MrH's Garage Carousel

Strut your greasy stuff!
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

So I need a spot where the community can collectively laugh at my turrible :plac: moves. This is that place.

Previous cars:
2002 Mazda Protege5
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Toyota Tacoma
2009 Honda Element
2013 Subaru BRZ
2014 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0
2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Current Cars:
2018 Accord EX-L w/ 2.0t & 10-speed Auto

2001 S2000. AP1 life

New Corvette debut had wild things running through my mind. I could sell both cars, get a beater 4Runner and new vette, but that would be a bad call. I just dumped a lot of money into suspension and :ramz: & tires for S2000, so it's staying for awhile.

But the realistic :plac: move: trade in Accord on new Outback? Overall, Accord is nice. Rides well, handles well, power and gas mileage are great.

The bad:
- It can't put the power down to save its life. It'll squeal the tires all the way past 40 for the most part.
- FWD on all seasons is not great for winter driving in Blowhio.
- Sedan shape isn't great for carrying things
- But the biggest issue: I can't get comfortable in the damn thing. If I set for my legs to be stretched out in front of me, my elbows have to fully lock to grab the wheel. I can't find a single position where my back doesn't hurt after driving for an hour. I've had it for a year now and still can't get the damn driving position right.

New Outback got me :jizz:

Onyx XT trim, no moonroof. Upgrade the stereo myself. Probably green color, maybe blue? If my Subaru dealer can give me a really competitive trade in on the Accord, I can get out with losing my ass completely.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I just saw a Protege5 yesterday. I really like those stupid mini-wagonette things.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

MrH42 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 pm

2001 S2000. AP1 life

6UL's

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well if you want a Corvette.... trade me the S2000 for mine? :lolol:

In4pics of past rides.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice S2k. I like the new outback as well, especially since Subaru decided to put a real motor in it.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:wat: is going on here ...corvette.... outback ... cross shopping ? :wtf:

can’t get comfortable in a band new car with 10 way power seats etc, but considering old
4 runner which is :thisisfine:

I am lost :lolgasm:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 am :wat: is going on here ...corvette.... outback ... cross shopping ? :wtf:

can’t get comfortable in a band new car with 10 way power seats etc, but considering old

:plac: disease
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

That's pretty disappointing about the Accord. I always sort of assumed that if I ever did need a real "dad" car I'd be shopping for an Accord Sport with the manual. Every review ever written raves about the seats and the seating position in the Civic Si and Type R, I was hoping the Accord would at least have a similarly low and supportive seating position even if the bolstering isn't exactly there.

Love the S2000, though, and really dig the new Outback. An Onyx XT in that green would be dope with the 2.4L turbo.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 am Well if you want a Corvette.... trade me the S2000 for mine? :lolol:

In4pics of past rides.
Thanks, but no thanks. I want lighter and more extreme and more open air than S2000.

Pics of other cars will have to wait until I'm back home. Work comp-pooter doesn't have all my car albums.
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 am
MrH42 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 pm

2001 S2000. AP1 life

6UL's
Race car wheels
wap wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:56 pm I just saw a Protege5 yesterday. I really like those stupid mini-wagonette things.
Great little cars. I loved mine. Slow as could all be though.
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 am :wat: is going on here ...corvette.... outback ... cross shopping ? :wtf:

I was told I would fit in here!

:foreveralone:
coogles wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 am That's pretty disappointing about the Accord. I always sort of assumed that if I ever did need a real "dad" car I'd be shopping for an Accord Sport with the manual. Every review ever written raves about the seats and the seating position in the Civic Si and Type R, I was hoping the Accord would at least have a similarly low and supportive seating position even if the bolstering isn't exactly there.

Love the S2000, though, and really dig the new Outback. An Onyx XT in that green would be dope with the 2.4L turbo.
Maybe it's just my body shape. Who knows. I feel like I'm always leaning one way or the other, trying to get comfortable in it. The shape of the back of the seat just not conducive to me. Tried moving the lower bolster in every position possible. Basically, the seat back is shaped like a C, not an S. It's like a bad air plane seat. I keep getting cramps in my upper back
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 am That's pretty disappointing about the Accord. I always sort of assumed that if I ever did need a real "dad" car I'd be shopping for an Accord Sport with the manual. Every review ever written raves about the seats and the seating position in the Civic Si and Type R, I was hoping the Accord would at least have a similarly low and supportive seating position even if the bolstering isn't exactly there.

Yeah, the Si seats are great, Type R looks awesome too. Would drive.

