McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:23 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:58 pm Did someone say BMW's???

Speaking of, I absolutely despise their current direction. First off, the 2 series gran coupe that's FWD (or fwd based x-drive for that matter or whatever bullshit) and call the 4 banger a M car called "M235i"? get the fuck outta here. Without the kidneys replaced with a traditional/conservative grille and the roundel, you could've easily mistake it as a KIA. Like it's really an overpriced pile of junk to my eyes. Same story with the new 1 series (except with a decent front end), but we won't get those here away. Y'all already know the upcoming 4 series. And now.....NOW, the subscription bullshit. Like fuck, I'd only pay only for heated seats for probably 5 months at best and fuck the adaptive cruise :derp: bullshit that attracts broads with pink iPhone cases with 2hunnid unread texts that can't drive for shit.

Sorry to tread jack if for whatever reason I did was offensive, I'll let my index and middle fingers cut off like they do in sharia law. :yeahok: :csb: :crang: :ohwell: :aintcare:
they always had a bunch of shit cars, :member: the 4 cyl from the 90s... 318i 318ti etc... :disgust: gotta pay to play with them...

Also they are notoriously unreliable used. I learned my lesson, and I am hoping the mini is a bit different, but at least it isn't THAT much money to lose on it. Most BMWs are incredible money pits, outside of E36 M3s with the US spec motor.
Yes, these are nothing new about them, my rant basically swaying away from the "ultimate driving machine", oh wait it has, unless you opt for the real M tax to get that Bavarian driving experience.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It is what it is... you pay the M "tax" and get the M2, and it is just as good or better than any slowmaro or challenger. At around the upper end of their mid range models.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 pm I thought the M Sport (no :fancy: electric shit) was actually pretty perfect - compliant and comfy but still fairly sporty.
I have never driven an M sport f30, I always assume it doesn't feel remotely noodley with the right tires (including size). But I can definitely say the f10 535i that isn't an M drives pretty good and doesn't feel that boaty, I have a feeling it's not far off imo from the m sport f30 imo. The steering is what gives me gripe, but that can also go for a lot of modern cars as well, just simply which is less lighter by a smaller margin.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:32 pm It is what it is... you pay the M "tax" and get the M2, and it is just as good or better than any slowmaro or challenger. At around the upper end of their mid range models.
Except for making fuel stops all the time and not having any room for wine, women and shotguns.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:32 pm It is what it is... you pay the M "tax" and get the M2, and it is just as good or better than any slowmaro or challenger. At around the upper end of their mid range models.
Except for making fuel stops all the time and not having any room for wine, women and shotguns.
Trunk in m2 is better than slomaro and let’s be honest no woman will want to ride in a chally or mero, unless she comes from a double wide and has daddy issues
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Camaros are much faster than an M2 in the correct trims. Only thing is, they’re hideous.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 am Camaros are much faster than an M2 in the correct trims. Only thing is, they’re hideous.
They are still cameros... I have ptsd thanks to the shit area I live in. These cars are a god damn menace here
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 am Camaros are much faster than an M2 in the correct trims. Only thing is, they’re hideous.
They are still cameros... I have ptsd thanks to the shit area I live in. These cars are a god damn menace here
They are a menace everywhere. They are fast as hell at track days but they're the number one perpetrator of dangerous passes with no point by and other reckless maneuvers.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:59 am

They are a menace everywhere. They are fast as hell at track days but they're the number one perpetrator of dangerous passes with no point by and other reckless maneuvers.
For me it’s noise mostly ... and as you mentioned the type of driver they attract
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:09 pm

For me it’s noise mostly ... and as you mentioned the type of driver they attract
At least they sound good. I'd take a loud Camaro over a loud :mk6: any day.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I drove the rental one like an ass. It was great. Fast as fuck with the 6.2 big dick pushrod motor and 10AT.

I'd absolutely love to own that car. Or a sedan version of that car at least. Gotta have that motor and trans though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:27 pm

I drove the rental one like an ass. It was great. Fast as fuck with the 6.2 big dick pushrod motor and 10AT.

I'd absolutely love to own that car. Or a sedan version of that car at least. Gotta have that motor and trans though.
:word: They are pretty badass vehicles. I keep thinking maybe I should just drive a Mustang or Camaro, they basically have the capability/fun factor of my Corvette but are a lot better dailies. They just suck up a lot more consumables at higher costs.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:27 pm

:word: They are pretty badass vehicles. I keep thinking maybe I should just drive a Mustang or Camaro, they basically have the capability/fun factor of my Corvette but are a lot better dailies. They just suck up a lot more consumables at higher costs.
I rented a new 5.Bro Mudstain and I really enjoyed it. 10 speed, a really agressive stock exhaust.......Not a bad place to spend time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:44 pm

I rented a new 5.Bro Mudstain and I really enjoyed it. 10 speed, a really agressive stock exhaust.......Not a bad place to spend time.
I think if I :doit: I will get a GT350.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm

You'd spend 4 - Plastic fantastics on a stang ? :bs:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:47 pm

I think so. I did on a :jeep: GT350 is likely not that much to own as they won’t ever dip below $30k.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

But I’ll probably just plastic fanatic for life... thing is if I keep track day broing having something worth little is key, it ruins the car.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:10 pm But I’ll probably just plastic fanatic for life... thing is if I keep track day broing having something worth little is key, it ruins the car.
You have a tow vehicle now, just get a real track car.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I think so. I did on a :jeep: GT350 is likely not that much to own as they won’t ever dip below $30k.
It’s 60k to park in a car ... seems really excessive.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:09 pm

It’s 60k to park in a car ... seems really excessive.
Gotta park out somewhere... but I was thinking more like $40k (which is 4 Plastic Fantastic). They don’t even make the GT350 anymore so it would be a used purchase. $40k is kind of my personal upper limit, more than that would be more stress than fun to me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:10 pm But I’ll probably just plastic fanatic for life... thing is if I keep track day broing having something worth little is key, it ruins the car.
You have a tow vehicle now, just get a real track car.
I would love to do spec350Z or something but it’s a serious time and money commitment that I’m not really willing to make.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 pm You have a tow vehicle now, just get a real track car.
I would love to do spec350Z or something but it’s a serious time and money commitment that I’m not really willing to make.
I don't mean go racing, I mean do track days with something that's not a compromised modded street car. Tube frame, full cage, dirt cheap takeoff slicks, and common roundy-round parts bin components.

Cheaper to run/fix, easier to work on, generally safer to crash, and better to drive. Especially in Charlotte you should have great resources available for that kind of thing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 am
D Griff wrote:
I don't mean go racing, I mean do track days with something that's not a compromised modded street car. Tube frame, full cage, dirt cheap takeoff slicks, and common roundy-round parts bin components.

Cheaper to run/fix, easier to work on, generally safer to crash, and better to drive. Especially in Charlotte you should have great resources available for that kind of thing.
Fury Model R
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

2 years later and we’re back. Anyone still on this barge?
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:07 pm 2 years later and we’re back. Anyone still on this barge?
:fuckyeah: