Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 am

"Everything off" is :bs: in a lot of modern cars :sad:

I can't get the ass end out in my Kamry to save my life and it should be easy with a manual, all seasons in the rear, cold temps... I yanked the wheel and mashed the throttle in a 1" deep puddle yesterday and nothing.

Most new cars are just boring.
I spun doughnuts with a 430 loaner in my work parking lot .... odd ?! Did you turn tc off ?
Update - I couldn't remember exactly what I had/hadn't tried. Successfully got the ass end out yesterday and even had to lift the throttle to not go full donut. Press and hold TC button will allow it into fun mode. The only issue with this is that it dials back the throttle response as if it's in "comfort mode". Weird that you can't go full bro quick throttle with all traction loss/no power cut. The car kind of sucks to drive due to throttle mapping unless in sport mode.

:fuckyeah: on the MINI :dillerman: experience, I think this is actually common with MINI, them + Mazderp seem to have the best dealers, at least around here. That said I don't do much with dealers, have yet to visit BMW ever.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The oil change kit for my car costs $62.95 the :dillerman: charges $89.99 ... I don’t think I’ll be doing my own oil changes on this car
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:48 pm The oil change kit for my car costs $62.95 the :dillerman: charges $89.99 ... I don’t think I’ll be doing my own oil changes on this car
You have officially moved to :waxer: Elite Status.

I don't really mind oil changes, I feel like DIY is less time consuming unless you have a personal ASSistant :hue:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:48 pm The oil change kit for my car costs $62.95 the :dillerman: charges $89.99 ... I don’t think I’ll be doing my own oil changes on this car
You have officially moved to :waxer: Elite Status.

I don't really mind oil changes, I feel like DIY is less time consuming unless you have a personal ASSistant :hue:
Yea ... time is in fact a fucktor... this will likely take 1 hr longer than taking a cancer bath
max225

Just overheard an old talk about turning off TC to improve fuel economy he told 3 people that.

:wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm Just overheard an old talk about turning off TC to improve fuel economy he told 3 people that.

OK boomer.
max225

:mahtroy: approved back seat space
max225

Quick update... service took 2 hrs.

Car drives really straight now, but the steering wheel is still a bit crooked...
They didn't reset my service reminder ... Was the oil actually changed? No dipstick, i'll never know.
Also obviously they didn't have the stripes in stock and "we will call you" when it will get here.

My car also got satellite radio after service ? it was on 60s on 6 for some reason even though I specifically turned off my radio... they also reset my trip odometer. :wtf: Why are they fucking with my shit

Car was also washed which is nice...

Overall i am bumping this down to 3.5/7.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:Quick update... service took 2 hrs.

Car drives really straight now, but the steering wheel is still a bit crooked...
They didn't reset my service reminder ... Was the oil actually changed? No dipstick, i'll never know.
Also obviously they didn't have the stripes in stock and "we will call you" when it will get here.

My car also got satellite radio after service ? it was on 60s on 6 for some reason even though I specifically turned off my radio... they also reset my trip odometer. :wtf: Why are they fucking with my shit

Oil is a lifetime fluid. No need to worry.

And maybe the boomer service tech just wanted to listen to some tunes while working on your car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm Just overheard an old talk about turning off TC to improve fuel economy he told 3 people that.

:impressive: will try this tomorrow to eke out a few more MPGs :scrooge:

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:59 pm Quick update... service took 2 hrs.

Is this a thing these days??? :wtf:
max225

Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Audi Q5 has it and it’s abysmal it is this annoying af procedure of turning the car off warm waiting 2 min on a level surface only then clicking and waiting for another 2min to see what the level is... it also doesn’t work on my stepmoms q5 even after I replaced the level sensor. I hate this almost as much as start stop
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:03 pm

:impressive: will try this tomorrow to eke out a few more MPGs :scrooge:

Dude was legit convinced ... also it’s a mini ... it can’t be that bad in terms of mpg.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

All BMW products have it... although not as bad as the Audi situation Max describes, it is dumb. It turns a 0.5 minute thing you could do while your gas is pumping (if you don't live in :mahtroy: , NY) to a dumb five minute thing sitting in your idling car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 am

All BMW products have it... although not as bad as the Audi situation Max describes, it is dumb. It turns a 0.5 minute thing you could do while your gas is pumping (if you don't live in :mahtroy: , NY) to a dumb five minute thing sitting in your idling car.
The 911 has no dipstick either. It's about the only thing I dislike about the car.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 am

