Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:25 pm Who in the hell would accept a personal check for a car purchase? Worse, who in the hell would attempt to purchase without discussing how to do funds? Some people insist on cash, others are ok with cash. Very strange :derp: here.
Yeah.. I’m guessing the kid is young since dad is buying the car for him therefore didn’t realize he needed to relay the information about needed a cashier’s check.

Oh well. They’re scheduled to meet up at 1:00 this afternoon to do the :dill:
Just after 1:00 out there. So did the :dill: get done?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Yeah.. I’m guessing the kid is young since dad is buying the car for him therefore didn’t realize he needed to relay the information about needed a cashier’s check.

Oh well. They’re scheduled to meet up at 1:00 this afternoon to do the :dill:
:lolol: I literally just got a text from him saying it’s sold and came here to update.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:22 pm

:lolol: I literally just got a text from him saying it’s sold and came here to update.
:mahman:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Anti :hibachi: :mahman:
SAWCE

Happy it all worked out for him. Him and the wife are saving for a house, so he was hesitant to buy the truck, but the Rex was paid off so being able to put that 22k to the truck makes it easier to swallow.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm Happy it all worked out for him. Him and the wife are saving for a house, so he was hesitant to buy the truck, but the Rex was paid off so being able to put that 22k to the truck makes it easier to swallow.
Not sure I see the logic here but yea :)

How’s he getting back from Texas ? He driving back? That’s like a 2000 mile trip.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm Happy it all worked out for him. Him and the wife are saving for a house, so he was hesitant to buy the truck, but the Rex was paid off so being able to put that 22k to the truck makes it easier to swallow.

How’s he getting back from Texas ? He driving back? That’s like a 2000 mile trip.
Not a lot of logic, but he’s been missing having a truck ever since he sold his old Ranger years ago. He’s a outdoors bro: snowboard, dirt bike, camping, etc. Truck will fit his lifestyle better than the WRX did. He and the wife make decent money (.gov and ER nurse) so they’ll replenish what was spent on the truck quickly enough.

Yeah, he’s flying down there Friday, picking up the truck then road tripping home and stopping in to see a few of our friends along the way and crash on their couches.. Denver, Boise, not sure where else.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:07 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Not a lot of logic, but he’s been missing having a truck ever since he sold his old Ranger years ago. He’s a outdoors bro: snowboard, dirt bike, camping, etc. Truck will fit his lifestyle better than the WRX did. He and the wife make decent money (.gov and ER nurse) so they’ll replenish what was spent on the truck quickly enough.

Yeah, he’s flying down there Friday, picking up the truck then road tripping home and stopping in to see a few of our friends along the way and crash on their couches.. Denver, Boise, not sure where else.
I mean I was just wondering because it seems like you can get a new one for not much more especially after you consider the flight/fuel/2000 added miles to the car and all that time behind the wheels.

I’d do it for a super special hard to find car that needs to be a certain spec, but blk turds are fairly easy to find.

Actually on second thought the Auto costs $2750 so ... it would be a 47k msrp truck... yea it’s probably worth the trip. At 44/45 it is a bit Tougher to swallow
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:41 pm

I mean I was just wondering because it seems like you can get a new one for not much more especially after you consider the flight/fuel/2000 added miles to the car and all that time behind the wheels.

I’d do it for a super special hard to find car that needs to be a certain spec, but blk turds are fairly easy to find.

Actually on second thought the Auto costs $2750 so ... it would be a 47k msrp truck... yea it’s probably worth the trip. At 44/45 it is a bit Tougher to swallow
:word:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The trip is part of the fun too I feel. I've always kind of wanted to do the cross country car purchase/trip.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:58 am

The trip is part of the fun too I feel. I've always kind of wanted to do the cross country car purchase/trip.
:dat: if wife unit wasn’t going with him I offered to fly out and make the drive from TX to WA with him. Would be a blast.
SAWCE

This is now NateDogg14x’ truck thread :lol:

He just sent me these pics that the :dillerman: sent him afyer they detailed the truck today. He flies down tomorrow morning.

max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 pm This is now NateDogg14x’ truck thread :lol:

He just sent me these pics that the :dillerman: sent him afyer they detailed the truck today. He flies down tomorrow morning.

Yep I really don't mind it all that much in the Back to the Future color scheme. I was looking at a new one for 44.5K sticker locally, but I couldn't pull the trigger on black...
max225

Also I really don't mind any of this posting here, because it gives me a really good data point as I am in the market for the exact same :truk:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 pm This is now NateDogg14x’ truck thread :lol:

No time for the monster energy stickers yet? :lol:

:nice: :truk:
SAWCE

Black usually hides a lot of lines, but to me this :truk: still looks really good in black.

Cement and that olive green color are my top two doe.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 pm Also I really don't mind any of this posting here, because it gives me a really good data point as I am in the market for the exact same :truk:
Keeps things lively around here, things are kind of dead... no one seems to be going through vehicle searches at the moment.

My :jeep: :dill: was only like a week of :plac: content.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 pm Also I really don't mind any of this posting here, because it gives me a really good data point as I am in the market for the exact same :truk:
Keeps things lively around here, things are kind of dead... no one seems to be going through vehicle searches at the moment.

I pulled my :jeep: :dill: without any preface here. GTI was in need of repairs that would cost more than it was worth and I’d always wanted a Jeep, so drove to the :dillerman: and they made me a fair :dill: on both purchase and trade-in. Boom. From having the idea to go look at Jeeps that day to driving off the lot in a brand new one was probably a total of 3 hours.

Anti :hibachi:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 pm Keeps things lively around here, things are kind of dead... no one seems to be going through vehicle searches at the moment.

I pulled my :jeep: :dill: without any preface here. GTI was in need of repairs that would cost more than it was worth and I’d always wanted a Jeep, so drove to the :dillerman: and they made me a fair :dill: on both purchase and trade-in. Boom. From having the idea to go look at Jeeps that day to driving off the lot in a brand new one was probably a total of 3 hours.

:gtfo:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:58 pm
SAWCE wrote:

:gtfo:
:zing:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:57 pm

We got a good blend of those :troywax: my body is my downpayment types and those trying to look for a :dill: for weeks/months. Rona has made things substantially more difficult for most
max225

I am sure there is more to come with that regard. We haven’t seen the last of it yet
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:57 pm

:impressive:
You're obviously doing it :wrong: :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Only person I spoke to about :jeep: :dill: was Detroit for dat homie hookup. That :dill: just worked itself out.
max225

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... n=atempest

This is my perfect spec Taco... sitting used above MRSP. I wonder why someone traded that thing in.

It is however not on the Toyota of Claremont website so perhaps it has sold as well.