Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Chef just sold his '13 S with all the right options for like $9k southern car too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:08 pm Chef just sold his '13 S with all the right options for like $9k southern car too.
Glad he found a buyer, I really wanted that thing, it was sweet. I just couldn't justify the :troywax: when I don't really drive at all.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Jesus, thing is brand new.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Holy fuckballs

:amazing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Just saw one in that color last weekend and was all :jimp: . That thing is in insane condition. :waxer: :doe:
max225

Perfect example of how the rich get richer.

The year is 2014.
Rich dude:
Seinfeld orders his assistant to get him a brand new Toyota FJ.
Assistant rolls into :dillerman: and pays sticker @42k
6 years later when the lake house is getting sold at an immense profit, the lake car has to go. Boom 26k profit achieved

Poor guy:
Buys a new dodge caravan for his fam @30k and 7% interest @ 72 months. Total paid out ... 40k
Car is now worth ... 5k. Amount lost 35k

Mr Seinfeld and the poor guy have now achieved a 61k net worth worth differential through a singular vehicle transaction

:mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:23 pm:notwrong:
:dat:

It's insane.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:41 am Perfect example of how the rich get richer.

The year is 2014.
Rich dude:
6 years later when the lake house is getting sold at an immense profit, the lake car has to go. Boom 26k profit achieved

Poor guy:
Buys a new dodge caravan for his fam @30k and 7% interest @ 72 months. Total paid out ... 40k

Mr Seinfeld and the poor guy have now achieved a 61k net worth worth differential through a singular vehicle transaction

I think this is kick ass content and mostly true except you are forgetting that Seinfeld parked his rig for all those years while his flunkies put wax on and wax off while the poor guy drove his Caravan all over hell and back while his crotchfruit annihilated it with Capri Sun, Toasty O's and boogers.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:41 am Perfect example of how the rich get richer.

The year is 2014.
Rich dude:

Poor guy:

I think this is kick ass content and mostly true except you are forgetting that Seinfeld parked his rig for all those years while his flunkies put wax on and wax off while the poor guy drove his Caravan all over hell and back while his crotchfruit annihilated it with Capri Sun, Toasty O's and boogers.
Because he has 100 other appreciating cars to chose from.
100 cars x 3000 miles a year... 300k miles potentially to be put on all vehicles in the stable. I am not sure this was "underutilized" in that sense in order to "save it for the next guy"
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The year is 2014.
Rich dude:

Poor guy:

3k miles vs 100k miles
The above only applies if Seinfeld is WFH exclusive. Otherwise you’d have to assess Seinfeld’s DD.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm

The year is 2014.
Rich dude:

Poor guy:

3k miles vs 100k miles
The above only applies if Seinfeld is WFH exclusive. Otherwise you’d have to assess Seinfeld’s DD.
I did mention the other 100 cars. Which are also all appreciating
max225

This is interesting.
The app is surpassingly versatile. Can should you if your hood/doors are unlocked, last vehicle location. Remote unlock and start. :neat: pretty good for a 1930s based dump truk
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 am This is interesting.
The app is surpassingly versatile. Can should you if your hood/doors are unlocked, last vehicle location. Remote unlock and start. :neat: pretty good for a 1930s based dump truk
Is there a fee to use the app? Asking for professional reasons.

At GM, there's a similar app that's free for the first year, then you have to pay to use it after. FCA is the same using SiriusXM Guardian.

I always found the apps to be very useful, but not worth paying for. I always argued that they should be free because they're really just money grabs. It's a nice benefit for the customer with minimum cost to the company.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am

At GM, there's a similar app that's free for the first year, then you have to pay to use it after. FCA is the same using SiriusXM Guardian.

I always found the apps to be very useful, but not worth paying for. I always argued that they should be free because they're really just money grabs. It's a nice benefit for the customer with minimum cost to the company.
I think "free" for a year. It is strikingly similar to my BMW app on the mini. Which still has very similar functionality and I am post "free" trial now. The main issue is, you have to have it plugged in (into the mini) for it to work now, and it isn't over the air.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am

I think "free" for a year. It is strikingly similar to my BMW app on the mini. Which still has very similar functionality and I am post "free" trial now. The main issue is, you have to have it plugged in (into the mini) for it to work now, and it isn't over the air.
:lolol: WTF is the point then?

Interesting that charging for it is an industry thing I guess.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am

It's super useful (in the mini) I punch in where I want to go in the phone, and it sends it to the car. And it shows last known location/fuel level etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:04 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am

It's super useful (in the mini) I punch in where I want to go in the phone, and it sends it to the car. And it shows last known location/fuel level etc.
Sending destinations to nav is :neat: the rest :whocares:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:07 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:04 am
Yea I mainly use it for the first one... also just FYI BMW allows "free" access for 4 years.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:08 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:07 am
Yea I mainly use it for the first one... also just FYI BMW allows "free" access for 4 years.
Premium brands seem to include it for longer...I believe MB is the same.
max225

Some bigger pic... gotta take some extra in case anyone :whocares:

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:eeyore: :eeyore:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It is a really interesting discussion. As my company is a hardware manufacturer/distributor, we have a software Cloud based remote management platform built into hundreds of our products. Huge investment goes into this and it is a really powerful tool for our customers, but it is completely free/built into the hardware cost. I find as a sales guy, this is a HUGE selling feature that really drives biz our way in a lot of areas that are pretty commoditized and we may otherwise be "priced out of the market". Our strategy is a bit different though as our customers are professional installers presumably buying the same products every week/month/quarter over and over for new jobs/projects.

That said, in the automotive realm, :millennial: and younger who love tech may be too :scrooge: to pay for the app, but I could see them returning to a brand just because they love the app. Even if they got a used/hand-me-down car and really liked the app, when they have new car money later in life, I could see being a long time app user with that brand driving sales. How many people move away from iPhones or Samsungs or whatever? Most just stick with what they know.

So I think you are correct, it should be free.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:15 am Some bigger pic... gotta take some extra in case anyone :whocares:

Nice, dude! What is the color? Is it Cement? It looks green in some pics. I still :wub: the MINI.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:29 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:15 am Some bigger pic... gotta take some extra in case anyone :whocares:

Nice, dude! What is the color? Is it Cement? It looks green in some pics. I still :wub: the MINI.
Nope not "cement" but it is pretty close. This one is called Lunar COCK (rock) . I mean I am not a color guy, but it is actually quite different from the mini (color wise). I don't hate it at all, not my favorite, as I would prefer Cavalry blue, but certainly not something I don't like.