Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 am Speaking of the mini too bad you aren't in SoCal so I could turo that bish in a couple weeks. :gaydance:
There are usually quite a few in turo :doe: . Likely not jcws as those are a bit hard to come by.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 am Speaking of the mini too bad you aren't in SoCal so I could turo that bish in a couple weeks. :gaydance:
There are usually quite a few in turo :doe: . Likely not jcws as those are a bit hard to come by.
There's some good options on Turo but I'll probably just rent from National/Hertz/Sixt because I don't want to worry about a mileage limit.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am

There's some good options on Turo but I'll probably just rent from National/Hertz/Sixt because I don't want to worry about a mileage limit.
My buddy rented a :manuel: Coupe. The one that looks like a helmet... in SD on Turo. :lol:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I YOLO'd with a pdk boxster just now.

I love the backwards hat mini btw
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Saw one of those on the Base out here this morning. Odd looking things. Kinda cool though.
max225

So I booked a Defender X for my Palm Springs trip, trip this mid November.

Horrendous pics and not 100% the right spec. I would get wheels that are 1" smaller and none of the weird "X" packaged items. (Defender logo shining on ground)

Then December is doing to be Cockster S

The 51.7k Tacoma offer is still on table... and I may take that. I am getting more and more behind the idea of selling it as it is just too good to not take.
max225

I have until 11/2/21 to take or not take the offer... I am 75% certain I will... just seems silly to pass up. Bummer as I love the truck but this whole market just makes no sense and there not many opportunities to do this without losing your pants.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Heh my turo boxster is also black. Not an S though :sad:

When will you be in Palm Springs?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 pm Heh my turo boxster is also black. Not an S though :sad:

Dem RAMZZ!

late November.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:58 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 pm Heh my turo boxster is also black. Not an S though :sad:

Dem RAMZZ!

late November.
I'll be in the Lancaster area Nov 16-23. Gonna slide into SAWCEBAWCE's DM's too
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:47 pm So I booked a Defender X for my Palm Springs trip, trip this mid November.

Horrendous pics and not 100% the right spec. I would get wheels that are 1" smaller and none of the weird "X" packaged items. (Defender logo shining on ground)

The 51.7k Tacoma offer is still on table... and I may take that. I am getting more and more behind the idea of selling it as it is just too good to not take.
:fuckyeah:

I don't see a ton of new Defenders around here, but every time I do, I'm taken aback by how good they look. There are a lot of dumb options, but I agree, looks way better without them (I'm looking at you, tiny dumb side mounted cargo box).

Be sure to post impressions. I'm curious how they drive.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:51 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:47 pm So I booked a Defender X for my Palm Springs trip, trip this mid November.

:fuckyeah:

I don't see a ton of new Defenders around here, but every time I do, I'm taken aback by how good they look. There are a lot of dumb options, but I agree, looks way better without them (I'm looking at you, tiny dumb side mounted cargo box).

Be sure to post impressions. I'm curious how they drive.
I actually already drove a i4 powered model on 18"s, and really didn't mind it. However it was a brief test drive and I didn't get to take it on the freeway or anything. I feel like "living" with the car for 3 days will be a lot more fruitful to a decision over just briefly driving it around town with a sales hole.

https://buildyour.landroverusa.com/lr2/ ... ns_n-300wc

This is my exact build.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 84394.html

Here is an example of useless options... :disgust:

max225

The dealershit I bought the tacoma from seems to want to offer more than vrooom… which is 5k more than what I bought it for from them…
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm The dealershit I bought the tacoma from seems to want to offer more than vrooom… which is 5k more than what I bought it for from them…
Not surprised. Toyota has weird production going on with the Tacoma. The dealer here got in a bunch (5) base 2wd 4cyl SR crew cabs. In Northern MI, it makes ZERO sense, NOBODY buys 2WD trucks here. They actually even have a discount advertised on the website, and none have moved in a week (noticed them sitting on the lot yesterday). They're buying used TuRD OR's and Bros and selling them for more than new MSRP instantly. I was going to test drive a TuRD OR they got in and it sold in the 4 hours between when I made contact with the dealer and before I could make it in with an advertised price above new MSRP.

