Griff's Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:15 am Just paid off the Beemah... wrote a check for $13.7K, I think my second largest after the house down payment. I have worked out a :dill: with a buyer for the car, just awaiting title delivery now.

:pouroneout: :waxer:
What are the deets on the :dill:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:15 am Just paid off the Beemah... wrote a check for $13.7K, I think my second largest after the house down payment. I have worked out a :dill: with a buyer for the car, just awaiting title delivery now.

:hibachi: until it's done.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:18 pm

:hibachi: until it's done.
:rage:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:popcorn:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:

Let me go on record here and predict that before long you'll end up missing it more than you may now think.
Probably :wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Let me go on record here and predict that before long you'll end up missing it more than you may now think.
Nah, I think you're right. Sometimes it is nice to just have a car to hop in and drive without thinking too much about it. :ohwell:

It just feels really :wasteful: when I barely drive and the :jeep: is a better "family" vehicle for us to take on trips as :tits: hates :manuel: :rolleyes:
Last edited by D Griff on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Just never really fell in love with this car though. SHould've bought the Civic Si or FiST :ohwell:
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:08 pm

Nah, I think you're right. Sometimes it is nice to just have a car to hop in and drive without thinking too much about it. :ohwell:

It just feels really :wasteful: when I barely drive and the :jeep: is a better "family" vehicle for us to take on trips as :tits: hates :manuel: :rolleyes:
:word:
Not questioning your logic at all. Your reasoning seems sound.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCXYI7znSmk
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'll sell you an AWD :manuel: compact sedan for half that. :hue:

Brand new Conti :225:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am I'll sell you an AWD :manuel: compact sedan for half that. :hue:

For sale already? :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am I'll sell you an AWD :manuel: compact sedan for half that. :hue:

Everything is always for sale.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 am

Everything is always for sale.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:24 am:dat:
I'll give you one set of used C6Z06 shocks, four C550AE :ramz: , one tuba, and an Ibanez electric guitar for it???? :dillerman: :hue:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:24 am:dat:
I'll give you one set of used C6Z06 shocks, four C550AE :ramz: , one tuba, and an Ibanez electric guitar for it???? :dillerman: :hue:
Let me see how bad the coolant leak is :evilplan:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ohdang: BMW buyer will be here Friday. The title came back no problem, I was a little worried with bank/DMV closures and everything.

$2K :plac: profit incoming :excited: :waxer:

Blew more than half of that yesterday on :poorvette: rubber and track fees :wasteful:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:31 am :ohdang: BMW buyer will be here Friday. The title came back no problem, I was a little worried with bank/DMV closures and everything.

$2K :plac: profit incoming :excited: :waxer:

Blew more than half of that yesterday on :poorvette: rubber and track fees :wasteful:
gotta spend money to make money :plac:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, I haven't updated this in a looong time.

As noted, the :poorvette: is sold, Beemah is back, :jeep: remains unchanged.

Everything has gone well with the :jeep: , zero issues, average MPG of 23-24, up to 26 on the highway, it's been a great family vehicle.

I took the Beemah to the track for the first time (VIR) on Friday. It was an interesting track outing as the first session it was pouring on half the track and totally dry on the other. Pretty interesting for the first time out in the car. I did get some dry sessions as well :doe:

All in all, I would say it was a 4/7 experience. The chassis is honestly fantastic. No under steer unless it was wet, very balanced, but plenty tail happy if you want it to be. You can get the back around but it's easy to save/correct if you "send it" a bit too much. It's much happier with a smaller amount of steering angle/input and more steering with the throttle to get it through the corner. The suspension is :muah: The brakes are pretty great and I had zero fade throughout the entire event (Corvette would always feel a bit mushier towards the back end of a session). It was really hot and it ran great. The BFG Comp Sport 2 were OK, they're definitely a street :225: , but held up just fine, can't complain.

Is the Corvette better and more fun on track? Yes. BUT, this was still pretty sweet and will certainly get the job done in the short-medium term. I still plan on :plac: in a year or two. We will probably try for a kid over the next year or two, so if that becomes a thing, I'll likely go for a Type R or something similar, otherwise probably a GR86, but who knows what could happen moving forward.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hilarious when I punched this thread for unread posts the first thing you are doing is selling the BMW, the last post you buy it back. Such boomerang, wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:38 pm Hilarious when I punched this thread for unread posts the first thing you are doing is selling the BMW, the last post you buy it back. Such boomerang, wow.
Last update was selling it to :melon:

:trollface:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:11 pm Just never really fell in love with this car though. SHould've bought the Civic Si or FiST :ohwell:
just drive it NFG, #yolo Maybe get front sway bars or somewhere along those lines.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 am Well, I haven't updated this in a looong time.

Everything has gone well with the :jeep: , zero issues, average MPG of 23-24, up to 26 on the highway, it's been a great family vehicle.

I took the Beemah to the track for the first time (VIR) on Friday. It was an interesting track outing as the first session it was pouring on half the track and totally dry on the other. Pretty interesting for the first time out in the car. I did get some dry sessions as well :doe:

All in all, I would say it was a 4/7 experience. The chassis is honestly fantastic. No under steer unless it was wet, very balanced, but plenty tail happy if you want it to be. You can get the back around but it's easy to save/correct if you "send it" a bit too much. It's much happier with a smaller amount of steering angle/input and more steering with the throttle to get it through the corner. The suspension is :muah: The brakes are pretty great and I had zero fade throughout the entire event (Corvette would always feel a bit mushier towards the back end of a session). It was really hot and it ran great. The BFG Comp Sport 2 were OK, they're definitely a street :225: , but held up just fine, can't complain.

Is the Corvette better and more fun on track? Yes. BUT, this was still pretty sweet and will certainly get the job done in the short-medium term. I still plan on :plac: in a year or two. We will probably try for a kid over the next year or two, so if that becomes a thing, I'll likely go for a Type R or something similar, otherwise probably a GR86, but who knows what could happen moving forward.
I had the All seasons BFG comp as 2 as my last set of :225: and they pretty good for the price and grip. Ok with rain, but good if I don't use launch control.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 am Well, I haven't updated this in a looong time.

I had the All seasons BFG comp as 2 as my last set of :225: and they pretty good for the price and grip. Ok with rain, but good if I don't use launch control.
These are summers, something like 340TW versus the 200TW I'm used to :lolol:

I'm :notsure: what I would go with when they wear out, I love the 200TW grip but seems like a dumb choice on this car as a daily. We'll see how much I end up driving it and where.