Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Wedding is going to be done with 6 people for no money at all. She :aintcare: we went over this. No planning nothing.

1.5M homes ain’t happening because we ain’t married yet and prop values are projected to decrease over the next 12-18 months so we have nothing to lose by waiting.

This clown car is costing me 1/2 of what the Kamry cost me to operate. So yes it is adulting believe it or not. I’m hoping the exhaust will bring the “fun” level to m3 status.

And I’m installing it are my friends POS 923 sq foot house in San Jose. So I have to figure out a way to drive two sets of exhausts that can barely carry me

And you don’t wanna know what I have planned for next Wednesday.
I DO doe. And for the record a day spent installing a turboback exhaust on ANYTHING is a good day. Just having my fun per the usual, my green visored pilgrim from the Urals.
I know my desert 🌹. Missed ya on here no :gay:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

15k miles, thats respectable. I'm on year 3 in this car with 37k miles but miles have gone up drastically in the past year so I'd say 15k p/yr is a safe projection.

Epic pipes brah.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I DO doe. And for the record a day spent installing a turboback exhaust on ANYTHING is a good day. Just having my fun per the usual, my green visored pilgrim from the Urals.
I know my desert 🌹. Missed ya on here no :gay:
You rich folk are so sweet.

:trollface:
max225

Dare you to outghetto me !

Also it’s done. Epic happy that I went with OEM. It’s insane great quality. Plugged into oem fuse box etc. insanely good fit.

Oem or nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:03 pm Image

Also it’s done. Epic happy that I went with OEM. It’s insane great quality. Plugged into oem fuse box etc. insanely good fit.

Oem or nothing.

How’s it sound?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Is it fun as fuck?

:fuckyeah:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Oem or nothing.

How’s it sound?
Pretty good couldn’t test it yet in residentials... but it’s much quieter than I thought even though it’s a straight pipe. About 40% quieter than the m3 but still just the right amount of fun. It’s certainly refined .... loving it more updates as I put miles on it...

This exhaust cut out a resonator and a muffler and it’s still quiet :impressive:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:16 pm

How’s it sound?
Pretty good couldn’t test it yet in residentials... but it’s much quieter than I thought even though it’s a straight pipe. About 40% quieter than the m3 but still just the right amount of fun. It’s certainly refined .... loving it more updates as I put miles on it...

This exhaust cut out a resonator and a muffler and it’s still quiet :impressive:
This is the valve exhaust right? So only str8 pipe when you want? It might get a bit louder as the miles get out on.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:21 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:19 pm

This is the valve exhaust right? So only str8 pipe when you want? It might get a bit louder as the miles get out on.
Valve opens through a button... but it seems
Quiet when strait piped ... i expected more... it’s quiet enough to be woman approved when open 100% of the time which is both :disappoint: and :fuckyeah: at the same time
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:34 am

Quiet when strait piped ... i expected more... it’s quiet enough to be woman approved when open 100% of the time which is both :disappoint: and :fuckyeah: at the same time
Interdasting. I'm kind of at the same point with my brub. Sounds good, louder than stock, but sometimes I want it louder although it's really just right for daily driving.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Interdasting. I'm kind of at the same point with my brub. Sounds good, louder than stock, but sometimes I want it louder although it's really just right for daily driving.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Interdasting. Try popping the air filter lid off for a short drive? That might get you some more noise in the cabin. I'm kind of at the same point with my brub. Sounds good, louder than stock, but sometimes I want it louder although it's really just right for daily driving.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The turbo itself seems to really quiet these down quite a bit.

Also :notsure: on the out-ghettoing but my exhaust install was done on a patch of grass next to a non running Chevy Nova.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Turbos are great mufflers. It's how the Abarf is straight piped from the factory.

I'd also expect it to wake up a tad with miles.

OEM or nothing indeed, excellent choice.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

First time under the car ... damn it’s pretty much new. Really happy with the purchase. Gonna put some miles on this bad boy today.

Also the new exhaust was quite smelly... hopefully that goes away soon

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:49 am Image

First time under the car ... damn it’s pretty much new. Really happy with the purchase. Gonna put some miles on this bad boy today.

There's a bunch of oils and shit on the exhaust from manufacturing, shipping, etc that need to burn off. They will.

My Jeep exhaust smells a bit, just new component shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Chemical smell? These things have oil all over them that burns off.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 am

Chemical smell? These things have oil all over them that burns off.
:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm

And you crossed out your license plate. :impressive:

Weren't you one of the guys saying that's stupid?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I was fking waiting for you guys to notice... FINALLY! Jesus.
I saw it in the beginning, but didn't want to call you out.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Oem or nothing.

:rage:

All that shit stacked against the fence, who do you think you are, my renter neighbors?

The piece of shit here leans stuff like that against my fence all the time and I knock that crap over NFG. Apparently he doesn't get it or care, even though I've explained that I paid for the fence because his slumlord was too cheap. Next time that fence needs to be replaced I'm billing that fucker and will have camera and drone footage of the misuse/abuse.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Very cool Max. I really like the idea of being able to switch exhaust notes. This is actuated via BT or manually? If BT, How is the switch powered?

Turbro edit: :nevermind: I re read and see that you wired it to the fuse box.
Last edited by Irish on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Irish wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:20 am Very cool Max. I really like the idea of being able to switch exhaust notes. This is actuated via BT or manually? If BT, How is the switch powered?
BT. Through the most over engineered switch ever
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:17 am

Oem or nothing.

:rage:

All that shit stacked against the fence, who do you think you are, my renter neighbors?

The piece of shit here leans stuff like that against my fence all the time and I knock that crap over NFG. Apparently he doesn't get it or care, even though I've explained that I paid for the fence because his slumlord was too cheap. Next time that fence needs to be replaced I'm billing that fucker and will have camera and drone footage of the misuse/abuse.
It’s my best friends/contractors house in sj. It’s cool cuz his neighbors have 7 people living in a 920 sq foot house. Now they can stare at my pipe. I’d take it home but it doesn’t fit into the mini as it isn’t 2 piece like the new one
max225

One interesting factoid ... the pro exhaust essentially removed the resonator, and the muffler is slightly smaller, however in “quiet” mode it’s near stock. I wonder why mini put that resonator there to begin with. Odd

Can’t wait to drive this thing more.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:52 pm One interesting factoid ... the pro exhaust essentially removed the resonator, and the muffler is slightly smaller, however in “quiet” mode it’s near stock. I wonder why mini put that resonator there to begin with. Odd

Can’t wait to drive this thing more.
There's probably some resonance that 1% of owners will experience for 5 seconds but that's enough to require that resonator. Don't need it hitting the :poop: note.