The bmw measures it much quicker. Not nearly as bad s as the Audi
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

bro, you had a bimmer, you're new to the no dipstick scene? Did the M3 have a dipstick? I guess that would make sense it did since it was older. I don't know when they went to no dipstick. Up to this point, I put my trust in the no dipstick like the lemming consumer brand whore that I am and I feel OK about it. I've measured it, level service engine running and its not like it always tells me its full so I think its fairly accurate although all you gotta have is a sensor off and it'd be wrong... except it seems like if that sensor was fouled up you would get some sort of cel or error code for it. trust in the tech bro.
I trust in the CBS (conditioned based service) intervals as well. Based on my driving conditions I end up getting my oil changed once every 7500 miles or a few times per year, give or take, not 10k per year so I don't believe the conspiracies that BMW tells us we should get our oil changed every 10k miles only since they started paying for service the first 3/4 years. All these old BMW bros claim that the recommendations used to be more frequent oil changes etc. BEFORE BMW's free maintenance and then it changed, to maximize profits. But if thats the case, why have CBS throw off their game? BMW recommends every 10k, my car tells me 7500 based on my driving, I do 7500, everyone wins.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 pm bro, you had a bimmer, you're new to the no dipstick scene? Did the M3 have a dipstick? I guess that would make sense it did since it was older. I don't know when they went to no dipstick. Up to this point, I put my trust in the no dipstick like the lemming consumer brand whore that I am and I feel OK about it. I've measured it, level service engine running and its not like it always tells me its full so I think its fairly accurate although all you gotta have is a sensor off and it'd be wrong... except it seems like if that sensor was fouled up you would get some sort of cel or error code for it. trust in the tech bro.
I trust in the CBS (conditioned based service) intervals as well. Based on my driving conditions I end up getting my oil changed once every 7500 miles or a few times per year, give or take, not 10k per year so I don't believe the conspiracies that BMW tells us we should get our oil changed every 10k miles only since they started paying for service the first 3/4 years. All these old BMW bros claim that the recommendations used to be more frequent oil changes etc. BEFORE BMW's free maintenance and then it changed, to maximize profits. But if thats the case, why have CBS throw off their game? BMW recommends every 10k, my car tells me 7500 based on my driving, I do 7500, everyone wins.
None of my BMWs told me every 7500. Every 10k or bust for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:30 am
McQueenBalls wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 pm bro, you had a bimmer, you're new to the no dipstick scene? Did the M3 have a dipstick? I guess that would make sense it did since it was older. I don't know when they went to no dipstick. Up to this point, I put my trust in the no dipstick like the lemming consumer brand whore that I am and I feel OK about it. I've measured it, level service engine running and its not like it always tells me its full so I think its fairly accurate although all you gotta have is a sensor off and it'd be wrong... except it seems like if that sensor was fouled up you would get some sort of cel or error code for it. trust in the tech bro.
I track in on a spreadsheet, so I'll have more data over time... but so far it's 9K for me (between the only two changes I've done).

Mine has shown perfect 100% full every time I've ever "checked" it... not exactly confidence inspiring, but I guess it doesn't use oil? :neat:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:21 am

I track in on a spreadsheet, so I'll have more data over time... but so far it's 9K for me (between the only two changes I've done).

Mine has shown perfect 100% full every time I've ever "checked" it... not exactly confidence inspiring, but I guess it doesn't use oil? :neat:
I hate this digital world :thisisfine:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:21 am

I hate this digital world :thisisfine:
You need an STI in your life. I know a guy...
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Maybe its the stop and go in the mean streets of El A but i've never gone 10k. Ive got a service oil change etc. scheduled in 3 weeks and the last one was in like March so def not 10k.

I remember the ongoing old man river debates about oil change intervals on the BROTI forums and one time I did the Blackstone analysis. I was doing every 10k on that thing, tuned, driving the shit out of it. Got the analysis done, w/out remembering specifics, it was uneventful and everything looked 'good' with the analysis and nothing pointed to me needing to change it sooner. So I figure with the 7-8k mile intervals on the douchemobile I should be golden.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

Achievement unlocked! Parked next to a clown car with my own clown car
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 pm Achievement unlocked! Parked next to a clown car with my own clown car
My cat and dog were two little donuts cuddling together on the couch today but this is absolutely cuter.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:03 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 pm Achievement unlocked! Parked next to a clown car with my own clown car
My cat and dog were two little donuts cuddling together on the couch today but this is absolutely cuter.
:wub: