:mahman:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 am
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Local :amir: dude renting his :jeep: for $95 a day... $320 total for 3 days... :gaydance: not great not terrible... if someone was to it from my friend it would amount to 17k a year @20/30 days rented in the month.
Seems like an OK proposition. The vehicle handoff is an issue I feel... like do you leave work to drive to the airport then blow $$ on Lyft back?

A :jeep: is the best Turo vehicle to own - durable as hell, cool factor for people’s vacations, super low depreciation. I’ve considered it but don’t think Charlotte would get a ton of traction. I’ve debated throwing the Kamry on there for :science:
you don't have that commute anymore I presume? I'd probably throw it in and perhaps put an age limit, in case if there's an inexperienced :manuel: driver potentially ruining your clutch.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 am
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Local :amir: dude renting his :jeep: for $95 a day... $320 total for 3 days... :gaydance: not great not terrible... if someone was to it from my friend it would amount to 17k a year @20/30 days rented in the month.
Seems like an OK proposition. The vehicle handoff is an issue I feel... like do you leave work to drive to the airport then blow $$ on Lyft back?

A :jeep: is the best Turo vehicle to own - durable as hell, cool factor for people’s vacations, super low depreciation. I’ve considered it but don’t think Charlotte would get a ton of traction. I’ve debated throwing the Kamry on there for :science:
Spent over an hr talking to the dude... it seems that Turo takes a 35% Cut from the fee, on top of charging the renter. So turo makes 45% off the entire rental which is insanity.

I think the jeep would be a breakeven... at best. Also buddy told me he handles at least 1 claim a month... every car he has rented has been hit to some extent... At least I got the 0 BS explanation... :notsure: if it still makes sense.
max225

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

By :gay: co worker took this ... twinsies :gay:

Also got my worst fuel tank ever ... 25mpg :wtf:
max225

Also going in for the last warranty service this friday...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm Also going in for the last warranty service this friday...
Should’ve bought a :truk:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm Also going in for the last warranty service this friday...
Should’ve bought a :truk:
I'll trade it in on a :truk: cuz it needs an alignment. Can't be bothered to deal with that.
max225

:eeyore: thoughts of the day...

Mini is too slow, I went :fullretard: on my way to work hoping to create a smokeshow through a one wheel peel... nope... Car gently peels out for a split second or so, and then gets traction... and we're talking full throttle TC off and MAKING A TURN.

On the flipside it is incredibly easy to drive. You can't really fuck up in this thing.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:32 pm :eeyore: thoughts of the day...

Mini is too slow, I went :fullretard: on my way to work hoping to create a smokeshow through a one wheel peel... nope... Car gently peels out for a split second or so, and then gets traction... and we're talking full throttle TC off and MAKING A TURN.

On the flipside it is incredibly easy to drive. You can't really fuck up in this thing.
Traction > no traction IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:35 pm

I just wanted some smoke mang.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:14 pm
:butwhy:

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:14 pm
I'm thinking there's gotta be some sort of torque limiter, or by the time it made boost it already had traction. My SVX in fwd mode would smoke a front wheel into second gear from a stop. That made 230tq with :235: so I assume your problem is one of the two things I mentioned.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

One wheel peel in a truk
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Must have something to do with traction control or the slushbox? You should be able to roast a tire indefinitely in 1st gear... Sounds like the auto is short-shifting.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 pm Must have something to do with traction control or the slushbox? You should be able to roast a tire indefinitely in 1st gear... Sounds like the auto is short-shifting.
I have it in manual mode pegging it all the way to 6k... but perhaps there is just too much "traction" from the lovely :205: i gain too much speed before its all said and done...

Image is what I wanna do.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Seems like that should be easy in 1st but automatics are weird.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 pm Seems like that should be easy in 1st but automatics are weird.
1/2 a second chirp some torque steer then it claws itself into the pavement. :butwhy: I want smoke bro.

I'll try with the VSC completely off, in the "TC" off setting may or may not be the culprit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 pm Seems like that should be easy in 1st but automatics are weird.
1/2 a second chirp some torque steer then it claws itself into the pavement. :butwhy: I want smoke bro.

I'll try with the VSC completely off, in the "TC" off setting may or may not be the culprit.
"Everything off" is :bs: in a lot of modern cars :sad:

I can't get the ass end out in my Kamry to save my life and it should be easy with a manual, all seasons in the rear, cold temps... I yanked the wheel and mashed the throttle in a 1" deep puddle yesterday and nothing.

Most new cars are just boring.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 am

"Everything off" is :bs: in a lot of modern cars :sad:

I can't get the ass end out in my Kamry to save my life and it should be easy with a manual, all seasons in the rear, cold temps... I yanked the wheel and mashed the throttle in a 1" deep puddle yesterday and nothing.

Most new cars are just boring.
I spun doughnuts with a 430 loaner in my work parking lot .... odd ?! Did you turn tc off ?
max225

Avoiding the :derp: s in the furthest depth of the parking lot
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’d bet the car has brake based LSD stuff going on even when TC is off. And torque reduction in 1st and 2nd.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:20 am

I’d bet the car has brake based LSD stuff going on even when TC is off. And torque reduction in 1st and 2nd.

max225

At mini :dillerman: all the service dudes seem super chill unlike every bmw I have been to so far...

I showed him the staining on the stripes and he said he would take care of it ... oil change is $89.99 no upselling attempted.

No loaner of course but that’s ok, I told him I would wait around and he told me he will pull in my car first and get it ahead of the line.

I think the bro wants to fuck
5/7 will put out