What is the next open air thing?? :popcorn:

I like where this is going, fresh :meat: :fuckyeah:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I really want to do an Exocet build. But I'm not a great wrench. I have a mechanical engineering degree, can usually figure out what I'm supposed to do, I'm just really slow and don't particularly enjoy it.

I love ND Miatas too. I tried to get rid of the S2000 for a new miata multiple times, and :dillerman: always ended up being too gun shy on S2000 trade in values. Sales price is too volatile and risky for them.

I've considered an Elise for a long time. Love the way they look. They're so fragile though.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Man I think that's the worst angle for the Accord. Looks like a sea lion or something that's been dead for a couple days and starting to bloat.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 pm Man I think that's the worst angle for the Accord. Looks like a sea lion or something that's been dead for a couple days and starting to bloat.
The wheels and rear end are really bad.

Also, wtf is up with the side sills? Why is there a chrome strip that runs all the way up into the bumper?
max225

I just see no point in the accord because the civic is already fking Yuge... it is perfectly acceptable for 4 people + if you get the hatch its enormously large inside. Accord sort of makes no sense at all in the current line up... but they have been throwing 5-6k on the hood on one of those here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:26 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 pm Man I think that's the worst angle for the Accord. Looks like a sea lion or something that's been dead for a couple days and starting to bloat.
The wheels and rear end are really bad.

Also, wtf is up with the side sills? Why is there a chrome strip that runs all the way up into the bumper?
Sport trim looks great in blue in person :doe:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 pm I just see no point in the accord because the civic is already fking Yuge... it is perfectly acceptable for 4 people + if you get the hatch its enormously large inside. Accord sort of makes no sense at all in the current line up... but they have been throwing 5-6k on the hood on one of those here.

Yeah, I got $4500 off and more than KBB trade in on the 4Runner. Accord is way more comfortable and nicer inside. Rides better, for not much more money.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Ok, long post. Old cars.

1. First love

2. Tacoma gets no pictures. Only had it for a few months. It was my dad's, just fixed it up to flip it for him. It was a 2005, 4 cyl, 5-speed manual, 4x4. Really rare combo

3. So this was my only car when I bought a house. Here's the MIATA bringing home a new lawnmower.

4. Needed something practical to go with the Miata eventually. Enter the toaster

I put a lot of dumb stickers on it. It was pretty great for that.

6. Sold miata, got the hot new BRZ right when it came out. I still miss how this car looked.

Then I put some racin' wheels and suspension on it.

6. Long ass commute to work everyday made the toaster exhausting to drive. Replaced it with The ROCKET COUCH! 8 cylinders of Seoul.

7. ROCKET COUCH quickly became a vehicle dynamics nightmare. Enter IDAF 4Runner, hell bent on taking on the most challenging of mall crawling courses.

Then the S2000 came along. Then Accord replaced the 4Runner.

I'm really fucking sick of gray cars. I was driving off the lot in the accord and said out loud, "why the fuck did I buy another gray car?"
max225

The accord is sticking out like a sore thumb among the other cars here. :butwhy: did you get it ? Crotch-fruit seat limitation ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

That 4Runner is sweet. Why did the accord replace that?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Accord rides better than the 4R?
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Accord is dynamically really, really good. That's what sold me on the test drive. Ride, handling, and powertrain are all fantastic for a mainstreamer.

I had the 4Runner for 3 years, 60k miles. I was offered $4500 off the Accord and such a high trade in the 4Runner, it was pretty much a 1 for 1 trade. Also, I drive 33 miles each way for my job. Driving in highway bump and go, from 0-80 mph everyday, the 4Runner just isn't very well suited for it. The Accord's assistive driving things help make that commute more tolerable. So that tech + better gas mileage + getting a car 3 years newer and 60k less miles became a no brainer.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:14 pm The accord is sticking out like a sore thumb among the other cars here. :butwhy: did you get it ? Crotch-fruit seat limitation ?
Odd the accord sticks out to you, but not the Genesis, Element, or 4Runner :D

No kids. That was in the plans, hence the back to back practical vehicles. Then the wife said she was in love with her best friend...who was a woman. So yeah, almost got the divorce finalized.

Now I can go back to my :balls: out :plac: ways! :heavybreathing:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:01 am

I want lighter and more extreme and more open air than S2000.

Sounds like you need a motorcycle sir.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Heyy this thread made my morning! Max grilling the new guy for buying the accord haha!!

The Genesis seems neat, any more info on living with that car? Too boaty?

Element stickers on point, 5/7.

Miata/lawn mower picture, :wub: . Who needs a :truk: amirite?

MrH, thank you for the chuckles! :like: