Pasta to Brats - BendeRs R

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 am I'd still be super :notsure: about firming things up with OE levels of NVH. If the OE could stiffen mounts while maintaining NVH targets, they would.

I've never had an aftermarket powertrain mount truly maintain OE NVH despite reviews and claims.
Totally agree, but that's the story.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph ... ew.361043/
This is just a FYI and for anybody that is looking to get some aftermarket mounts. The kit retails for over $800, I believe it's around $880. I did not pay that much for them as I bought them on sale for a little over $500 with shipping; it's was during Memorial weekend of last year. I finally got around to installing them back in September and let me tell you, the NVH is exactly like stock! No added vibration or noise, like some people experience with other brands. Yes, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. So if you are looking for mounts, I highly suggest you wait for the SuperPro's to go on sale and pick them up.
I would have been totally ok with *near* OE levels of NVH while still getting some benefit. I had the 034 street density engine & trans mounts, plus the Vibra-technics subframe mount and pendulum bushing in the MK6 and while it wouldn't have passed the OE requirements for NVH levels, specifically with the AC on where I did get some very minor vibes, it was totally worth the tradeoff for me.

I paid $650 shipped, BTW, hence my wanting $675 shipped. Just want to get my money back.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:27 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 am I'd still be super :notsure: about firming things up with OE levels of NVH. If the OE could stiffen mounts while maintaining NVH targets, they would.

I've never had an aftermarket powertrain mount truly maintain OE NVH despite reviews and claims.
Totally agree, but that's the story.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph ... ew.361043/
This is just a FYI and for anybody that is looking to get some aftermarket mounts. The kit retails for over $800, I believe it's around $880. I did not pay that much for them as I bought them on sale for a little over $500 with shipping; it's was during Memorial weekend of last year. I finally got around to installing them back in September and let me tell you, the NVH is exactly like stock! No added vibration or noise, like some people experience with other brands. Yes, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. So if you are looking for mounts, I highly suggest you wait for the SuperPro's to go on sale and pick them up.
I would have been totally ok with *near* OE levels of NVH while still getting some benefit. I had the 034 street density engine & trans mounts, plus the Vibra-technics subframe mount and pendulum bushing in the MK6 and while it wouldn't have passed the OE requirements for NVH levels, specifically with the AC on where I did get some very minor vibes, it was totally worth the tradeoff for me.

I paid $650 shipped, BTW, hence my wanting $675 shipped. Just want to get my money back.
I'm more sensitive than most to NVH I suspect, but I always take reviews like that with a grain of salt. I've fallen victim to it plenty in the past.

It's a 100% subjective decision though, agreed. If it's worth the trade-off, then awesome. The poly engine mounts I put in my C5 were "fine" until I cammed it. Even then it wasn't bad, but I noticed it way more than others.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 am I'm more sensitive than most to NVH I suspect, but I always take reviews like that with a grain of salt. I've fallen victim to it plenty in the past.

It's a 100% subjective decision though, agreed. If it's worth the trade-off, then awesome. The poly engine mounts I put in my C5 were "fine" until I cammed it. Even then it wasn't bad, but I noticed it way more than others.
Just looking at these things, though, I can see how they'd be totally livable. They still have voids in them like the OE mounts, specifically in the subframe bushings, but you can't flex them by hand. The OE mounts on my MK6 after 40k or whatever it was were totally :flaccid:. I could flex the engine and trans mounts by hand without much effort. They're also not poly, they're rubber, so they should last a whole heck of a lot longer and be more flexible through cold weather.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am
Replacing an old worn out part is one thing. But a brand new part in a mostly new car? :notsure:
This. When they go, they will be upgraded. Not until then.
That's fair. My concern was also whether or not stock mounts designed for a motor putting out 240hp were capable of dealing with an additional 100hp. They were't in my MK6 and this car even with a billet pendulum insert still wheel hops and could use some firming up under stock power, IMO. I'm sure the AWD in the Golf R helps with that to some degree, though.

Just thought I'd offer, considering these are out of production. They'll go up for sale on golfmk7.com once I do finally sell the GTI.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:hibachi:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 pm Tooned.... now we wait till I drive anywhere
Is it a tune if you haven’t been able to experience the earth shattering veyron slaying power and post about ?!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:50 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 pm Tooned.... now we wait till I drive anywhere
Is it a tune if you haven’t been able to experience the earth shattering veyron slaying power and post about ?!
Good ol Gunkata. I wonder what car he has now, he can definitely do well here.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:06 pm

I actually met him In person in chiraq. I really liked his s3 but damn that carboner apr intake was a solid pos. That’s when I realized I’d never mod again and I was reminded of it when people started blowing engine sales from k04s and he puked dsg Fluid and had metal shavings
It it from overheating it even though it can handle 500whp no problem ...

