happens, as opposed to the gti which uses the rear for some vectoring
Nah, I checked. Brand spanking new. Weird.. service is ridiculous since I had the 320, so past 6.5 years or so. Always pacific BMW in Glendale. Most times have gotten a loaner, even for oil changes or regular service intervals, unless its going to be same day pickup, which is rare - usually its next day so I loaner it. Few times they have done the 'concierge service' or whatev they call it where they drive the loaner to my house and take my car to get serviced. Also they don't mention the little BMS juice box in my engine bay, always on the ball with text updates and everything, have little snacks and shit.. Oh and now they send videos of your car in the engine bay up on the lift.

https://api.mykaarma.com/video-walkarou ... _and_video

Y U B'ing a H8TR brah?

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Well whatever genius at Pacific BMW who did my front brakes did some weird shit because ever since then I get this high pitch drone or low hum when braking depending on speed. There is odd wear pattern and marks on the rotors as well. Car brakes great, no problem with performance, no shudder or pulshing or anything, just the annoying hum and the marks. Looked back at the invoice from last time and they did not replace the rotors. Thought that was standard Bimmer protocol when doing pads, regardless of rotor thickness. Guess not. So I'm bringing Schtieglitz back in on Thurs of next week, dropping it off and picking up a loaner (again) so they can get it right.

I mean, why?