Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 pm

:dat:
he gone. :sad:
:rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 pm

he gone. :sad:
:waiting:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Maybe we came on too strong with the photos and three-way talk. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm Maybe we came on too strong with the photos and three-way talk. :iono:
His avatar is 69, he is probably eating :dolphin: 's at habachi.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

To answer questions:

- can’t do a motorcycle. I’d kill myself in a week. I know too many friends who have seriously hurt themselves on them so it’s a self imposed rule to preserve my life. I’ll do anything with 4 wheels though. Exocet commuting to work in heavy traffic is fair game.

- Jokes are 100% fair game. I was upset the night she broke the news, been fine since. Went over and told my parents the next day “at least it wasn’t a dude with a bigger :alpo::D that was months ago. Sex life wasn’t exactly great leading up to it obviously. Also, I work in the Pharma industry. I’m surrounded by good looking young girls all day. I’ll be just fine.

- Friend wasn’t remotely attractive. Hard pass.

- Of course I got pictures.

- not sure what the dolphin means...but yeah, let’s go with it.

Civic hatch is a lot of car for the money, but yeah, 4 speakers and no keyless is rough. If Type R had AWD, would definitely be in the running. I want to see a 2.5T Mazda3 too.

Genesis R spec was giant and fast. The issue: Hyundai sucks at vehicle dynamics. Shocks were god awful, it drove like a pig on roller skates. Camber curve was non existent. Ride simultaneously rode like shit and handled even worse. Next gen they brought lotus in to consult for the genesis, but It still wasn’t great. Motor was awesome though.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Solid answers :bruh:

I worked pharma for years and you are not kidding about the hotties that industry draws.....
ChrisoftheNorth

MrH42 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:14 pm To answer questions:

- can’t do a motorcycle. I’d kill myself in a week. I know too many friends who have seriously hurt themselves on them so it’s a self imposed rule to preserve my life. I’ll do anything with 4 wheels though. Exocet commuting to work in heavy traffic is fair game.

- Jokes are 100% fair game. I was upset the night she broke the news, been fine since. Went over and told my parents the next day “at least it wasn’t a dude with a bigger :alpo::D that was months ago. Sex life wasn’t exactly great leading up to it obviously. Also, I work in the Pharma industry. I’m surrounded by good looking young girls all day. I’ll be just fine.

Civic hatch is a lot of car for the money, but yeah, 4 speakers and no keyless is rough. If Type R had AWD, would definitely be in the running. I want to see a 2.5T Mazda3 too.

Genesis R spec was giant and fast. The issue: Hyundai sucks at vehicle dynamics. Shocks were god awful, it drove like a pig on roller skates. Camber curve was non existent. Ride simultaneously rode like shit and handled even worse. Next gen they brought lotus in to consult for the genesis, but It still wasn’t great. Motor was awesome though.
:amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

:dolphin: signifies our ex resident retard that essentially talked about how someone dropped a wrench on his never opened engine and snapped a camshaft. His
Explanations for life and refusal to take any sort of advice from many experienced forum members in the field were both :popcorn: :disgust: and :triggered: in many cases
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Things I also said, yet here we are.

Take an MSF, most let you use a loaner bike, see if its for you, if you want.
brain go brrrrrr
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I like it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Woa, this thing is cool!
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

A 2-door, mini suv, AWD, with a :manual: This is a total unicorn and dirt cheap.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 pm A 2-door, mini suv, AWD, with a :manual: This is a total unicorn and dirt cheap.
Yeah the epic depreciation on this is well... epic. You should :doit:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

In 4 [user not found] Paceman knowledge
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You'll be making friends with your local Mini service adviser. That engine is a turd.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:49 pm Solid answers :bruh:
:bravo:

Glad you're sticking around. :) :like:
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 am

:dolphin: signifies our ex resident retard that essentially talked about how someone dropped a wrench on his never opened engine and snapped a camshaft. His
Explanations for life and refusal to take any sort of advice from many experienced forum members in the field were both :popcorn: :disgust: and :triggered: in many cases
5/7 concise description of our own fucking :crang:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm You'll be making friends with your local Mini service adviser. That engine is a turd.
Sad, but true. Probably not worth it. Newer mini's just have the 2.0 4-cylinder from the 3-series right?
Last edited by MrH42 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm You'll be making friends with your local Mini service adviser. That engine is a turd.
Sad, but true. Probably not worth it.
It's cheap because you'll spend money on repairs/maintenance.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Actually, how cheap are new Minis going for now? They don't sell at all really.

A Mini Pooper Clubman S All4 with a stick? In some ultra Jalopy color scheme? British Racing Green, Burgundy interior. Something wild like that would be cool.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:12 pm Actually, how cheap are new Minis going for now? They don't sell at all really.

A Mini Pooper Clubman S All4 with a stick? In some ultra Jalopy color scheme? British Racing Green, Burgundy interior. Something wild like that would be cool.
Over $40k.

You'll probably want at least the Signature trim which starts at $35k and then a couple options puts you in the $40k range...
Last edited by Apex on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:12 pm Actually, how cheap are new Minis going for now? They don't sell at all really.

They don't sell because gas is cheap and no one wants an unreliable british/german turd for 35-50k
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

SAD!
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Over $40k.

You'll probably want at least the Signature trim which starts at $35k and then a couple options puts you in the $40k range...
That's depressing. They depreciate like a rock though. You can find 1 year old, with 10k miles for like $10k+ off. But then you're stuck with somebody else's terrible configuration.