Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:42 am So update on the clown car:

A bit of :eeyore: on the mini as of late. :plac: is starting to rear his ugly head.

I just don't find myself driving it much (200 miles a month tops), took it out this weekend and it was sort of a blah experience. Due to my own :troywax: wasting of money it just doesn't "excite" me as much, mainly because there is now a GP, which makes my JCW far less special. Also because the Taco rides so nice I am now spoiled... It was hard to drive a small vehicle that is constantly bullied by others on the road... and not to mention tons of jumping due to stiff suspension etc...

Overall... not sure what to do about the vehicle at this point. The woman loves it, and would want to keep it but I don't really see a need anymore. I think I want to downsize the wheels to 17"s still but I don't want to waste money
This is why I don't have cars anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am
Ideal timeline IMO. Ford's going to need at least a year to work the kinks out of the Bronco, so I wouldn't even consider a new one until 2022 CY. Defender will probably be pretty solid next year, so that could be done sooner.

Honestly, the Defender makes the most sense for you IMO. Should still be quieter than the Bronco because the roof doesn't come off, should be more comfortable and drive better since it's basically a RRS underneath, and it'll go anywhere off-road that you want to go.
Defender really does, but it was at the time of purchase of the taco “marked up” 10k, pushing it to 66k. Since then they have a $1000 rebate, 11k
Swing. But even then a bit more than the taco.

Most on the lot are 65k+ loaded versions. RR let’s you order unlike some brands 🙄. And it takes 3 months to get it here from Slovakia, same amount of time
As from Toledo. So overall that’s the way to go IMO, options really need to be cherry picked.

The biggest draw for the Defender is the relative rarity and uniqueness, which will rapidly decrease as they sell more. I see about 100 tacos a day, but maybe 1 other trd pro, I also see about 50 RR a day but maybe 1 defender. That’s :nice:
I am seeing more and more Defenders around, they seem to be selling well here where everyone is rich as fuck somehow. I would still estimate I see 50 Tacos for every one Defender :doe:

Tacos are ubiquitous, they are up there with Rav/CRV/F150/Civic/etc. as the most common vehicles around. :jeep: is pretty up there as well.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am

Defender really does, but it was at the time of purchase of the taco “marked up” 10k, pushing it to 66k. Since then they have a $1000 rebate, 11k
Swing. But even then a bit more than the taco.

Most on the lot are 65k+ loaded versions. RR let’s you order unlike some brands 🙄. And it takes 3 months to get it here from Slovakia, same amount of time
As from Toledo. So overall that’s the way to go IMO, options really need to be cherry picked.

The biggest draw for the Defender is the relative rarity and uniqueness, which will rapidly decrease as they sell more. I see about 100 tacos a day, but maybe 1 other trd pro, I also see about 50 RR a day but maybe 1 defender. That’s :nice:
I am seeing more and more Defenders around, they seem to be selling well here where everyone is rich as fuck somehow. I would still estimate I see 50 Tacos for every one Defender :doe:

Tacos are ubiquitous, they are up there with Rav/CRV/F150/Civic/etc. as the most common vehicles around. :jeep: is pretty up there as well.
:impressive: yep everyone is :troywax: as of late, but I simply don't see defenders, :notsure: if it is too "peasant" of a vehicle to be seen around in these parts, as I see more RR than I see tacomas, but simply no defenders.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm

:impressive: yep everyone is :troywax: as of late, but I simply don't see defenders, :notsure: if it is too "peasant" of a vehicle to be seen around in these parts, as I see more RR than I see tacomas, but simply no defenders.
:mindblown:
max225

Cement vs Lunar rock in case anyone :whocares:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Night and day difference
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:46 pm Night and day difference
:notsure: if :trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:16 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:46 pm Night and day difference
:notsure: if :trollface:
The overall tone of the paint is the same; but I like the combo of newer looking tail lights, subtle decals, body colored bumper, and somewhat more army/desert combat/high-end-terrorist-edginess to the green tone in your paint with all that hardware bolted on. So I'm obviously a big fan and give it a :like:

Edit: I'm looking at these :truk: :truk: on my computer and I see that both have the body colored bumper. Somehow I misconstrued the left one to have a silver juan instead.
Last edited by Tar on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I can see a difference between the colors, but I’m not sure which is which...
ChrisoftheNorth

Lunar rock appears to have a bit more green in it. Really neat color, especially when compared to cement.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:41 am I can see a difference between the colors, but I’m not sure which is which...
That's how I feel too, lighting conditions, cameras, dirt levels on the truck all modify how it looks. I have remove all variables here... Side by side, same lighting etc. You CAN see a bit of a difference (Lunar) on right. And two different Cement hues on the left (Taco + FJ).
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:18 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:41 am I can see a difference between the colors, but I’m not sure which is which...
That's how I feel too, lighting conditions, cameras, dirt levels on the truck all modify how it looks. I have remove all variables here... Side by side, same lighting etc. You CAN see a bit of a difference (Lunar) on right. And two different Cement hues on the left (Taco + FJ).
Ah gotcha. Side by side I think I like the Lunar a bit more. The green undertones look nice compared to the blue hue that the Cement has.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:18 am

Ah gotcha. Side by side I think I like the Lunar a bit more. The green undertones look nice compared to the blue hue that the Cement has.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Thinking of this mod. The stock volume knob is super tiny.

max225

OEM mod..
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 pmOEM mod..
I like the rubber knobs that Toyota started using on current model Ravs. Your upgraded example is much better. :doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:42 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 pmOEM mod..
I like the rubber knobs that Toyota started using on current model Ravs. Your upgraded example is much better. :doit:
:dat: :notbad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The heated seat buttons with blue backlighting

:triggered:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 am The heated seat buttons with blue backlighting

:wat: 's :wrong: with :dat: ?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 am The heated seat buttons with blue backlighting

Didn’t even notice. It’s a feature I never use. The woman however has it on 2/3 which is displayed in red as indicated. And yoda remembers the setting which is super convenient. They don’t turn off unless you turn em off
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat: , it looks like it is straight out of 1986 :facepalm:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Blue is for cold like all the faucets in your house.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:03 pm
wap wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Blue is for cold like all the faucets in your house.
I see orange ass-heater LEDS :iono:
I guess I just assume that the seat button is heat only when there is just the one.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:13 pm

:dat: , it looks like it is straight out of 1986 :facepalm:
Couple that with drum brakes from 1925 and it is nothing but pure suffering in here. I don't know how I will survive without thoughts of killing myself every time I drive it.
max225

My mini backlit for heated seats is white also... I don't think I have seen RED heated seat backlit buttons.