Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Nice man! Congrats!
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Congrats! Pictures are awesome and sounds like it was a good time.

The hype R also has a stupidly small tank which I'm sure will annoying. Would much prefer a massive tank for fewer fill ups like you.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm Congrats! Pictures are awesome and sounds like it was a good time.

The hype R also has a stupidly small tank which I'm sure will annoying. Would much prefer a massive tank for fewer fill ups like you.
Ty. Damn it is pretty smol at 12.4 gals. Have you filled up yet ?
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:25 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm Congrats! Pictures are awesome and sounds like it was a good time.

I did last weekend for the first time when it still had a third of a tank or so after 175 miles. Average was 21mpg based on how much I put in so I'll be lucky if I ever see 300 miles on a tank.
max225

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:25 pm

I did last weekend for the first time when it still had a third of a tank or so after 175 miles. Average was 21mpg based on how much I put in so I'll be lucky if I ever see 300 miles on a tank.
At least it doesn’t “cost much” to fillerup
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:19 am
Irish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:32 pm

:yesth:

Did you get married?
:yesth: cucktopia engaged
Have fun not getting a Civic Type R...

:trollface:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:14 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:19 am

:yesth: cucktopia engaged

I got told GT3 costs too much. :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Welcome to the club, :mahman: !

It's mostly good :doe: , it certainly is great to always have a friend, person to talk to, support system, :dock: buddy, etc.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 pm

Welcome to the club, :mahman: !

It's mostly good :doe: , it certainly is great to always have a friend, person to talk to, support system, :dock: buddy, etc.
Its nice to have a partner in life, so that You don't have to do everything solo. Like if you lose a job... need help around the house etc. At least you can "co-tacle" the issues.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:wrong: can’t afford not to buy it with the appreciation
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 pm

The 20k in taxes don't help.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 pm

You’re a “public figure” on Instagram bro. It’s a business expense and a tax write off. Can’t be seen driving around in some pleb-mobile.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:56 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm

You’re a “public figure” on Instagram bro. It’s a business expense and a tax write off. Can’t be seen driving around in some pleb-mobile.
👍🏻 10-4
max225

Decided to take the Mini out for a longer spin as I haven't driven it in a while.

Man after 8k miles in the tacoma and maybe 50 miles or so in the mini at the same time frame, I forgot how LOW this car is. I am starting to be a bitch and prefer to sit up high, it does allow me to see 2-3 cars ahead of my vehicle vs just seeing 1 or so.

I went to see my friend who is about a 100 mile round trip:
Got 40mpg on the way down and 34mpg on the way up, freeway only so a bit deceiving.

Brakes on the mini are :muah:
Steering on the mini :muah:
Wind noise is LOW compared to taco. :muah:
On a side note.. holy crap I forgot about how much difference different pavement types make on cars with sporty tires. The Taco just doesn't give a F. I can drive on a cheese grader and it feels as smooth.
Also 18" wheels need to be sized down... this car needs more balloon for sure.

Kind of awesome to have both to be honest, completely different characters in these vehicles.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pm Decided to take the Mini out for a longer spin as I haven't driven it in a while.

Man after 8k miles in the tacoma and maybe 50 miles or so in the mini at the same time frame, I forgot how LOW this car is. I am starting to be a bitch and prefer to sit up high, it does allow me to see 2-3 cars ahead of my vehicle vs just seeing 1 or so.

Got 40mpg on the way down and 34mpg on the way up, freeway only so a bit deceiving.

On a side note.. holy crap I forgot about how much difference different pavement types make on cars with sporty tires. The Taco just doesn't give a F. I can drive on a cheese grader and it feels as smooth.

Kind of awesome to have both to be honest, completely different characters in these vehicles.
I think you're doing it right with the variety. I'd love to get to the point where we have the same setup...something small/nimble/decent on gas and a :truk: that can tow, haul, and plow over everything. The best of all worlds, and you can drive whatever fits your mood. There's no need for a middle IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pm Decided to take the Mini out for a longer spin as I haven't driven it in a while.

Best of both worlds! :megusta:

Some people say that the best mod they ever did to their MINI was getting a :truk:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:06 pm

I think you're doing it right with the variety. I'd love to get to the point where we have the same setup...something small/nimble/decent on gas and a :truk: that can tow, haul, and plow over everything. The best of all worlds, and you can drive whatever fits your mood. There's no need for a middle IMO.
This is the way.
max225

:like: Yea variety is key. Keeps things interesting. But overall I'd still love something a lot more sporty.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:26 pm
:like: Yea variety is key. Keeps things interesting. But overall I'd still love something a lot more sporty.
Yea, but there's compromises there. Comfort, livability, meh. At least the MINI can be used as a normal car if you want, and it's pretty dang sporty for what it is.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:02 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Yea, but there's compromises there. Comfort, livability, meh. At least the MINI can be used as a normal car if you want, and it's pretty dang sporty for what it is.
I thought about it some and the mini can certainly be a great commuter also, if/when to office opens up. Which is deemed to be pretty soon. So selling it for 17-20k seems stupid as there is nothing to replace it with at that price point that comes close. I’d rather quit my job than drive a hybrid to work. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:02 pm
I thought about it some and the mini can certainly be a great commuter also, if/when to office opens up. Which is deemed to be pretty soon. So selling it for 17-20k seems stupid as there is nothing to replace it with at that price point that comes close. I’d rather quit my job than drive a hybrid to work. :disgust:
Yep. which is why I think the MINI is really the perfect solution for a sporty all-around car. Commuting, trips, simple errands, going into town, all while still feeling unique and sporty. Nothing can touch it in the price point.

I still want that stupid Clubman.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:27 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Yep. which is why I think the MINI is really the perfect solution for a sporty all-around car. Commuting, trips, simple errands, going into town, all while still feeling unique and sporty. Nothing can touch it in the price point.

Take it for a spin and see if you like it ?!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Take it for a spin and see if you like it ?!
Nah, it's in Detroit, ~4 hours from where we live. If it's still down there when I go down next and I don't have :tits: with me, I'll go check it out.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Dangerously slow I'm sure but still a fine specimen...... and :manuel:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/981aDP ... e-ram-1500