:lolgasm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm

I actually met him In person in chiraq. I really liked his s3 but damn that carboner apr intake was a solid pos. That’s when I realized I’d never mod again and I was reminded of it when people started blowing engine sales from k04s and he puked dsg Fluid and had metal shavings

I think I remember that and APR is just mediocre when there are better companies out there. I remember people were :triggered: at you for giving the right advice :lol: ahhh good times. I miss a few people in OT, like that guy in Texas with his TDI and listens to house, Coachella bro, that John guy with a Kobe avatar and dubessa. Also virgin hour Armenian bro in El A.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

I wonder what Nate is up to... he works @ concert venues ... let me sext him
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:33 pm I wonder what Nate is up to... he works @ concert venues ... let me sext him
I'm wondering if he's still with that girl, which is 5/7 imo
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Read on The Dead Zone that the Gunkat and a few of his immediate family are all recovering from the 'Rona. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:33 pm I wonder what Nate is up to... he works @ concert venues ... let me sext him
:popcorn:
max225

wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Read on The Dead Zone that the Gunkat and a few of his immediate family are all recovering from the 'Rona. :(
He should be ok, hopefully not the olds with pre existing conditions tho
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Well they are recovering so I guess they're ok.

Here's his actual post from this past Friday:
We are doing ok, believe 3 of the 5 of our family is actually just finishing up COVID-19... 2 are totally asymptomatic, one has mostly nausea, then 2 of us (my son and I), have had the chest pain and shortness of breath. I did an E-Video visit about 3 days ago, they told us to stay home, and that we most likely had it. Only the boy had a very slight fever ONCE, of like 99 - nothing - and myself and my older daughter who had just the nausea, never had a fever. Super strange... I am feeling much better today, probably out of this soon, as we estimate we got sick just about 2 weeks ago.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 pm

We are doing ok, believe 3 of the 5 of our family is actually just finishing up COVID-19... 2 are totally asymptomatic, one has mostly nausea, then 2 of us (my son and I), have had the chest pain and shortness of breath. I did an E-Video visit about 3 days ago, they told us to stay home, and that we most likely had it. Only the boy had a very slight fever ONCE, of like 99 - nothing - and myself and my older daughter who had just the nausea, never had a fever. Super strange... I am feeling much better today, probably out of this soon, as we estimate we got sick just about 2 weeks ago.
Seems better than the average flu. :notbad:
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Seems better than the average flu. :notbad:
Yea they definitely had it much easier than many others.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 pm
D Griff wrote:
:yeahok: :sass:

I had a Uni t00n on my :mk6: and the clutch was 100% fine.

:millennial: :sass:
Ehhh it's kinda different for Mk7's. I was t00ned stage 1 from 7-20k and stage 2 from 20-55k and only started getting a little slip at the end.

Tuned Mk7's make significantly more power over a Mk6. I think most of the people experiencing slip right away in the Mk6 just didn't know how to drive but slip seems be way more common in the Mk7.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Lookie here sonny boy, I was driving a stick when you nothing more than a gleam in yo daddy's eye......

:trollface:

But seriously, I had slippage on the way home from the toon shop..... I will say that I bought the car with 39k farts so I guess it is possible that the previous owner didnt know how to drive....

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:04 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:28 pm
Go on...
You don't remember the horror stories from the dead forum?

People were always complaining about issues with south bends. Enough for me to be all :nope: if I ever did a replacement. I'd go as close to OEM as possible.
I had a Southbend Stage 3 dropped in and I have had nary slip in 135,000 additional miles.....BUT that fucker is grippy as hell..... it is not for the faint of heart....
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I am friends with him on Facebook and stuff... I think he has a Prius and a 350Z track car. He refers to the Pri as a p-car which, IMO, is rather :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:ohdang: Glad they're OK. First person I actually kinda "know: that contracted the 'VID.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:37 am

I am friends with him on Facebook and stuff... I think he has a Prius and a 350Z track car. He refers to the Pri as a p-car which, IMO, is rather :lolol:
I think I remember that at some point when he's considering going on that route
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 am Went for a drive last night. Holy foooook it's fast.

Power is there all the time and very smooth. Fucking brilliant.
:jelly:

Have fun Robot.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 am Went for a drive last night. Holy foooook it's fast.

Power is there all the time and very smooth. Fucking brilliant.
:megusta: Unitronic never disappoints. Maybe not the most powerful option, but always smooth and a very nice improvement from stock.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:17 am I am super happy with my decision. I don't need every ounce of power and would prefer something that feels "this is how the car should be" more than "glad I got that extra four horsepower"
Same. I had Unitronic on my MK6 and planned to do the same with my MK7. Sill quite :disappoint: that I won't get to see how this car drives with a few bolt-ons and a stage 2 tune.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:17 am
coogles wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 am

:megusta: Unitronic never disappoints. Maybe not the most powerful option, but always smooth and a very nice improvement from stock.
I am super happy with my decision. I don't need every ounce of power and would prefer something that feels "this is how the car should be" more than "glad I got that extra four horsepower"
I might do this once my warranty times out. For now I go to the dealer for the odd CE light and don't want to hear any excuses about why my claim can get denied.

An R with that tune and a DSG sounds like a fantastic combo.