My guess is to keep the plant running, Toyota produced a bunch of low contented trucks that need fewer chips. AND they're not that cheap in the grand scheme, so they're going to rot into the lots.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm The dealershit I bought the tacoma from seems to want to offer more than vrooom… which is 5k more than what I bought it for from them…
Not surprised. Toyota has weird production going on with the Tacoma. The dealer here got in a bunch (5) base 2wd 4cyl SR crew cabs. In Northern MI, it makes ZERO sense, NOBODY buys 2WD trucks here. They actually even have a discount advertised on the website, and none have moved in a week (noticed them sitting on the lot yesterday). They're buying used TuRD OR's and Bros and selling them for more than new MSRP instantly. I was going to test drive a TuRD OR they got in and it sold in the 4 hours between when I made contact with the dealer and before I could make it in with an advertised price above new MSRP.

My guess is to keep the plant running, Toyota produced a bunch of low contented trucks that need fewer chips. AND they're not that cheap in the grand scheme, so they're going to rot into the lots.
Based on trying to buy my mine and doing nationwide searches for months. They make everything in batches. Sometimes it’s pos 2wd sometimes it’s multiple turd bros at once. They show up to the dealer like that. Mine had like 5 white 2wd single cabs coming one time.

That said, there is a major “shortage” of Tacoma’s right now. High demand and -40% supply last month and some bleed over into this month.
Toyota is still going to move more than a 1/4 million of these this year. Some people can’t wait … and I’m willing to capitalize on that.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:39 pm

Based on trying to buy my mine and doing nationwide searches for months. They make everything in batches. Sometimes it’s pos 2wd sometimes it’s multiple turd bros at once. They show up to the dealer like that. Mine had like 5 white 2wd single cabs coming one time.

That said, there is a major “shortage” of Tacoma’s right now. High demand and -40% supply last month and some bleed over into this month.
Toyota is still going to move more than a 1/4 million of these this year. Some people can’t wait … and I’m willing to capitalize on that.
And you absolutely should IMO. This is a once in a lifetime get out of jail free card. It's amazing how impatient people are. I can't imagine buying a used vehicle for more than new MSRP. That's just :fullretard: :hellno: :wat:

Hell, Vroom offered me over new MSRP for the Cucktrek, the local Subaru dealer has none, I bet it could make decent money on ours, but then we'd have zero vehicles and we both like it too much. I did have a :fullretard: thought of checking this out for a bit more space, but I'm not that :fullretard:

https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 24d0da.htm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

In short, the :fullretard: :plac: thought would be to play a game of :plac: chairs where you just rotate through low inventory high demand vehicles for a few months with zero net cash outlay. But then when the music stops, you better like what you're stuck with.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:58 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:44 pm

And you absolutely should IMO. This is a once in a lifetime get out of jail free card. It's amazing how impatient people are. I can't imagine buying a used vehicle for more than new MSRP. That's just :fullretard: :hellno: :wat:

Hell, Vroom offered me over new MSRP for the Cucktrek, the local Subaru dealer has none, I bet it could make decent money on ours, but then we'd have zero vehicles and we both like it too much. I did have a :fullretard: thought of checking this out for a bit more space, but I'm not that :fullretard:

https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 24d0da.htm
I mean if you like it why not ?!
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:00 pm In short, the :fullretard: :plac: thought would be to play a game of :plac: chairs where you just rotate through low inventory high demand vehicles for a few months with zero net cash outlay. But then when the music stops, you better like what you're stuck with.
Yea that’s the scary thought there.
max225

Just took a deposit on the truck for $53k

:( and :mindblown:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:27 pm Just took a deposit on the truck for $53k

Making moves!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:27 pm Just took a deposit on the truck for $53k

:ohdang:

Private party?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:20 am

Private party?
Yep private party.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:20 am

Private party?
Yep private party.
FBM?